Turn Off Ads?

View Poll Results: How many games do you think the Reds will win this season?

Voters
163. You may not vote on this poll
  • 98 or More (Over .600 W%)

1 0.61%
  • 95-97

1 0.61%
  • 92-94

1 0.61%
  • 89-91

7 4.29%
  • 86-88

15 9.20%
  • 83-85

21 12.88%
  • 80-82 (.500 W%)

25 15.34%
  • 77-79

31 19.02%
  • 74-76

37 22.70%
  • 71-73

12 7.36%
  • 68-70

8 4.91%
  • 65-67

3 1.84%
  • 64 or Less (Under .400 W%)

1 0.61%
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Make Your 2021 Cincinnati Reds' Win Total Prediction

Re: Make Your 2021 Cincinnati Reds' Win Total Prediction

Quote Originally Posted by jup View Post
    Tough crowd with all the predictions under 500.

Shouldn’t be surprised.

In an earlier poll 92% of essentially the same crowd gave Reds a D or F for the off-season. Reds were just above .500 in 2020, mix in a D or F off-season, fairly predictable this poll might tilt toward the negative.

Overall, it’s around .500 for most people, give or take,
    Last edited by Kc61; 03-14-2021 at 03:45 PM.

2. Likes:

REDREAD (03-15-2021)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Kc61 View Post
    Shouldn’t be surprised.

In an earlier poll 92% of essentially the same crowd gave Reds a D or F for the off-season. Reds were just above .500 in 2020, mix in a D or F off-season, fairly predictable this poll might tilt toward the negative.

They’re bringing back the same offense and they’re down a Cy Young winner. I’d say they got their work cut out for them to reach .500.

For those saying it’s a weak division, I’d counter that the Cards turn up Cy Young winners and MVPs in the cushions of their couch, the Cubs have a lot of money should they choose to use it, and the Brewers have a strong offense and pen.
    Last edited by Falls City Beer; 03-14-2021 at 04:41 PM.

5. Likes:

REDREAD (03-15-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by Falls City Beer View Post
    They’re bringing back the same offense and they’re down a Cy Young winner. I’d say they got their work cut out for them to reach .500.

For those saying it’s a weak division, I’d counter that the Cards turn up Cy Young winners and MVPs in the cushions of their couch, the Cubs have a lot of money should they choose to use it, and the Brewers have a strong offense and pen.
    Agree, but Reds do have a number of quality veteran players. If the health is there, they’ll win a fair number of games.

So I have trouble picking them for a win total in the low ‘70s and went for the high 70’s instead.

The wild card is if they are below .500 and then sell off. That could be bad for 2021.
    Last edited by Kc61; 03-14-2021 at 04:56 PM.

78 because that is what I say every year.

I'm sad to vote 74-76. so it's another season where I hope for a 500 season and even better, but it's only a hope.

9. Likes:

REDREAD (03-15-2021)

Not optimistic....70 wins. Pitching will be good but defense atrocious and offense up and down. Youngsters will begin pushing out vets, or rather vet salaries will push them out as they become sellers.
    99% of all numbers only tell 33% of the story so when looking at the numbers remember that numbers is plural...

11. Likes:

REDREAD (03-15-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by Kc61 View Post
    I find it fascinating that more than 50% of RedsZone (at this point) believes the Reds will be below .500 this season. For a Red fan site, that's brutal. Especially with the team coming off a playoff season. Castellini, Krall, and company couldn't have done a worse job so far in setting the expectations of their biggest fans. If any Cincinnati brass are paying attention (and they ought to be, if they aren't), it's got to be a daily kick in the gut that Red fans recognize just how inept/ greedy they've been.

If they had any sense, it'd scare the living snot out of them. They're alienating their fan base.

13. Likes:

REDREAD (03-15-2021),tripleaaaron (03-16-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by UPRedsFan View Post
    Moose only played in 75% of the games in 2020. His injuries led to far too many JVM starts at 2b. The offense will improve with a healthy Moose.
    The offense will improve with a normal Castellanos and Suarez who aren't going to slump for half the season with a normal 162 game season.
    Ok, if the hope is that Moose will play more, I can agree with that point.
    [Phil ] Castellini celebrated the team's farm system and noted the team had promising prospects who would one day be great Reds -- and then joke then they'd be ex-Reds, saying "of course we're going to lose them". #SellTheTeamBob

Nov. 13, 2007: One of the greatest days in Reds history: John Allen gets the boot!

Quote Originally Posted by Bourgeois Zee View Post
    I find it fascinating that more than 50% of RedsZone (at this point) believes the Reds will be below .500 this season. For a Red fan site, that's brutal. Especially with the team coming off a playoff season. Castellini, Krall, and company couldn't have done a worse job so far in setting the expectations of their biggest fans. If any Cincinnati brass are paying attention (and they ought to be, if they aren't), it's got to be a daily kick in the gut that Red fans recognize just how inept/ greedy they've been.

If they had any sense, it'd scare the living snot out of them. They're alienating their fan base.
    I think the Reds' attendance in 2018 (1.6 million) got their attention. That's why they tried to win in 2020.
    I appreciate the effort, but their cheapness this winter has pretty much blown any goodwill they've gained the last 1.5 seasons.
    Honestly, if they had just gotten a decent SS (or kept their mouth shut about SS being the #1 priority), I think there would
    be a lot more optimism.. Earlier in the winter (and still now) , a lot of fans think the pitching staff will be fine. Whether it will be or not really doesn't matter when selling offseason tickets. The fact that they couldn't scrape up anything resembling a starting SS is pretty pathetic.
    [Phil ] Castellini celebrated the team's farm system and noted the team had promising prospects who would one day be great Reds -- and then joke then they'd be ex-Reds, saying "of course we're going to lose them". #SellTheTeamBob

Nov. 13, 2007: One of the greatest days in Reds history: John Allen gets the boot!

84. i think Suarez, Castellanos & Moose will rebound and the pitching will overcome the loss of Bauer
    There are 3 guarantees in life; death, taxes, and the leadoff walk coming around to score.

17. Likes:

Ron Madden (03-15-2021)

Cruisin' for trouble

I feel generous projecting 74 wins. On paper, you would think their hitting would be better, but there's no indication that it will be. Once again looks like a church softball team. The pitching didn't improve, so I see them out of contention by the ASB. Again.

19. Likes:

REDREAD (03-16-2021),tripleaaaron (03-16-2021)

Sorry. Just not feeling it this year. Lost too much/Added too little. Will be dealing for youth pre-ASG. Will be seeing Garcia, India, Greene & Lodolo sooner than later. If there are takers/return value, Moustakas &/or Geno, Castellanos, a couple of relievers and (if they get the right return) even Castillo or Gray will be gone. A complete admission the splurge of last offseason was worth about as much as the run production vs. the Braves.

21. Likes:

REDREAD (03-16-2021)

My heart says 84, but my head (and my vote) say 78. Would like to believe that improvement on the BOR will offset Bauer's loss, but I don't see the replacement of his competitive fire. Want to believe that Senzel will contribute to the improvement, but I'll wait and see. Moose, Cast and Votto... again, I'm going with the head over the heart... I don't see improvement coming from this big money group. In his third year, I just don't see Bell as being able to wring a couple of extra W's out of the boys.

23. Likes:

REDREAD (03-16-2021)

69 wins. Really pessimistic about this team. Starting pitching is worse (and maybe by a lot if Gray has long-term back issues), hitting is the same....bad.

25. Likes:

REDREAD (03-16-2021)

83 wins

27. Likes:

Ron Madden (03-15-2021)

Turn Off Ads?