Turn Off Ads?
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Tejay Antone in the bullpen?

Re: Tejay Antone in the bullpen?

Quote Originally Posted by Ash11 View Post
    How can a team be as bad as the reds for so long, and have so many high rnd 1 and 2 picks, and still have a bottom tier farm system? It’s like they try to be incompetent
    I am glad you are so sure about the farm system, no one has seen any of the prospects play in over a year. How are you able to evaluate something you haven't seen? Seems impossible too me, especially when they implemented all the driveline stuff and no one knows what impact that will have.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Rdirtypirates View Post
    I am glad you are so sure about the farm system, no one has seen any of the prospects play in over a year. How are you able to evaluate something you haven't seen? Seems impossible too me, especially when they implemented all the driveline stuff and no one knows what impact that will have.
    They have a bottom 50% farm system, even after a bungled rebuild.

But I’m sure you’re going to give them the benefit of the doubt. After all, they are such a well run and successful organization. Lol.

They have a bottom 50% farm system, even after a bungled rebuild.

But I’m sure you’re going to give them the benefit of the doubt. After all, they are such a well run and successful organization. Lol.
    Again, how can you evaluate something you know nothing about? I am far from a Reds apologist, but I keep my complaining factual. I don't make up stats and throw out hate just to instigate people.

Again, how can you evaluate something you know nothing about? I am far from a Reds apologist, but I keep my complaining factual. I don't make up stats and throw out hate just to instigate people.
    They are ranked in the bottom half in every prospect resource out there.

And they have been for years

I’m not making anything up. You just want to avoid it
    Last edited by Ash11; 03-07-2021 at 10:10 AM.

They are ranked in the bottom half in every prospect resource out there.
    So, you are basing it on talking heads who haven't seen them play in over a year. Ok, I got it now.

Put me in the camp that thinks Antone should be in the rotation. If he can get stretched to 5 or 6 innings, I think he will be a solid #3 in this rotation.

So, you are basing it on talking heads who haven't seen them play in over a year. Ok, I got it now.

Put me in the camp that thinks Antone should be in the rotation. If he can get stretched to 5 or 6 innings, I think he will be a solid #3 in this rotation.
    Yeah the reds continue to surprise and develop talent way beyond what everyone says they will.

A real beacon of baseball prowess

I’m sure it will change this year. Cause of...magic?

So you think Baseball America and every other prospect service out there whose jobs is player and system evaluation are wrong? And you are not seriously pulling the "YOU HAVEN'T SEEN THEM PLAY IN PERSON YOU CAN'T KNOW" card are you. I mean, tell me you're not. Is this a bit?
    Well, that's what those words mean. He was here. If they don't keep him, he will have been lost/subtracted. I headed out the door today with two shoes on my feet. If I don't return with them, I have lost them. If I do return with them, I haven't added them. ---M2

Quote Originally Posted by membengal View Post
    So you think Baseball America and every other prospect service out there whose jobs is player and system evaluation are wrong? And you are not seriously pulling the "YOU HAVEN'T SEEN THEM PLAY IN PERSON YOU CAN'T KNOW" card are you. I mean, tell me you're not. Is this a bit?
    Gosh your right it is a bit or maybe NO ONE has any sense of how the farm systems will look after a year of most of the players having to train on their own. With the implementation of the pitching programs, most people are expecting better results from the Reds.

I’ve been critical of the farm, but I actually reached out to JJ Cooper and the other guy (blanking on his name) that didn’t rank Greene in their top 100 rankings as to why. They replied and basically said “we haven’t seen him in a couple of years, that’s why we didn’t rank him. In 6 months he could easy be top 20 prospect in the game.” And if you listen to their podcast about the Reds they basically say the reason they ranked reds prospects so lowly is because they haven’t actually seen any of the top prospects in the system. They stated the Reds have a very strange farm because in a year they might have 7-8 top 100 prospects but because there wasn’t a minor league season in 2020 they can’t rank them right now. Also, BA has lost most of their best people to other organizations that pay better so they aren’t really the gold standard they once were.

Again, I’m not saying the reds have a great farm, I’m skeptical myself, but as of right now we know nothing, Jon Snow. Certainly not nearly enough to make any absolute statements either way. The dudes at BA have literally said this themselves.
    What would you say.....ya do here?

11. Likes:

ochoa30 (03-07-2021),wally post (03-07-2021)

Also, BA is by far the lowest on the Reds of any of the prospect ranking organizations. By far. Keith Law is actually pretty high on the Reds and the others are somewhere between those two. BA only ranked 1 prospect in the top 100, which I’m sorry, is a joke.

13. Likes:

ochoa30 (03-07-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by UPRedsFan View Post
    Yes he has potential but he started 4 games in 2020. He was much stronger out of the pen.
    In his 4 starts he only logged 16 innings, his control wasn't as sharp, and he got hit more (1.8 SO/W and .798 OPS against). Out of the pen in 2 inning stints he was almost untouchable ( 4.5 SO/W and .377 OPS against). I'm ok with Miley/Lorenzen until one of them proves they can't be counted on for 5 innings.
    That’s fine. Lorenzen got a shot to start years back. Crashed and burned. Miley is a soft tossing journeyman. Goes with the stuff. Go with Tejay.

15. Likes:

RedTeamGo! (03-07-2021),wally post (03-07-2021)

Even Eric Longenhagen admits he hasn't seen many of the players on his top 100 list this season-- and he seems to go everywhere and know everyone.

If there's ever a season to say, "YOU HAVEN'T SEEN THEM PLAY IN PERSON" this is the year.

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    Antone on starting vs. the bullpen: “I want to start, but wherever this team needs me, I’ll be."

Put this guy in the rotation. He has the ability and he wants it. Come on, reds FO, make the smart decision.
    Ahem

Antone just threw 3 IP today, which is the longest outing by a Reds pitcher so far this spring. Maybe he still winds up in the pen, but the IP today seem like a clear indicator he's getting a look for the rotation.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

19. Likes:

Kingspoint (03-08-2021),RedTeamGo! (03-08-2021),Ron Madden (03-08-2021)

Tejay Antone will not be given a rotation spot, Tejay Antone will take it.

21. Likes:

Kingspoint (03-08-2021),Old school 1983 (03-09-2021),Roy Tucker (03-09-2021),SirFelixCat (03-08-2021),thatcoolguy_22 (03-18-2021),Tuff Nut (03-08-2021)

Turn Off Ads?