Turn Off Ads?
Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Jonathan India as starting second baseman

Re: Jonathan India as starting second baseman

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    India just needs a day off to clear his head, maybe adjust his potassium levels and then come back extra dangerous.

Isn't that how Popeye gained his sudden strength before Wimpy introduced him to spinach-burgers?
    It is on the whole probable that we continually dream, but that consciousness makes such a noise that we do not hear it. Carl Jung.

2. Likes:

Revering4Blue (08-04-2021)

3. Turn Off Ads?
    Calgary, Alberta, aka, the most prosperous city in the world.

I can remember the time posters galore complained for years that Winker had no power.

Power is the last tool to develop.

He’ll be fine.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

5. Likes:

Chip R (04-21-2021),Hamilton95 (04-22-2021),HammerTime (04-20-2021),JFLegal (04-21-2021),Mitri (04-19-2021),ochoa30 (04-19-2021),Old school 1983 (04-19-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by PuffyPig View Post
    I can remember the time posters galore complained for years that Winker had no power.

He’ll be fine.

https://blogs.fangraphs.com/correa-b...ment-of-power/

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    India just needs a day off to clear his head, maybe adjust his potassium levels and then come back extra dangerous.
    Yes. I don't mind India and the youngsters getting an occasional day off, but India needs to play a lot this year, to help evaluate
    if he's part of the long term solution or not.
    We don't want to repeat the pattern of the past.. holding on to guys like Reed, Finnegan, Robert Stephenson FOREVER and never making a decision on them. Aquino could be put in this bucket too. There's an opportunity cost (roster spot) for keeping
    these guys on the roster, but never really making a decision on them. The marginal relievers.. ok, that's somewhat defensible, it's not as if they were blocking anyone better.. But India and even Senzel? They need to play the bulk of the time, so there's enough data to make an informed decision on them this offseason. That doesn't necessarily mean the Reds have to decide to cut, trade or keep them, but it's annoying when they keep someone like Aquino or Reed around, don't really play them and just let their value drop down to zero.
    [Phil ] Castellini celebrated the team's farm system and noted the team had promising prospects who would one day be great Reds -- and then joke then they'd be ex-Reds, saying "of course we're going to lose them". #SellTheTeamBob

Nov. 13, 2007: One of the greatest days in Reds history: John Allen gets the boot!

Quote Originally Posted by REDREAD View Post
    Yes. I don't mind India and the youngsters getting an occasional day off, but India needs to play a lot this year, to help evaluate
    if he's part of the long term solution or not.
    We don't want to repeat the pattern of the past.. holding on to guys like Reed, Finnegan, Robert Stephenson FOREVER and never making a decision on them. Aquino could be put in this bucket too. There's an opportunity cost (roster spot) for keeping
    these guys on the roster, but never really making a decision on them. The marginal relievers.. ok, that's somewhat defensible, it's not as if they were blocking anyone better.. But India and even Senzel? They need to play the bulk of the time, so there's enough data to make an informed decision on them this offseason. That doesn't necessarily mean the Reds have to decide to cut, trade or keep them, but it's annoying when they keep someone like Aquino or Reed around, don't really play them and just let their value drop down to zero.
    You're right, but you're also taking this far more seriously than I am. I'm mainly thinking about what other fruit can be turned into a deadly weapon.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

9. Likes:

REDREAD (04-22-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by PuffyPig View Post

He’ll be fine.

good point here peppa pig.

how we lookin?

The takes from April are
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

13. Likes:

GAC (08-04-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Sheed View Post

Maybe the league has adjusted to him and now it's up to India to adjust from that.

I really hope a trip to the minors isn't in the cards. I still have him optimistically penciled in as ROY.
    Cough.
    "Lemonade requires a significant amount of sugar. Otherwise, you've just made lemon juice."

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    OPS down to .729. No power.
    Almost 100 games into the season and here's his slash line ...

.285 .404 .452 .856 11 Hrs

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    The takes from April are
    April predictions, assessments, whatever, are pretty useless IMO lol
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

16. Likes:

Chip R (08-04-2021),Revering4Blue (08-04-2021),Tom Servo (08-04-2021)

Indy was 3 fer 5 yesterday plating one. A kid with a .400 OB% (leads all rookies doesn't it?) who can also hit for average, and is scrappy as all get-out.

OK. Yeah. You can be my 2Bman.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

18. Likes:

Chip R (08-05-2021),jimbo (08-05-2021),REDREAD (08-18-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Sheed View Post
    Cough.
    It’s weird, the National pundits don’t seem to even have him on their radar for ROY

I’m totally eating crow on India and doing so with a smile btw.
    Last edited by RedTeamGo!; 08-05-2021 at 08:21 AM.
    What would you say.....ya do here?

20. Likes:

Bob Sheed (08-05-2021),Chip R (08-05-2021),GAC (08-07-2021),The Operator (08-06-2021)

I was all ready to trade him for whoever the past two off seasons. Really glad he's still here and likely will be for years to come.

22. Likes:

Chip R (08-05-2021),mth123 (08-05-2021),The Operator (08-06-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by Powel Crosley View Post
    I was all ready to trade him for whoever the past two off seasons. Really glad he's still here and likely will be for years to come.
    I'm right there with you. IMO, he's the single best thing that happened this year to the Reds.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

24. Likes:

The Operator (08-06-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    It’s weird, the National pundits don’t seem to even have him on their radar for ROY

I’m totally eating crow on India and doing so with a smile btw.
    Yeah they really have him too low on their radar. He should currently be considered in the Top 3 for what he's accomplished. They have him in 10th place. Ridiculous.
    The Stop And Chat

26. Likes:

Chip R (08-05-2021),The Operator (08-06-2021)

Turn Off Ads?