Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Geno to short?

Geno to short?

Mentioned in the latest Sheldon (mlb.com). Move Moose to 3rd. Senzel to 2nd.

This has been my thought all along:

-Geno is a good shortstop with a big stick. There’s your “acquisition” there.
    -Moose is excellent at 3rd.
    -Maximize Senzel value at an IF position.
    -Create much needed OF at bats.

Thoughts?
    "Don't trust any statistics you did not fake yourself."--Winston Churchill

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Geno to short?

Not happening
    What would you say.....ya do here?

4. Likes:

M2 (02-24-2021)

Who would play 2nd once Senzel is injured? Then you have to shift everyone again.

Better to keep Senzel in CF, that way Shogo can take over for him when he goes down.
    "Lemonade requires a significant amount of sugar. Otherwise, you've just made lemon juice."

6. Likes:

TheBigLebowski (02-24-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Sheed View Post
    Who would play 2nd once Senzel is injured? Then you have to shift everyone again.

Better to keep Senzel in CF, that way Shogo can take over for him when he goes down.
    “Lol”, I agree about Senzel. I expect it as well. With that said, in this unrealistic scenario where Suarez moves to SS I think 2B would be manned by India in that situation. Or maybe, shudders, Dee Gordon-Strange.

8. Likes:

Bob Sheed (02-24-2021)

Based on our current roster construction.....this IF configuration probably makes the most sense, although we could be pretty brutal defensively.

Even given Senzel's proclivity to injury, you could always plug in Farmer as a stop gap.

Would be much more comfortable with Kyle at 2B than for any length of time as SS.

10. Likes:

DocRed (02-24-2021),tripleaaaron (02-24-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by Wheelhouse View Post
    Mentioned in the latest Sheldon (mlb.com). Move Moose to 3rd. Senzel to 2nd.

This has been my thought all along:

-Geno is a good shortstop with a big stick. There’s your “acquisition” there.
    -Moose is excellent at 3rd.
    -Maximize Senzel value at an IF position.
    -Create much needed OF at bats.

Thoughts?
    Defense?

Just set a lineup, then have the players draw numbers out of a hat to see who plays what position. If we end up with Votto and Winker as middle infielders, so be it.
    It is on the whole probable that we continually dream, but that consciousness makes such a noise that we do not hear it. Carl Jung.

13. Likes:

Revering4Blue (02-24-2021),The Operator (02-24-2021)

Here's a link to the article to see full context:

https://www.mlb.com/reds/news/eugeni...-base-for-reds

I'm paraphrasing but Bell said:

- He knows Geno can do it
    - They won't rule it out
    - Have not had serious discussions

15. Likes:

DocRed (02-24-2021),Revering4Blue (02-24-2021),Ron Madden (02-24-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    “Lol”, I agree about Senzel. I expect it as well. With that said, in this unrealistic scenario where Suarez moves to SS I think 2B would be manned by India in that situation. Or maybe, shudders, Dee Gordon-Strange.
    Why unrealistic? Geno came up as a SS and played very well at the position for the Reds. In fact, he was scouted as “all glove” when the Reds got him...
    "Don't trust any statistics you did not fake yourself."--Winston Churchill

17. Likes:

DocRed (02-24-2021)

If my options are Dee Strange-Gordon or Suarez at SS, I'm taking Suarez every single time. Both are significant liabilities defensively there, but at least Suarez should hit.

I think they'll find a better option than Strange-Gordon, Farmer, etc. when rosters sizes start to get set though, so I'm not worried about SS right now.

19. Likes:

*BaseClogger* (02-24-2021),Bourgeois Zee (02-24-2021),DocRed (02-24-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by Wheelhouse View Post
    Why unrealistic? Geno came up as a SS and played very well at the position for the Reds. In fact, he was scouted as “all glove” when the Reds got him...
    Well, for one thing his defense has been declining at 3B the last couple of years. Not sure why he would be able to handle SS now.

This is a nice annual tradition. I like traditions.

22. Likes:

757690 (02-24-2021),Chip R (02-24-2021),goldglover9 (02-25-2021),Red Raindog (02-24-2021),RedTeamGo! (02-24-2021),Ron Madden (02-24-2021),sjjones (02-25-2021),SunDeck (02-24-2021),The Operator (02-24-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by CaiGuy View Post
    This is a nice annual tradition. I like traditions.
    I wonder if we'll see a "Senzel to 2B?" thread soon.

24. Likes:

Ron Madden (02-24-2021)

Sheldon is bored, looking for some clicks. This is a non-story, created by the beat writer. I thought Sheldon was above this. I guess not.
    Hoping to change my username to 75769024

Quote Originally Posted by 757690 View Post
    Sheldon is bored, looking for some clicks. This is a non-story, created by the beat writer. I thought Sheldon was above this. I guess not.
    It's not hard-hitting news, but it's a legitimate article. When the current front-runners for SS are Kyle Farmer, Kyle Holder and Dee Gordon-Strange, I think it's okay to ask the manager if Suarez at SS is a possibility. The fact that he dropped some weight also plays into this.

Tsk-tsking Sheldon for writing this is ridiculous. It's not like they've announced a starting SS (or even have a MLB-caliber SS). It couldn't be more wide-open.

27. Likes:

*BaseClogger* (02-24-2021),DocRed (02-24-2021),Edd Roush (02-24-2021),REDREAD (02-26-2021),texasdave (02-24-2021),tripleaaaron (02-25-2021)

Turn Off Ads?