Turn Off Ads?
Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Jonathan India as starting second baseman

Re: Jonathan India as starting second baseman

there is a surprisingly lack of bollywood memes ITT from M2.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by JFLegal View Post
    there is a surprisingly lack of bollywood memes ITT from M2.
    India's been scraping a bit. I'm just sitting on the HR GIF. John-Boy's got to go yard. When he does, I'll pounce.

I'm not a system player. I am a system.

4. Likes:

Bob Sheed (04-18-2021),JFLegal (04-17-2021),malcontent (04-18-2021)

OPS down to .729. No power.
    What would you say.....ya do here?

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Schuler View Post
    I've found that picking contrarian positions to posters you have grudges against and inventing hot takes to feel novel and then inventing disparate, confused, and conflicting arguments on the fly to support them is the strongest form of argument. I learned this by reading the great works from noted non-satirists Ray Bradbury and Aldous Huxley.
    I don't have a grudge against you. I just don't like internet trolls. Particularly your brand of trolling, which I described above. At best, it's distracting. Even amusing at times. But when combined with your particular brand of extreme leftist rhetoric, it can actually cause harm.

Almost everything you post is not only mean-spirited, but offers nothing toward actual debate or discourse. Your mind is always already made up, and your sole purpose is to satirize anyone you disagree with.
    Last edited by Bob Sheed; 04-18-2021 at 03:31 PM.
    "Lemonade requires a significant amount of sugar. Otherwise, you've just made lemon juice."

7. Likes:

HammerTime (04-18-2021)

rest in power, king Wonderful Monds's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Sheed View Post
    I don't have a grudge against you. I just don't like internet trolls. Particularly your brand of trolling, which I described above. At best, it's distracting. Even amusing at times. But when combined with your particular brand of extreme leftist rhetoric, it can actually cause harm.

Almost everything you post is not only mean-spirited, but offers nothing toward actual debate or discourse. Your mind is always already made up, and your sole purpose is to satirize anyone you disagree with.
    I must’ve missed Larry calling for all the Reds opponents to be tossed into gulags, otherwise I can’t recall any extreme far left rhetoric on this board lol

India does seem to have come back down to Earth.

Maybe the league has adjusted to him and now it's up to India to adjust from that.

I really hope a trip to the minors isn't in the cards. I still have him optimistically penciled in as ROY.
    "Lemonade requires a significant amount of sugar. Otherwise, you've just made lemon juice."

Maybe the league has adjusted to him and now it's up to India to adjust from that.

I really hope a trip to the minors isn't in the cards. I still have him optimistically penciled in as ROY.
    He’s not even close to the ROY at this point. Not even on his own team.

He’s basically had one good week and one bad week. Give a few more weeks before making snap judgments either way.
    ...the 2-2 to Woodsen and here it comes...and it is swung on and missed! And Tom Browning has pitched a perfect game! Twenty-seven outs in a row, and he is being mobbed by his teammates, just to the thirdbase side of the mound.

12. Likes:

757690 (04-18-2021),alwaysawarrior (04-19-2021),BillDoran (04-19-2021),Bob Sheed (04-18-2021),Chip R (04-19-2021),goreds2 (04-18-2021),Griffey012 (04-18-2021),mth123 (04-18-2021),ochoa30 (04-18-2021),RedsfaninMT (04-18-2021),redsfanmia (04-18-2021),Ron Madden (04-18-2021),Tom Servo (04-18-2021),Tony Cloninger (04-18-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by CySeymour View Post
    He’s basically had one good week and one bad week. Give a few more weeks before making snap judgments either way.
    What’s causing my concern is that even during his good week he didn’t hit for power.

Hopefully his power exceeds that of Greg Gross.

Yep, adjustments. This is BIGS and they chart, track, and find what you as a batter cannot hit and pound that area of weakness. He is a rookie and it's going to be a learning process. Hell, look at Votto, who is one of the best hitters in Reds' history and he will struggle from time to time. India is going to be a solid player. I'm not worried at all about power. It will come and if he doesn't hit lot of HRs? No biggie. Get on base and drive in guys and play good D.

16. Likes:

Bob Sheed (04-19-2021),Tony Cloninger (04-18-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by Wonderful Monds View Post
    I can’t recall any extreme far left rhetoric on this board
    I am really hoping that "this board" is in reference to "The Old Red Guard" and not "Redszone" in general....
    “The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.”
    ― Marcus Aurelius

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    What’s causing my concern is that even during his good week he didn’t hit for power.
    I mean I noticed that a lot of his hits were ones "with eyes" but it's still just a week, I think you'd need at least 100 PAs to suggest he might have an issue with power.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

They call me "chef"

Quote Originally Posted by adkindo View Post
    I am really hoping that "this board" is in reference to "The Old Red Guard" and not "Redszone" in general....
    It’s mostly on the politics board. It’s a far left echo chamber there. Everyone loves Joe Biden, criticizes Trump, and expresses similar opinions that are definitely accurately described as far left. Extreme stuff. And everyone there, except a few of us apolitical conservatives, agrees with each other. It’s all echoes.
    Last edited by Larry Schuler; 04-18-2021 at 11:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    OPS down to .729. No power.
    Did fans have an expectation of power from India? I see him as an 8-12 deep ball guy. It’d be nice to see the first one though. For Senzel too.

Turn Off Ads?