Turn Off Ads?
Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021 MLS is ready to begin

Re: 2021 MLS is ready to begin

This is an eventful week for Julian Aruajo, LA Galaxy right back. This 19 yr old is good: good technical ability, likes 1 v 1 situations on both O and D, and plays with a physical edge.
    He was picked for the all star game/team (at 19!) and he also switched his nationality from US to Mexico. This is a big loss for the US MNT future. Right now, Dest is better, and maybe that’s why he switched to Mexico, where I don’t even know who is their regular RB, which to me signifies a positional weakness.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Betterread View Post
    This is an eventful week for Julian Aruajo, LA Galaxy right back. This 19 yr old is good: good technical ability, likes 1 v 1 situations on both O and D, and plays with a physical edge.
    He was picked for the all star game/team (at 19!) and he also switched his nationality from US to Mexico. This is a big loss for the US MNT future. Right now, Dest is better, and maybe that’s why he switched to Mexico, where I don’t even know who is their regular RB, which to me signifies a positional weakness.
    I’ve loved watching his development. I think you are right about him switching because of Dest though. They are similar style players in the same position and he probably sees a lower risk and a quicker path to playing time on Mexico.

FCC is making an airtight case for why MLS needs relegation.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

5. Likes:

schmidty622 (09-09-2021)

PTFC is really bad.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    PTFC is really bad.
    They've won two on the trot which has them back in a playoff slot, though the defense current ranks as the league's worst. Would really appreciate your guys taking some points off of Colorado in the coming weeks. Trying to win a Supporters Shield over here.
    Last edited by M2; 09-09-2021 at 04:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    PTFC is really bad.
    Not bad, weird maybe? You just won two straight road games, including Seattle. But before that Seattle beat you 2-6 in Portland.
    Anyway, you are #6 in the west, which puts you in the playoffs. Could be worse…

Congratulations Cincinnati FC. You won your first home game in your new stadium in ten matches.

I just watched the Crew survive an absolute siege and get a point out of it. Well done, especially their keeper Eloy Room, who had to make some diving stops on one foot.

In the MLS western conf. 5 points separate hosting a playoff game (4th) and missing out on the playoffs entirely (9th) (33-38 points). In the east it’s even closer, with 4 points separating 3rd and 9th place. It's going to be a wild finish, except for the NE Revolution, who are in first by 15 points.

Jaap Stam sacked at FCC. Richly deserved, but odd timing given that they're almost at the end of another wretched season. I'd think it would make more sense to have their youth team coach, who will be the temp replacement, work with the kids rather than waste time on a team that needs to be swept clean with a firehose. I find it stunning how bad this franchise has been since its entrance into MLS. It really looks like the people who run the club got what they wanted (MLS entry, new stadium) and stopped trying. Beware of Lindners.

13. Likes:

Chip R (09-27-2021)

Crew win the Campeones Cup over Cruz Azul 2-0 tonight.

Doubt they get in the playoffs this year, just been a bad year with injuries, international windows, bad defensive play, etc, etc.

Oh well, 5 year moratorium on complaining after titles.

15. Likes:

Yachtzee (09-30-2021)

Shoutout to Josef Martinez - 100th MLS goal last night in his 125th game.

Prior to Martinez, Robbie Keane was fastest to 100 in 156 games.

17. Likes:

M2 (09-30-2021)

Gianluca Busio scored his first Serie A goal today for Venezia v Cagliari. Only 19. What a future!

19. Likes:

M2 (10-01-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by Betterread View Post
    Gianluca Busio scored his first Serie A goal today for Venezia v Cagliari. Only 19. What a future!
    He is settling in quickly.

Went with season ticket holder friend to ATL-NYC game. NYC with late equalizer to tie it just before stoppage time.

Barco was out for a red card in last match and Josef Martinez came in as a 2nd half sub. To my untrained eye, this United team was playing like it did under Tata Martino. Attacking. Fast paced. Forcing the action.

Turn Off Ads?