Quote Originally Posted by Ron Madden View Post
    2B with Moose @ 1B Joey @ DH next year?
    I don't know
    Yea, maybe that's it

2. Likes:

Ron Madden (03-12-2021)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Re: 3-12-21 Reds vs Mariners 8:40PM

Cionel gets unlucky and gives up a run. Batter hits a ground ball to the second base area. No one gets it because of the shift. Runner takes a wide turn, and Senzel decides (wrongly) to throw behind him. As soon as he throws, runner takes off for second and makes it. He advances on a fly out and score on a bloop single. If Senzel had thrown to second he never would have advanced and never would have scored on the bloop.
    Bud Selig: "I'm the worst commissioner ever"
    Rob Manfred: "Hold my beer"

https://redsintelligence.com/smforum/index.php

5. Likes:

Ron Madden (03-13-2021)

In the top of the 6th Farmer pops out. Stevenson hits a grounder past SS for a single. Aquino hits a soft one hopper to 1b, who steps on bag, but then nails Stevenson in the back with the throw. Stevenson to second. Blandino hits sharp comebacker to pitcher who can't handle it and it goes for infield single. Cuthbert K's to end inning.

7. Likes:

Ron Madden (03-13-2021)

Bottom of 6. Warren in to pitch. Walks first hitter. Walks second hitter. Throws wild pitch to 3rd hitter and runners advance. K's third hitter. Throws wild pitch to 4th hitter and run scores. (not the greatest play by Stevenson)

Heilman makes a bad play in CF. Calls off the RF on a very shallow ball hit to RF, and is forced to do a 360 to stop his momentum and run scores. I'm not sure runner even tries if RF catches it.

Last hitter K's

3-3

9. Likes:

Ron Madden (03-13-2021)

Top of 7th. Delmonico K's swinging. Heilman grounds out. Garcia pops out on 1st pitch.

11. Likes:

Ron Madden (03-13-2021)

Top of 8th. Carle pitching. Walks first hitter. But picks him off. Then walks second hitter, hoping to pick him off. So instead he steals 2nd. Third hitter grounds out, runner to third. Next guy lines a single to put M's in front 4-3. Next guy grounds out.
    Last edited by JaxRed; 03-13-2021 at 12:00 AM.

13. Likes:

Ron Madden (03-13-2021)

Top of 8th. Holder walks. Rain coming down. Crook criminally hits into DP. Raining pretty hard. Grullon walks. Payton doubles down the line and Grullon and his piano settle for 3rd. Alfrod walks. And Seattle rolls the inning.

15. Likes:

ochoa30 (03-13-2021),Ron Madden (03-13-2021)

Bottom of 8th. Takahashi in. First guy flies out to RF. Walks the second guy. That's 5 walks by AAA relievers in the last 3 innings. Ground out ends the inning, so I missed an out somewhere.

And that's the ballgame.

17. Likes:

Ron Madden (03-13-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by JaxRed View Post
    Cionel gets unlucky and gives up a run. Batter hits a ground ball to the second base area. No one gets it because of the shift. Runner takes a wide turn, and Senzel decides (wrongly) to throw behind him. As soon as he throws, runner takes off for second and makes it. He advances on a fly out and score on a bloop single. If Senzel had thrown to second he never would have advanced and never would have scored on the bloop.
    Cionel had a tough inning. Couldn’t locate much. The good news is he misses low and out and doesn’t allow bats to barrel much. He won’t be able to get away with that much in the bigs. His stuff is crazy good though. Reminds me a little of a lefty Castillo. Heater/offspeed mix is similar, walks occasionally will haunt.

19. Likes:

Ron Madden (03-13-2021)

Charlie Goldsmith
    @CharlieG__
    Alex Blandino and Brandon Finnegan have gone from first round picks to MLB regulars to minor leaguers in 2020.
    In 2021, they've been two of the most productive players in Reds camp.

Bobby Nightengale, Cincinnati Enquirer
    Cincinnati Reds impressed enough to invite Brandon Finnegan, Jonathan India to big-league camp
    The Cincinnati Reds cut 11 players in their first round of roster cuts during spring training Friday, and they promoted left-handed pitcher Brandon Finnegan and infielder Jonathan India to big-league camp.

It's a sign that Finnegan and India are being seriously considered for roster spots. Finnegan has shown improved velocity this spring and pitched well in spring training games. India, one of the team's top prospects, impressed coaches at the alternate site last year and it's carried into camp.

"Those were fun conversations," Reds manager David Bell said. "You don't get to have those very often this time of the year. It's really just a reflection of what each guy has done. Definitely different situations, but I guess officially acknowledging that they belong here in Major League camp and that they're officially competing for a spot on the Major League team, which both have been even before this move."

"It's been quite a road for Finny," Bell said. "Certainly, not easy. It was fun to be able to communicate to him just how impressive it is that he's been able to stay with it and keep finding ways to get better. I'm sure many times along the way, we all face this, he could've given up or gone the other way. He did the exact opposite and put himself back into a situation where he's really on the brink of being back in the big leagues."

India, who plays second base and third base, was the No. 5 overall pick in the 2018 MLB Draft. He hasn't had a breakout year at minor-league levels, but the Reds were impressed with how consistent he was at the alternate site last year. India is probably an injury away from a big-league role because the Reds want him to play regularly.

"It just says so much about the difference a year makes in a young player's career," Bell said. "Not that he wasn't in a good place last year, but the development has been very significant over the last year to the point that he has a shot to make the team. If not, more importantly, he's in a position where we acknowledge that he's very close to contributing even if it's not Opening Day.

"I think we all see that he could add a lot to this

I wear Elly colored glass WrongVerb's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JaxRed View Post
    I think that was Heinemann in CF, not Senzel.
    Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

Turn Off Ads?