Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 32

Thread: To those wondering why Puig doesn’t have a job yet

  1. #16
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Posts
    840

    Re: To those wondering why Puig doesn’t have a job yet

    Quote Originally Posted by Wonderful Monds View Post
    And the stupid thing is believing that the courts would capable of making such a cut and dry distinction most of the time.


    If you make a false report, you already get in trouble. Straight up, the only reason to create a special circumstance for rape cases is if you’re going out of your way to find a reason to not believe women when they report these things. Truly pathetic.
    SMH. The courts aren't going to make the distinction. The charge of false allegations needs to have proof to convict the same as convicting a rapist. Except of course, it's easier to prove rape than prove not rape. Look, all I'm saying is that if it's proven that a false allegation is made that could've resulted in an innocent having their life ruined, the punishment should be the same. Not a mistaken allegation, not a not guilty verdict but a false allegation. To convict on a false allegation, it has to be beyond a reasonable doubt, same standard for convicting on rape. You seem to think imprisoning an innocent on rape is better than a rapist going free. The "innocent until proven guilty" standard that this country's justice system has been based says otherwise for good reason.

    Also, you do realize that evidence can exist for rape when a rape never occurred. If the "she said" is all it takes then you're handing one hell of a weapon to any woman who wants revenge against her cheating boyfriend or wants to blackmail someone for money. Even if no physical act took place, disgruntled women employees have used the allegation of sexual harassment to either get even with or extort money from their employers.

    Just like you want to deter rapists, you should also want to deter the false allegations just as much. And I'd rather be falsely accused of mugging someone than of rape and that's why there needs to be different degree of false accusations just like there are different degrees of other crimes.
    Last edited by foster15; 03-12-2021 at 03:36 PM.


  2. Turn Off Ads?
  3. #17
    Member Wonderful Monds's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Cincinnati
    Posts
    10,123

    Re: To those wondering why Puig doesn’t have a job yet

    Quote Originally Posted by foster15 View Post
    SMH. The courts aren't going to make the distinction. The charge of false allegations needs to have proof to convict the same as convicting a rapist. Except of course, it's easier to prove rape than prove not rape. Look, all I'm saying is that if it's proven that a false allegation is made that could've resulted in an innocent having their life ruined, the punishment should be the same. Not a mistaken allegation, not a not guilty verdict but a false allegation. To convict on a false allegation, it has to be beyond a reasonable doubt, same standard for convicting on rape. You seem to think imprisoning an innocent on rape is better than a rapist going free. The "innocent until proven guilty" standard that this country's justice system has been based says otherwise for good reason.
    Yeah I also know when I see someone who bends over backwards to look for reasons why women are lying about being raped, you can save me the whole schtick.

    Every single woman in my life that I’ve been close with has a story about being sexually assaulted. Every single one. And not one of those people has faced consequences for it. Most of them haven’t even gone public with their stories because they know they’ll receive the blame for it or otherwise receive this kind of scrutinizing where there must be a reason why they’re making it up. I promise you, you have no reason to be filling your diaper the way you are over untold scores of men going to jail for being falsely accused of being raped. Because short of an clear cut smoking gun, like a guy literally writing “wow can you believe I raped that person and got away with it?”, there’s a pretty good chance you’re not going to be convicted for rape in this country. Hell even if it’s not being denied, you can get off with a slap on the wrist, if you’re someone like Brock Turner.

  4. #18
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    2,185

    Re: To those wondering why Puig doesn’t have a job yet

    People tell you who they are. Believe them.
    "Even a bad day at the ballpark beats the snot out of most other good days. I'll take my scorecard and pencil and beer and hot dog and rage at the dips and cheer at the highs, but I'm not ever going to stop loving this game and this team and nobody will ever take that away from me." Roy Tucker October 2010

  5. #19
    Member Old school 1983's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    4,949

    Re: To those wondering why Puig doesn’t have a job yet

    Quote Originally Posted by 757690 View Post
    It seems to me the double standard goes the other way.

    If I report getting mugged, or robbed, no one asks if I am making it up. Yet that happens every time a woman reports sexual assault. And the data reveals there are no more false sexual assault claims than any other crime.
    Likely because the line between being assaulted or not is generally clear. The line between consensual and non-consensual sexual activities isn’t nearly as clear in a lot of circumstances.
    Last edited by Old school 1983; 03-12-2021 at 04:52 PM.

  6. #20
    Member Old school 1983's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    4,949

    Re: To those wondering why Puig doesn’t have a job yet

    I think another thing that gets lost is that testimony is evidence. The credibility of that is evidence is weighed by the trier of fact. I have seen rape cases that ended in conviction with zero physical evidence

  7. #21
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Posts
    840

    Re: To those wondering why Puig doesn’t have a job yet

    Quote Originally Posted by dfs View Post
    People tell you who they are. Believe them.
    Foster15: This is who I am.

    I believe in presumption of innocence until proven guilty. I believe my word against yours isn't enough to convict. I believe it's better that a guilty person goes free than an innocent be convicted. I believe if proven that a person committed rape, no punishment is too much. I believe that the punishment should fit the crime. Thus I believe that false allegations that could lead to punishment that fits a false crime is just as bad as the crime that person is falsely accused of.

    I also believe that celebrities with deep pockets are more susceptible to false allegations for financial motives.

    I also believe that most rape allegations are legitimate, but that fact doesn't absolve the need to prove it beyond a reasonable doubt. Same goes with any crime, not just rape.

    What a terrible person I am for having these views.

  8. #22
    Member 757690's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Venice
    Posts
    27,381

    Re: To those wondering why Puig doesn’t have a job yet

    Quote Originally Posted by Old school 1983 View Post
    Likely because the line between being assaulted or not is generally clear. The line between consensual and non-consensual sexual activities isn’t nearly as clear in a lot of circumstances.
    That is true for our society. The question I would ask is, should this be the case? The next question I would ask is, why is this the case?
    That’s why we’re playing, bro

  9. #23
    They call me "chef"
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    3,780

    Re: To those wondering why Puig doesn’t have a job yet

    Quote Originally Posted by foster15 View Post
    Foster15: This is who I am.

    I believe in presumption of innocence until proven guilty. I believe my word against yours isn't enough to convict. I believe it's better that a guilty person goes free than an innocent be convicted. I believe if proven that a person committed rape, no punishment is too much. I believe that the punishment should fit the crime. Thus I believe that false allegations that could lead to punishment that fits a false crime is just as bad as the crime that person is falsely accused of.

    I also believe that celebrities with deep pockets are more susceptible to false allegations for financial motives.

    I also believe that most rape allegations are legitimate, but that fact doesn't absolve the need to prove it beyond a reasonable doubt. Same goes with any crime, not just rape.

    What a terrible person I am for having these views.
    I think the real victims here are Puig, men, and you. Of course, people are going to call me “a guy who has terrible opinions and a really poor grasp on this situation.” They always resort to name calling when someone is brave enough to speak the truth instead of very apt, accurate assessments of one’s behavior and statements.
    Last edited by Larry Schuler; 03-12-2021 at 05:42 PM.

  10. #24
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    2,269

    Re: To those wondering why Puig doesn’t have a job yet

    anyone else notice the interesting timeline?

    october of 2018: puig accused of sexual assault.

    december of 2018: puig traded to the reds, who in retrospect got completely fleeced in the deal.

    hmm, wonder if the dodgers knew all about this and the reds were clueless. either way, more egg in the face of the reds' inept front office.

  11. #25
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    2,269

    Re: To those wondering why Puig doesn’t have a job yet

    Quote Originally Posted by 757690 View Post
    That is true for our society. The question I would ask is, should this be the case? The next question I would ask is, why is this the case?
    actually, that is not the case at all, at least not from my experiences. i've been with my fair share of women in my day (just one now though -- happily married). never, not once, was there any confusion if the girl wanted to proceed or not. it's somewhat difficult to explain on a message board, but you 100% know if she is consenting or not (without actually asking her, which i never did because talk about mood killer). certain advancements are made, if she's into it and doesn't say no, she's game. and often, it's the girl who is the aggressor, which makes it completely obvious. and i had times when girls just wanted to kiss and would stop my hand or whatever when i tried to do more. that's them telling you no and i always stopped.

    so, i don't believe this nonsense that there is a lot of ambiguity when it comes to consent. it was always crystal clear to me.

  12. Likes:

    Sea Ray (03-13-2021)

  13. #26
    Member marcshoe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Becoming an adult is probably the dumbest thing you could ever do.
    Posts
    9,774

    Re: To those wondering why Puig doesn’t have a job yet

    Quote Originally Posted by JFLegal View Post
    anyone else notice the interesting timeline?

    october of 2018: puig accused of sexual assault.

    december of 2018: puig traded to the reds, who in retrospect got completely fleeced in the deal.

    hmm, wonder if the dodgers knew all about this and the reds were clueless. either way, more egg in the face of the reds' inept front office.
    November of 2020: Puig signs with agent Rachel Luba. Don't know what that means, except maybe Bauer, the guy the Reds traded him for, supports him.
    People who can’t make the world into a story, go mad.

    -Ursula K. Le Guin

  14. #27
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Utilizing Catholic Moral Code
    Posts
    4,554

    Re: To those wondering why Puig doesn’t have a job yet

    Quote Originally Posted by JFLegal View Post
    actually, that is not the case at all, at least not from my experiences. i've been with my fair share of women in my day (just one now though -- happily married). never, not once, was there any confusion if the girl wanted to proceed or not. it's somewhat difficult to explain on a message board, but you 100% know if she is consenting or not (without actually asking her, which i never did because talk about mood killer). certain advancements are made, if she's into it and doesn't say no, she's game. and often, it's the girl who is the aggressor, which makes it completely obvious. and i had times when girls just wanted to kiss and would stop my hand or whatever when i tried to do more. that's them telling you no and i always stopped.

    so, i don't believe this nonsense that there is a lot of ambiguity when it comes to consent. it was always crystal clear to me.
    Was there ever any alcohol involved in any of those encounters?

  15. #28
    Member 757690's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Venice
    Posts
    27,381

    Re: To those wondering why Puig doesn’t have a job yet

    Quote Originally Posted by JFLegal View Post
    actually, that is not the case at all, at least not from my experiences. i've been with my fair share of women in my day (just one now though -- happily married). never, not once, was there any confusion if the girl wanted to proceed or not. it's somewhat difficult to explain on a message board, but you 100% know if she is consenting or not (without actually asking her, which i never did because talk about mood killer). certain advancements are made, if she's into it and doesn't say no, she's game. and often, it's the girl who is the aggressor, which makes it completely obvious. and i had times when girls just wanted to kiss and would stop my hand or whatever when i tried to do more. that's them telling you no and i always stopped.

    so, i don't believe this nonsense that there is a lot of ambiguity when it comes to consent. it was always crystal clear to me.
    I agree with this on a personal level. I’ve never experienced any ambiguity when it comes to consent. However, there is a narrative that there is this ambiguity. I hear it all the time from guys (never from women), that they thought a woman was giving consent, went ahead, and the woman then said no.

    So for some men, there definitely is some confusion about consent. Which is why I brought the up the questions I brought up. Why does this exist? Should it exist?
    That’s why we’re playing, bro

  16. #29
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    1,132

    Re: To those wondering why Puig doesn’t have a job yet

    There are a lot of generalized judgmental comments in this thread. Remember that when you generalize about “other” people, you’re probably ignoring some crucial information about yourself. Every family in the world has some people that are the “other” people that judgmental people talk about.

  17. #30
    They call me "chef"
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    3,780

    Re: To those wondering why Puig doesn’t have a job yet

    I don’t want to add fuel to the fire but I have to say it. This thread has a lot of things in it. Things that other people might think things about. I’m just saying to think about this when you post things. You can infer what things I’m thinking of.


Turn Off Ads?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | GIK | cumberlandreds | Gallen5862 | Kinsm | Plus Plus | Powel Crosley | RedlegJake | The Operator