Turn Off Ads?
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Hunter Greene

Re: Hunter Greene

Quote Originally Posted by membengal View Post
    He’s never put up minor league numbers?

That’s not true.
    I believe he actually seemed to turn a corner and had a really nice 10 game or so stretch before his injury.
    "Today was the byproduct of us thinking we can come back from anything." - Joey Votto after blowing a 10-1 lead and holding on for the 12-11 win on 8/25/2010.

2. Turn Off Ads?

In today's B game against Cleveland, Greene threw 1-1/3 hitless innings with a K on 16 pitches. No idea the caliber of player he was facing.

4. Likes:

JFLegal (03-08-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by Griffey012 View Post
    I believe he actually seemed to turn a corner and had a really nice 10 game or so stretch before his injury.
    This is actually true.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MoneyInTheBank View Post
    In today's B game against Cleveland, Greene threw 1-1/3 hitless innings with a K on 16 pitches. No idea the caliber of player he was facing.
    Bullpen cancel?
    Well, that's what those words mean. He was here. If they don't keep him, he will have been lost/subtracted. I headed out the door today with two shoes on my feet. If I don't return with them, I have lost them. If I do return with them, I haven't added them. ---M2

6. Likes:

Ron Madden (03-06-2021)

As someone who grew up pitching but who could only hit 80+ mph if I was feeding balls into a machine, I am very jealous of the way Greene makes throwing 103 look so effortless.

8. Likes:

goreds2 (03-07-2021),UPRedsFan (03-06-2021)

He’s never put up minor league numbers?

That’s not true.
    His stat line both in Billings and Dayton were poor. He struck a lot of guys out, everything else was yikes. Sorry.

10. Likes:

tripleaaaron (03-09-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by bm1475 View Post
    His stat line both in Billings and Dayton were poor. He struck a lot of guys out, everything else was yikes. Sorry.
    So...you are wrong. Yikes. Sorry.

(game logs are pretty easily found when one is not busy being wrong...)
    (not to mention, you cited his stats at BILLINGS for reasons that I cannot begin to imagine are in good faith given that he threw (checks notes) FOUR AND ONE THIRD INNINGS there in 2017...)

http://www.milb.com/player/index.jsp...ng/2018/MINORS
    Last edited by membengal; 03-06-2021 at 06:39 PM.
    Well, that's what those words mean. He was here. If they don't keep him, he will have been lost/subtracted. I headed out the door today with two shoes on my feet. If I don't return with them, I have lost them. If I do return with them, I haven't added them. ---M2

So...you are wrong. Yikes. Sorry.

(game logs are pretty easily found when one is not busy being wrong...)

http://www.milb.com/player/index.jsp...ng/2018/MINORS
    Wow, you’re a jerk! Kindly welcome to my ignore list.

There’s some good games there, there’s some bad games there. It was several years ago. Wanting to see him consistently master one level before moving up isn’t unreasonable.

Wow, you’re a jerk! Kindly welcome to my ignore list.
    Fine by me. You can make up whatever facts you want safely there, I suppose.

Fine by me. You can make up whatever facts you want safely there, I suppose.
    If you think that stat line and game log constitute mastering class A, you’re welcome to do so. His stat line is factual. It may be that the team has seen development and thinks he’s ready. If so, great, I hope he is! Just don’t want to see a prospect get rushed.

A 21-year old back in A ball certainly wouldn't be rushing him, that's true. Course, the team likely isn't basing that decision on 4 1/3 innings in Billings as a 17-year-old four years ago either...

A 21-year old back in A ball certainly wouldn't be rushing him, that's true. Course, the team likely isn't basing that decision on 4 1/3 innings in Billings as a 17-year-old four years ago either...
    I get paid to bash Hunter Greene online, that’s why I did that. And believe me, business is good.

It’s not that I was totally glancing at his stats in two seconds and didn’t see it because I’m an idiot, haha. Not even a little bit.
    Last edited by bm1475; 03-06-2021 at 07:07 PM.

17. Likes:

RedsfaninMT (03-07-2021)

His first 5 games at Dayton were rough, in starts 3&4 he gave up 11 runs in 2 2/3rds innings, which ruined his stat line in limited innings. His last 13 games were outstanding. 10+K/9, 2BB/9, 0.99 WHIP, 2.91 ERA, 2.87 FIP all while being one of the youngest players in the league.
    Last edited by Griffey012; 03-06-2021 at 08:09 PM.
    "Today was the byproduct of us thinking we can come back from anything." - Joey Votto after blowing a 10-1 lead and holding on for the 12-11 win on 8/25/2010.

19. Likes:

757690 (03-06-2021),bm1475 (03-06-2021),Ron Madden (03-06-2021)

When Hunter Greene was drafted I felt he would have been an awesome Position Player

Lol
    What would you say.....ya do here?

Nm

Turn Off Ads?