Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: Jonathan India as starting second baseman

Re: Jonathan India as starting second baseman

Quote Originally Posted by cincinnati chili View Post
    Do you have one lined up for the first time he leans into a bases loaded hit-by-pitch?
    As Lark said today, "veteran move."
    He did. Check the game thread. It was perfect.
    Well, that's what those words mean. He was here. If they don't keep him, he will have been lost/subtracted. I headed out the door today with two shoes on my feet. If I don't return with them, I have lost them. If I do return with them, I haven't added them. ---M2

2. Likes:

Hamilton95 (04-03-2021)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by membengal View Post
    He did. Check the game thread. It was perfect.
    Nice comment.

That play he made today going u the middle and throwing essentially from his knees was amazing.

6. Likes:

Old school 1983 (04-03-2021),RedTeamGo! (04-03-2021),Revering4Blue (04-04-2021),Tom Servo (04-03-2021),WrongVerb (04-03-2021)

AlienTruckStopSexWorker cincinnati chili's Avatar

If my name was Jonathan India, this would totally be my walk up music. M2 is cornering the market on all the good Bollywood clips, but I take this guy as being decidedly more low-budget.

https://youtu.be/wnspfa8h5p0
    Stick to your guns.

8. Likes:

M2 (04-04-2021),Revering4Blue (04-04-2021)

I guess I’ll claim this as my India go-to.

10. Likes:

HalMorrisRules (04-04-2021)

I know tons of Hindi curse phrases. I've caught myself blurting them out three or four times during games. I am going insane.

"Teri Maki..."
    "Baseball players are smarter than football players. How often do you see a baseball team penalized for too many men on the field?" ~ Jim Bouton

12. Likes:

M2 (04-04-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by cincinnati chili View Post
    If my name was Jonathan India, this would totally be my walk up music. M2 is cornering the market on all the good Bollywood clips, but I take this guy as being decidedly more low-budget.

https://youtu.be/wnspfa8h5p0
    they got some good acid over there for sure

... all this Red Sparrow talk ... I 'd rather go with Cap'n Jack

Quote Originally Posted by Will M View Post
    sdwagers for Reds GM!

14. Likes:

dreghorntwo (04-05-2021)

Folks are trying to cancel India for being MAGA. Some idiot retweeted a photo of India wearing a MAGA hat in front of the White House to Amir Garrett, in I guess some attempt to create division among teammates and Amir quickly responded something along the lines of “I don’t agree with my teammates about everything, doesn’t mean we don’t have love for each other.” I swear, people are so beyond stupid.
    What would you say.....ya do here?

16. Likes:

CySeymour (04-05-2021),Edd Roush (04-07-2021),goreds2 (04-05-2021),JFLegal (04-05-2021),Old school 1983 (04-05-2021),Redsfaithful (04-06-2021),Revering4Blue (04-05-2021),SirFelixCat (04-05-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    Folks are trying to cancel...

No way!!! I can't believe this sort of thing is happening!
    "Lemonade requires a significant amount of sugar. Otherwise, you've just made lemon juice."

18. Likes:

Rdirtypirates (04-05-2021)

Folks are trying to cancel India for being MAGA. Some idiot retweeted a photo of India wearing a MAGA hat in front of the White House to Amir Garrett, in I guess some attempt to create division among teammates and Amir quickly responded something along the lines of “I don’t agree with my teammates about everything, doesn’t mean we don’t have love for each other.” I swear, people are so beyond stupid.
    Props to Amir too for his response. This is freaking America. We won’t always agree, but we all need to realize we are on the same team here. That’s getting lost in society at large so much recently.

20. Likes:

cnwizz (04-07-2021),Gapper (04-05-2021),goreds2 (04-05-2021),Revering4Blue (04-05-2021),RiverRat13 (04-06-2021),sdwagers (04-05-2021),WrongVerb (04-05-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Sheed View Post

No way!!! I can't believe this sort of thing is happening!
    I looked at the thread again and it was actually only 1 idiot and he was quickly called and idiot by multiple people.
    What would you say.....ya do here?

22. Likes:

Bob Sheed (04-06-2021),JarrodOnVinyl (04-05-2021),Old school 1983 (04-05-2021),WrongVerb (04-05-2021)

I looked at the thread again and it was actually only 1 idiot and he was quickly called and idiot by multiple people.
    "Can't cancel em all... There's always tomorrow."

Who knows, maybe there is footage out there of Jonathan India making fun of a fat person in grade school or whatever, so there's still hope.

And if they do end up unable to find any dirt on India, they can still hold their heads up high because it won't be for lack of trying.
    Last edited by Bob Sheed; 04-06-2021 at 11:46 AM.
    "Lemonade requires a significant amount of sugar. Otherwise, you've just made lemon juice."

rest in power, king Wonderful Monds's Avatar

I said this in the GT, but I haven’t seen a Reds player look like such a heads up, “professional” ballplayer since Rolen with Jonathan India. He’s playing gold glove defense, running the bases like an expert (tootblan today aside) - that relay throw today to cutoff the run at home was such a solid, heads up play.

I know it seems like most the board was down on him for a while, I know I said I basically viewed him as a trade throw in for the last year or so. But he’s looking like he’s easily justifying his top 5 draft pick pedigree. This guy looks like he could be a cornerstone for this team for a long time.

I’m sure the homers will come for both, but it’s nice to watch him and Senzel hit the balls in the gaps on a line. Imagine the talent up the middle of Garcia can hit just enough not to embarrass with those guys and Stephenson. Not bad for a farm that’s been repeatedly touted as a dumpster fire the past few years.

Prospect guys are stubborn when it comes to moving guys around but I wonder where India would go on prospect lists today.

Turn Off Ads?