Turn Off Ads?
Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 51112131415

Thread: I'm not missing Shogo

Re: I'm not missing Shogo

I know he was a PITCHER THAT WAS MY POINT,, THE GUY IS A WORSE HITTER THAN REDS PITCHERS, LIKE Bob Purkey, or JimMaloney

2. Turn Off Ads?

PH for vs a RH

Dead Man walking

4. Likes:

REDREAD (09-12-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    PH for vs a RH

Dead Man walking
    PH for vs. a RHP with a RH batter!
    Eric Stratton, Rush Chairman. Damn glad to meet ya.

6. Likes:

REDREAD (09-12-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by REDREAD View Post
    So I think that makes Shogo possibly the worst Reds position player in my lifetime, if you consider age. Davey Concepcion hung around too long, so his numbers suffered.
    40-year-old Dave Concepción (.198/.265/.244/.509) may have hung around too long, but 39-year-old Dave Concepción (.319/.377/.384/.761) was still a very productive player off the bench, so it was understandable to give him one more year.
    Eric Stratton, Rush Chairman. Damn glad to meet ya.

8. Likes:

Always Red (09-13-2021),cumberlandreds (09-13-2021),REDREAD (09-12-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by Big Klu View Post
    40-year-old Dave Concepción (.198/.265/.244/.509) may have hung around too long, but 39-year-old Dave Concepción (.319/.377/.384/.761) was still a very productive player off the bench, so it was understandable to give him one more year.
    Yea, I agree. Concepcon was a legend. Guys like him are often given an extra year until they have a bad year.
    I wasn't criticizing Davey at all.
    Plus, if I remember, Davey came to spring training that year without a contract, he was competing for a utility role, he was not expected to be a major contributor. I'm sure he was not paid that well.
    Shogo was expected to be a contributor, he definitely should have been expected to be, given his contract. Even if Shogo was supposed to just be a 4th OF and get 400 ABs, that's a lot more than what was expected out of Davey his last year.
    Nov. 13, 2007: One of the greatest days in Reds history: John Allen gets the boot!

10. Likes:

Big Klu (09-12-2021)

Turn Off Ads?