Turn Off Ads?
Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021 MLS is ready to begin

Charlie Brown All-Star IslandRed's Avatar

Re: 2021 MLS is ready to begin

Quote Originally Posted by Yachtzee View Post
    All of this just seems like a long series of crucial and expensive mistakes that could have been avoided had they simply sought input from the supporters.
    Late to the thread, but, yeah. It's not like it's a new thing for a business to tick off its current customers as a result of dreaming up ways to get new customers. Add in hubris and greed, and we get bad decisions.

Having said that, the NWSL has had a pretty good year for kit changes (e.g. Orlando) and intelligent branding (e.g. Louisville). Maybe MLS needs to start asking their advice?
    Reading comprehension is not just an ability, it's a choice

2. Likes:

schmidty622 (05-25-2021)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Timbers are going to have to see if University of Portland has any players they can borrow.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

Anybody watch the FCC-New England game? I was tuned into the Champions League final, and fortunately not the Reds game. Looks like Carles Gil put on a master class and the Revs conspired to squander the gilt-edged chances he created (aka a standard Revs game). Yet I'm curious to hear from anyone who watched it.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

After 286 days, Blanco is back. He was inserted ceremoniously in the 2nd Half for fellow Countryman Valeri during POR's 2-1 home win over Sporting KC. Missing Mara and Chara to the Americas Tournament, it's a sign that when those two return, POR might start having enough bodies available to make a run at another Cup appearance. Getting one of their two goalies back would certainly help.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

8. Likes:

Betterread (06-23-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    Anybody watch the FCC-New England game? I was tuned into the Champions League final, and fortunately not the Reds game. Looks like Carles Gil put on a master class and the Revs conspired to squander the gilt-edged chances he created (aka a standard Revs game). Yet I'm curious to hear from anyone who watched it.
    NE was the team of the week with their road win over NYCFC.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    NE was the team of the week with their road win over NYCFC.
    I'm going to their Wednesday night game against NYRB.

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    I'm going to their Wednesday night game against NYRB.
    Should be 90 minutes of outanding football. Of course, it goes down much better with a couple of ales. (when I pushed the exit door of the last game, I said to my spouse that Stotts needs to resign. Never seen a Coach lose a series so badly. It was much worse than when Gentry outcoached him. Also, Portland Sports writers/media and Portland sports fans are morons, at least the ones with the loudest voices. Wish we had New York/New England sports knowledge here among the fans and media.)
    Last edited by Kingspoint; 06-22-2021 at 01:49 AM.

Should be 90 minutes of outanding football. Of course, it goes down much better with a couple of ales. (when I pushed the exit door of the last game, I said to my spouse that Stotts needs to resign. Never seen a Coach lose a series so badly. It was much worse than when Gentry outcoached him. Also, Portland Sports writers/media and Portland sports fans are morons, at least the ones with the loudest voices. Wish we had New York/New England sports knowledge here among the fans and media.)
    Oh, we're deep in sports morons too. The Boston Globe employs the worst sportswriter on the planet, and most of the sports radio hosts in our region should be chemically castrated. Fortunately they mostly ignore soccer (and the Revs have been easy to ignore for most of their history). They don't know how to form hot takes on the sport, so they avoid it.

As for the Revs, they are legitimately in the hunt for the Supporters' Shield for the first time since 2007. So this is the first time in a long time where I'm hanging on the results of every game for this team.

I’m flying across the country for 24 hours to go to the Galaxy Smurfs game in San Jose on Saturday. Let’s go!

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    I’m flying across the country for 24 hours to go to the Galaxy Smurfs game in San Jose on Saturday. Let’s go!
    OMG!!!

130 degrees on the field the whole game.

OMG!!!

They are currently in a weather delay vs Orlando.

They are currently in a weather delay vs Orlando.
    Nevermind, they aren't getting the 103 we are supposed to have in POR on Saturday.

OMG!!!

It’s a night game, it’ll be ok.

Charlie Brown All-Star IslandRed's Avatar

Orlando is suddenly good in both MLS and NWSL. Guess I'd better enjoy it while I can, before Dike gets sold to Europe and half the Pride leaves for the Olympics.
    Reading comprehension is not just an ability, it's a choice

Turn Off Ads?