Turn Off Ads?
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011

Thread: I would think comments like this won't fly in liberal Seattle...

Re: I would think comments like this won't fly in liberal Seattle...

Quote Originally Posted by 757690 View Post
    He’d have a case, as would nearly every player who was held back at the beginning of their career by around 2 weeks. Some cases would be stronger than others, most players would probably lose their case, but enough would win to make a major headache for MLB.
    What is the endgame to all this? Establish a committee to tell teams when they must call up prospects?

It seems like this is a loophole that will have to be closed in the next CBA.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    I wear Elly colored glass WrongVerb's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Joey Blotto View Post
    What is the endgame to all this? Establish a committee to tell teams when they must call up prospects?

Tie service time to player age and/or time since entering MLB affiliated baseball, rather than just how long a player has been in the majors.
    Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

Nobody is suing anybody, incidents like this are addressed in labor disputes and working contracts, it will be a bargaining chip, just like everything else in the business of the game is.

5. Likes:

Chip R (02-28-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    Nobody is suing anybody, incidents like this are addressed in labor disputes and working contracts, it will be a bargaining chip, just like everything else in the business of the game is.
    When I used the term "sue," I meant it as the being taken before an arbitrator.

7. Likes:

westofyou (02-26-2021)

That should be the endgame, hopefully. Owners had no incentive to close it, since they have been able to benefit from it with no repercussions. Now that it looks like there will be repercussions, they have an incentive.
    Hoping to change my username to 75769024

It can't be closed. It's been around since arbitration, I had to deal with this every winter when I was in the league.

It doesn't matter what you set it at, there's always going to be manipulation. Players should be fighting for guaranteed arbitration at 2+ years of service, that'll help out a lot of the "sophomore" level players; in addition to a higher minimum wage to help the frosh.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinsm View Post
    It can't be closed. It's been around since arbitration, I had to deal with this every winter when I was in the league.

It doesn't matter what you set it at, there's always going to be manipulation. Players should be fighting for guaranteed arbitration at 2+ years of service, that'll help out a lot of the "sophomore" level players; in addition to a higher minimum wage to help the frosh.
    Pardon? When you were in the league?
    What would you say.....ya do here?

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    yeah, he just kind of let that sitting out there. well played, kinsm.

alright, now who are you? we've eliminted trevor bauer from the list. at least give us some hints.

IIRC he went to Miami OH. Not many redhawks made it to the league...
    What would you say.....ya do here?

I believe he mentioned earlier that he once worked for MLB doing stat work.
    Hoping to change my username to 75769024

14. Likes:

Old school 1983 (02-27-2021)

Things sure have changed a lot since I was playing RF for the 1958 Cincinnati Redlegs...
    "Lemonade requires a significant amount of sugar. Otherwise, you've just made lemon juice."

16. Likes:

Crumbley (02-28-2021)

IIRC he went to Miami OH. Not many redhawks made it to the league...
    yeah because Miami SUCKS. GO BOBCATS

18. Likes:

Big Klu (03-03-2021)

Turn Off Ads?