Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Jonathan India as starting second baseman

Re: Jonathan India as starting second baseman

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    I hope he does well just because there is an endless reservoir of Bollywood dance gifs.

I'm also looking forward to the Rollerball references: "Jonathan! Jonathan!"

India will have to change his number to #6.
    Eric Stratton, Rush Chairman. Damn glad to meet ya.

2. Likes:

Assembly Hall (03-27-2021),M2 (03-27-2021)

3. Turn Off Ads?

My fantasy league about to draft, this is year 18. Usually we are in person for our auction but...covid. So, not this year again in person - will have to be happy with virtual auction.. We are mostly east coast based players so I am truly looking forward to being able to grab India for $1 and slot him at CI for now and happily move him to 2b slot when he is eligible five games in. I am bullish on this.
    Well, that's what those words mean. He was here. If they don't keep him, he will have been lost/subtracted. I headed out the door today with two shoes on my feet. If I don't return with them, I have lost them. If I do return with them, I haven't added them. ---M2

A little negative about hitting India eighth in the order. When Barnhart plays, I’d use Tucker there. Don’t want India getting nothing to hit because the pitcher’s up next.

Otherwise, it’s a very positive development. I’d play him virtually every day and ignore the early stats. Just give him awhile to settle in.

6. Likes:

ochoa30 (03-28-2021),Old school 1983 (03-28-2021),Ron Madden (03-28-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by Kc61 View Post
    A little negative about hitting India eighth in the order. When Barnhart plays, I’d use Tucker there. Don’t want India getting nothing to hit because the pitcher’s up next.

Otherwise, it’s a very positive development. I’d play him virtually every day and ignore the early stats. Just give him awhile to settle in.
    They essentially moved their best offensive player to another position to fit him in so I’m hopeful they will do that.

Quote Originally Posted by cincinnati chili View Post
    Yeah, I put it in the minor league subboard, but maybe should have put it here. Here’s the thread, and the podcast link is In the first post. It hope that the scout gossip is warranted, and that he’s really taken the quantum leap discussed. The podcast is worth every reds fan’s time. https://www.redszone.com/forums/show...are-a-hot-mess
    It's gotta be the lettuce baby. The real opportunists and high-achievers recognized the pandemic for what it was -- an opportunity to grow a sweet flow.

The Reds need more guys like him that can hit for average with speed and middle field defense. For the past 20 years it seems all they can come up with is power hitters with shaky defense and slow as molasses.

Quote Originally Posted by RedsManRick View Post
    There was a podcast somebody had linked talking about India's rise, and they said the reports on him previously were all quite poor -- no standout skills, mediocre effort, etc. They said he looks like a completely different player this Spring. It makes you wonder how much was really development and attitude shift vs. getting and staying healthy for an extended period of time.
    We at Redszone know differently as we all saw the huge leap he made mid-Summer of 2019 that projected him as making the Club in 2021. He got back onto his original timeline after falling behind it for a little while. A light clicked on 20 months ago. But, it's only another step in his career. He solves a lot of problems for the team. Like Senzel the last two seasons, and Winker his first few seasons, there will be adjustments to have to make.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

Quote Originally Posted by Kc61 View Post

Or, they pitch to India because they want the pitcher leading off next inning early in the game. Or, they pitch to India because they know the pitcher isn't hitting next and a pinch-hitter is coming up because that happens more times than a pitcher actually hitting these days. It works both ways. Not a disadvantage to hit 8th anymore.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    Or, they pitch to India because they want the pitcher leading off next inning early in the game. Or, they pitch to India because they know the pitcher isn't hitting next and a pinch-hitter is coming up because that happens more times than a pitcher actually hitting these days. It works both ways. Not a disadvantage to hit 8th anymore.
    Not as much of a disadvantage to hit 8th anymore.
    "Lemonade requires a significant amount of sugar. Otherwise, you've just made lemon juice."

Quote Originally Posted by membengal View Post
    My fantasy league about to draft, this is year 18. Usually we are in person for our auction but...covid. So, not this year again in person - will have to be happy with virtual auction.. We are mostly east coast based players so I am truly looking forward to being able to grab India for $1 and slot him at CI for now and happily move him to 2b slot when he is eligible five games in. I am bullish on this.
    From a fantasy perspective, India will (assuming he's in the starting lineup nearly every day) provide 10/10 production with an outside shot at 20/20.

From a 2B, that's okay. Only six guys did it in 2019.

If he hits 8th, he'll get more opportunities to run, and his inclination for patience may allow the lineup to turn over, but it'll affect his runs scoring chances. Sadly, if he hits 7th with Barnhart behind him, it'll be worse. (Have I mentioned how much I hate having a catcher that can't hit?)

I got him for $1 and he will, after five games, by eligible at 3b, 2b, MI, and CI. I am delighted. Also, it's a 15 team league with 10 player bench so...India at $1 is insane value in that set-up.
    Well, that's what those words mean. He was here. If they don't keep him, he will have been lost/subtracted. I headed out the door today with two shoes on my feet. If I don't return with them, I have lost them. If I do return with them, I haven't added them. ---M2

15. Likes:

HammerTime (03-29-2021),REDREAD (03-29-2021)

I wear Elly colored glass WrongVerb's Avatar

When the draft was held, instead of India, I wanted the Reds to select Jared Kellenic. Kellenic is likely going to debut for the Mariners this year. With their major league careers starting about the same time, I really hope India proves me wrong. I glad we're getting a real Taste of India...

Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

17. Likes:

Revering4Blue (04-03-2021)

Jonathan India quickly becoming the first position player I am excited to tune in to watch to come up through the system since Bruce. I like the way he carries himself and the joy with which he appears to play the game.

Quote Originally Posted by WrongVerb View Post
    When the draft was held, instead of India, I wanted the Reds to select Jared Kellenic. Kellenic is likely going to debut for the Mariners this year. With their major league careers starting about the same time, I really hope India proves me wrong. I glad we're getting a real Taste of India...

oh, kelenic is a top-5 overall prospect in baseball. as giddy as i am about india, kelenic is clearly better. and he's 3 years younger.

mariners completely fleeced the mets in that trade.
    Last edited by JFLegal; 04-02-2021 at 12:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by membengal View Post
    Jonathan India quickly becoming the first position player I am excited to tune in to watch to come up through the system since Bruce. I like the way he carries himself and the joy with which he appears to play the game.
    I'm excited to watch him based on his spring and first looks yesterday, it'd be cool if he's immediately a 2.0+ WAR guy. We fans deserve one of those guys who kind of comes out of nowhere (relatively) and puts it all together.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

21. Likes:

Edd Roush (04-02-2021),membengal (04-02-2021),Red Raindog (04-16-2021),Revering4Blue (04-03-2021),Ron Madden (04-03-2021)

Turn Off Ads?