Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Larry McMurtry R.I.P.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Larry McMurtry R.I.P.

Legend

I’m such a baseball nerd, whenever I see his name, all I can think about is that he’s the combination of Braves pitchers Larry McWilliams and Craig McMurty
    Hoping to change my username to 75769023

5. Likes:

cumberlandreds (03-29-2021),CySeymour (03-26-2021),M2 (03-27-2021),Revering4Blue (03-26-2021),texasdave (03-26-2021)

They call me "chef"

My heart skipped a beat when I first saw this thread title.

7. Likes:

texasdave (03-26-2021)

I've just started reading his entire catalogue from the start. He was just a terrific writer. He'll be missed.

His son James is one of my favorite performances, highlighted by his song We Can't Make It Here.

10. Likes:

919191 (03-30-2021),Chip R (04-09-2021)

A great loss. I am re-reading “Walter Benjamin at the Dairy Queen”, an essay collection/memoir that is my favorite work of his.

A great American author. Authentic.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

13. Likes:

Betterread (03-28-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by jimbroznan View Post
    His son James is one of my favorite performances, highlighted by his song We Can't Make It Here.
    One of the best songs ever written in my opinion.

I read an interview of his once..I mean James, not Larry. A good portion of it was about how how he selects a tour van..the benefits and drawbacks of different makers.
    I've been to dinner at Jimmy Buffet's house, and I've eaten it at a homeless shelter. And there's great joy and harrowing terror to be found in both places.
    -Todd Snider

Turn Off Ads?