Turn Off Ads?
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: 3-2-21 Reds vs Angels 8:05 PM

Re: 3-2-21 Reds vs Angels 8:05 PM

REDS WIN!!!

2. Likes:

goreds2 (03-03-2021),LeDoux (03-02-2021)

3. Turn Off Ads?
    Haunted by walks

Cancel the rebuild!

This is the way the world ends
    Not with a bang but a whimper.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

Charlie Goldsmith
    @CharlieG__
    The Reds get their first Spring Training win of the season, and Hunter Greene had a memorable and exciting debut in a Reds uniform.

I’ll have the story on the Hunter Greene experience later, but it was just a fun night to be at a baseball game.

7. Likes:

goreds2 (03-03-2021),Roy Tucker (03-02-2021)

C. Trent Rosecrans
    @ctrent
    Reiver Sanmartin îs an interesting guy. The lefty can get lefties, but the question has been if he can get righties. As good of a test there as you'll get in the 8th of the first week in spring as he strikes out Jo Adell to clinch the Reds' first Cactus League victory

Without going through the whole thread, please tell me Bemboom's first and middle names are Bing Bong (or similar).

10. Likes:

RedsfaninMT (03-03-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Tucker View Post
    Sanmartin is a bit like Tom Hall from the 70’s Reds. The Blade.
    I had to research Tom Hall as I have his baseball card.

In the 1972 postseason Hall pitched six times, totaling 15⅔ innings, allowing just one run (0.57 ERA). He won Game Two of the NLCS, entering against Pittsburgh with two in the fifth inning, striking out Willie Stargell with two Pirates on base and finishing the game, allowing just two hits and a run. “Hall has as much savvy as any pitcher on our staff,” said Bench after Hall’s victory. “He didn’t pitch a masterful game, but he made the right pitches in the right spot.”11 In four World Series game appearances versus Oakland, Hall allowed zero runs in 8⅓ innings.

After two brief appearances in 1975, on April 15 the Reds traded the 27-year-old Hall to the New York Mets for fellow lefty hurler Mac Scarce. The move was mostly about the Reds’ abundance of relievers, as Scarce went to the minors and never appeared in a game with Cincinnati. The Mets needed pitchers. “I think it’s a steal for us,” said new teammate Tom Seaver. “Hall’s got a great arm, and he’s not that old.”13 Hall pitched in 34 games for New York, including four starts, and managed a 4-3 record despite an elevated 4.75 ERA, part of a trend that saw his ERA more than double in three years.

Hall married the former Grace Jean Mitchell in October 1969, and the couple raised two children: Kristi and Thomas. As of 2012 Hall still lived in Riverside, California, not far from where he grew up and learned to love the game. The Riverside Sports Hall of Fame, which inducted him in 2005, says on its website that Tom enjoys fishing, bowling with his son, and taking trips with his wife to Morro Bay. An excellent pitcher for several years, Hall remained rooted to his hometown and the family and life he created there.

https://sabr.org/bioproj/person/tom-hall/

* sorry off topic *

* Attended the 1990 and 2010 Reds Division clinchers *

Go 76ers, Go Steelers and Go Bucks

12. Likes:

Roy Tucker (03-03-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by goreds2 View Post
    I had to research Tom Hall as I have his baseball card.
    I remember Tom Hall. He was called The Blade as he was long and very thin. The Reds got him in a trade with the Twins. He threw very hard and was a good effective reliever during his time in Cincinnati. He also started some as Sparky seemed to like many of his relievers to start a few times during the season.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

14. Likes:

goreds2 (03-03-2021)

Turn Off Ads?