Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021 MLS is ready to begin

Re: 2021 MLS is ready to begin

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    MLS this year will be like the NCAA 2021 Tournament....Baylor and Gonzaga and everyone else, where Columbus is Baylor and the Galaxy is Gonzaga.
    I very much wish I had your faith in the Galaxy.

Vanney is a home run hire and I do like a lot of the moves they’ve made. But I still think it’ll take a year to figure it out and unless chicarito figures out how to score and play like the top paid player on the team there’s just a limit to how good they will be.

2. Turn Off Ads?

MLS generally isn't what we think it is at the start of the season. It's rarely what we think it at the middle of the season. The whole league is like a random number generator.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

https://www.mlssoccer.com/news/recap...ta-united-fc-0

Very impressive goal by a Sounder. He catches a clearing header and tees it up from the catch before drilling a 25-yarder up and away to the near post. Goalie had no chance.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

MLS has to love having that Galaxy Miami game on ABC. Exactly the type of game that helps showcase the league and sport.

Caden Clark looks special
    What would you say.....ya do here?

Geez, watching soccer on this Yankee Stadium 'pitch' is dreadful.

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    I very much wish I had your faith in the Galaxy.

Vanney is a home run hire and I do like a lot of the moves they’ve made. But I still think it’ll take a year to figure it out and unless chicarito figures out how to score and play like the top paid player on the team there’s just a limit to how good they will be.
    Well so far Chicarito has figured out how to score and play like the top played player on the team.

A lot of it is coaching. Vanney has adapted a system to him and he’s not playing in an offense that assumes he’s Zlatan. But he’s also in shape, working hard and finishing well.

Well so far Chicarito has figured out how to score and play like the top played player on the team.

A lot of it is coaching. Vanney has adapted a system to him and he’s not playing in an offense that assumes he’s Zlatan. But he’s also in shape, working hard and finishing well.
    Chicharito's always had a big motor. I question whether he's going to be a mega scorer, even in MLS. I thought Sir Alex used him perfectly back in the day as a support striker. He's great at springing up out of nowhere when someone else has your attention.

2 games in and Chara isn't even close to ready. I'm thinking July.

They didn't score their first game. Managed 2 goals Saturday for a win. They had 6,600 fans! Outdoor venue.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

2 games in and Chara isn't even close to ready. I'm thinking July.

They didn't score their first game. Managed 2 goals Saturday for a win. They had 6,600 fans! Outdoor venue.
    It is nice to have even a small number of fans at these games, really makes a difference.

12. Likes:

Kingspoint (04-26-2021)

It is nice to have even a small number of fans at these games, really makes a difference.
    Probably the biggest sports news in Oregon in 2021 was that attendance.

POR and COL both had good results in the first leg of their Concacaf Quarter-Finals earning unexpected draws tonight.

15. Likes:

Betterread (04-29-2021)

POR and COL both had good results in the first leg of their Concacaf Quarter-Finals earning unexpected draws tonight.
    Home draws < road draws. Both pretty much have to win outright in Mexico to advance. Columbus, in particular, is up against it having surrendered two road goals. They've each got a chance, which is better than Philly and Toronto have in their matchups. I'm rooting for them both because MLS needs to start getting some wins in this tournament one of these years.

Edit: I read the score lines wrong. The Phunion is almost assuredly through after their first leg 3-0 road win against Atlanta. One MLS club always was going to come out of that tie.
    Last edited by M2; 04-29-2021 at 02:25 AM.

Columbus had it won and gave up a 93rd minute equalizer, that also happened to be the second road goal.

They still have a shot, but it sure didn’t feel like a good result.

Well, that didn't work out so well.

Turn Off Ads?