Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: 2021 New York Jets and Giants - who's the king of NY?

Re: The incredible NFL QB carousel of 2021

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    Wow!

Talk about not staying on subject or not reading posts. Unbelievable. You couldn't even get bullet number one correct.
    but the Jets and Yankees rule their prospective sports in the greatest media mecca in the World
    Fellas, what am I missing here?

Bulletpoint #1 seems pretty darn correct to me.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by kaldaniels View Post
    On the subject of QB's on TV, I think Namath would have been just as popular nationally had he been a Giant and his career played out the same. He's (was) a charismatic guy. (Believe it or not young Redzoners)
    The Giants weren't in the AFL.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

Quote Originally Posted by kaldaniels View Post
    Fellas, what am I missing here?

Bulletpoint #1 seems pretty darn correct to me.
    "but the Jets and Yankees rule their prospective sports in the greatest media mecca in the World"

That is correct, but that has nothing to do with what your first bullet said.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

"but the Jets and Yankees rule their prospective sports in the greatest media mecca in the World"

That is correct, but that has nothing to do with what your first bullet said.
    1) You claimed the Jets "rule their prospective sport" in NY. (as a part of a broader discussion)
    I’m lost man.

I didn't know I hit the "L".

It commented that Watson could make up any salary loss with endorsement money if he went to the Jets. Chip, staying on topic, disagreed saying that he could get equal endorsements from any City he played in if he became a Star. I rebuttled to Chip staying on topic. Then, a few days later after seeing another dozen Joe Namath commercials over that time because Namath just won't go away, I responded one time more to Chip. Then Puffy took that post completely out of context, not having read the previous three posts by me and Chip on the subject. I gave Puffy the benefit of the doubt and tried to explain the origin of post he referenced, but all the buttinski's started coming in (with the King if buttinski's, Kal Daniels, finally chiming in with his usual "quotes" taken out of context) and the original disagreement between Chip and I was overwrought with pointless posts where people were arguing with themselves, including Kal Daniels, as I didn't disagree with anything they were saying, but only trying to direct people to the original subject of the post. Thanks for the help there, Jax, btw.
    As much as I want to dare people to make sense of this I just can’t get past my new moniker, “King of the Buttinskis.” I love it.

And with that I’ll bow out as I hear the mod helicopters approaching.

I'll bet Mahommes could pick up an endorsement or two if he only played for the Jets.

Probably not the Giants though. No one's even heard of that team. The Giants simply aren't the household name that the Joe Namath Jets are.

End of discussion.

Or something.
    "Lemonade requires a significant amount of sugar. Otherwise, you've just made lemon juice."

8. Likes:

Chip R (03-09-2021),RedsBaron (03-11-2021),RedTeamGo! (03-09-2021)

If you watch even the tiniest bit of sports on TV you see players from most every franchise do commercials. Even Chad "Ocho Cinco" Johnson of the lowly Bengals had a time where he was making some good money from endorsements. There are Hulu commercials with Baker Mayfield of CLE. I will say that if you are a highly productive player in NY - whether it's for the Giants or Jets - you have an easier time getting endorsements. But you have to produce. I wouldn't say Eli Manning was a HOFer but his last name and playing in NY along with the two Super Bowl wins made him a popular player for endorsements. Now I can't really say which team is more popular in NY but the Giants have had more recent success while the Jets have floundered.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    If you watch even the tiniest bit of sports on TV you see players from most every franchise do commercials. Even Chad "Ocho Cinco" Johnson of the lowly Bengals had a time where he was making some good money from endorsements. There are Hulu commercials with Baker Mayfield of CLE. I will say that if you are a highly productive player in NY - whether it's for the Giants or Jets - you have an easier time getting endorsements. But you have to produce. I wouldn't say Eli Manning was a HOFer but his last name and playing in NY along with the two Super Bowl wins made him a popular player for endorsements. Now I can't really say which team is more popular in NY but the Giants have had more recent success while the Jets have floundered.
    On the sincere subject of NFL endorsements, at one point NYG OBJ was the highest endorsed player in the NFL. That said, the NFL does a great job of exposing "small market guys" like Rodgers and Mahomes. If you are good and charismatic, you are gonna get paid. Being in NYC helps, whichever team you play for I'm sure.

11. Likes:

Chip R (03-09-2021)

2021 New York Jets and Giants - who's the king of NY?

Continue discussion on Danny Dimes and Sam Darnold here.
    Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    Thus his team was punished
    Long live punishment
    Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    Cut back on booze and pizza?
    Good god man get a hold of yourself

Re: 2021 New York Jets and Giants - who's the king of NY?

What moron moderator started this thread and put my name on it using their made up title?

That's just bull**** by a bull**** moderator.

Only JAX is immature enough to do this. Someone needs to moderate the moderators.

"Lemonade requires a significant amount of sugar. Otherwise, you've just made lemon juice."

Turn Off Ads?