Turn Off Ads?
Page 6 of 24 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread: Wade Miley #4

Re: Wade Miley #4

It seems to me that the flaw in this argument is that nobody on RZ has been openly supporting Wade Miley. He was injured and ineffective in a COVID-shortened season, and before that seemed like a totally normal signing for a serious team to make. If he got released today nobody would care outside of depth hypotheticals.

If your goal is to be an edgelord contrarian, I'd recommend starting threads about Suarez sucking or Tyler Stephenson lacking the chops to be a regular. If your goal is to be antagonistic, then I think you can consider it accomplished and move on from the Wade Miley stats.
    Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    Thus his team was punished
    Long live punishment
    Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    Cut back on booze and pizza?
    Good god man get a hold of yourself

2. Likes:

dfs (03-08-2021),Griffey012 (03-08-2021),HammerTime (03-09-2021),JFLegal (03-08-2021),Jim (03-08-2021),Ron Madden (03-08-2021),StRedlegs900 (03-08-2021),westofyou (03-08-2021)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Plus Plus View Post
    It seems to me that the flaw in this argument is that nobody on RZ has been openly supporting Wade Miley. He was injured and ineffective in a COVID-shortened season, and before that seemed like a totally normal signing for a serious team to make. If he got released today nobody would care outside of depth hypotheticals.

If your goal is to be an edgelord contrarian, I'd recommend starting threads about Suarez sucking or Tyler Stephenson lacking the chops to be a regular. If your goal is to be antagonistic, then I think you can consider it accomplished and move on from the Wade Miley stats.
    "Wade Miley is great" is my safe phrase

5. Likes:

M2 (03-08-2021),Plus Plus (03-08-2021),Ron Madden (03-08-2021)

Miley makes me smiley!

7. Likes:

Plus Plus (03-08-2021)

My problem stems from the team not seeing the glaringly obvious, and being perennial losers cause of thinking like below.

https://www.cbssports.com/fantasy/ba...ourth-starter/

Quote Originally Posted by tripleaaaron View Post
    What is Trouts last 50 games? That’s more equivalent to a starting pitcher.
    You missed the joke...

Quote Originally Posted by Ash11 View Post
    I’ll come back when Wade has a 9 era on April 30th
    DEAL!

I now want to be referred to as an Edgelord Contrarian at all times.

Sounds like a Dr. Who villain.

12. Likes:

Kingspoint (03-08-2021),M2 (03-08-2021),Plus Plus (03-08-2021),Revering4Blue (03-08-2021)

monday night smackdown!

Quote Originally Posted by JFLegal View Post
    monday night smackdown!
    Name:  6C5EC7F2-D530-405D-B664-B1E77C39396D.jpeg
Views: 292
Size:  263.1 KB

My problem stems from the team not seeing the glaringly obvious, and being perennial losers cause of thinking like below.

https://www.cbssports.com/fantasy/ba...ourth-starter/
    Tejay Antone threw 0 innings in 2017, 96 in 2018, 146.3 in 2019, and 35.3 in 2020. I don't know what the Reds plans are for workloads but lets say Antone and Lorenzen are both in the 100-120 inning range, Miley doesn't have a limit but is usually good for no more than 4-5 IP per start. That means whoever starts out of that trio is likely a 4-5 inning guy at best. While Antone is the best pitcher of the group, the Reds may be able to extract more value out of him by having him come in as a mid game shut down guy for 2-4 innings 40 or so times this year. Or they start him in the pen to manage his workload early and allow him to become a starter later in the season.
    "Today was the byproduct of us thinking we can come back from anything." - Joey Votto after blowing a 10-1 lead and holding on for the 12-11 win on 8/25/2010.

16. Likes:

Kingspoint (03-08-2021)

Miley topped out at 85 mph yesterday. Lol

He’s like a worse version of Jeff francis and Jason marquis now

Just be glad he is going to be gone after this year. Meanwhile Moustakas and Castellanos are going to be here three more years. And people wonder why the Reds didn't make any big free agent signings this year. Has there ever been as bad of a year of free agent signings as Williams had last year? Overpaying for mediocre/below average players to the tune of $40+ million/yr is going to haunt this team for years.

18. Likes:

mth123 (03-09-2021),REDREAD (03-09-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by thejanitor View Post
    Just be glad he is going to be gone after this year. Meanwhile Moustakas and Castellanos are going to be here three more years. And people wonder why the Reds didn't make any big free agent signings this year. Has there ever been as bad of a year of free agent signings as Williams had last year? Overpaying for mediocre/below average players to the tune of $40+ million/yr is going to haunt this team for years.
    That Albert Pujols deal was about twice as expensive and very bad.
    "Today was the byproduct of us thinking we can come back from anything." - Joey Votto after blowing a 10-1 lead and holding on for the 12-11 win on 8/25/2010.

Quote Originally Posted by Griffey012 View Post
    Tejay Antone threw 0 innings in 2017, 96 in 2018, 146.3 in 2019, and 35.3 in 2020. I don't know what the Reds plans are for workloads but lets say Antone and Lorenzen are both in the 100-120 inning range, Miley doesn't have a limit but is usually good for no more than 4-5 IP per start. That means whoever starts out of that trio is likely a 4-5 inning guy at best. While Antone is the best pitcher of the group, the Reds may be able to extract more value out of him by having him come in as a mid game shut down guy for 2-4 innings 40 or so times this year. Or they start him in the pen to manage his workload early and allow him to become a starter later in the season.
    The innings pitched (or to be more exact, the pitches thrown including warmups, practice, etc.) is territory no baseball trainer has dealt with before for every player in the majors, minors and college systems. The approach the REDS are taking regarding all of them with the medical data through arm monitors is wisdom I am not used to seeing coming from the REDS, or any organization. I'm impressed and confident that at least they are trying to develop their pitchers' arms in a medically correct fashion while trying to protect and prevent injuries from all of them. At this, I just have to let it go and hope Antone's trajectory remains that of Starter in the minds of the REDS' front office. It's also great that the Major League Pitching Coach, the Major League Manager and the front office in charge of player development are all on the same page. If that means Miley has to Start in order to protect young arms from being overused, then so be it.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

21. Likes:

Griffey012 (03-08-2021),marcshoe (03-08-2021),Revering4Blue (03-09-2021),Ron Madden (03-08-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    The innings pitched (or to be more exact, the pitches thrown including warmups, practice, etc.) is territory no baseball trainer has dealt with before for every player in the majors, minors and college systems. The approach the REDS are taking regarding all of them with the medical data through arm monitors is wisdom I am not used to seeing coming from the REDS, or any organization. I'm impressed and confident that at least they are trying to develop their pitchers' arms in a medically correct fashion while trying to protect and prevent injuries from all of them. At this, I just have to let it go and hope Antone's trajectory remains that of Starter in the minds of the REDS' front office. It's also great that the Major League Pitching Coach, the Major League Manager and the front office in charge of player development are all on the same page. If that means Miley has to Start in order to protect young arms from being overused, then so be it.
    I agree, it feels weird to say it too, but I trust the Reds to sort out the pitching staff in a way that will give the Reds the best chance to win. I mean, Johnson did some magical things with a scrap heap in Milwaukee, the Reds have a lot more talent on the pitching side than the 2018 Brewers.

23. Likes:

757690 (03-08-2021),Kingspoint (03-09-2021),Revering4Blue (03-09-2021),Ron Madden (03-08-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by MoneyInTheBank View Post
    You missed the joke...
    Evidently that is the case.

Turn Off Ads?