Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Cincinnati Reds Minor League Transactions

Cincinnati Reds Minor League Transactions

A thread to keep track of minor league moves this year.

2. Likes:

DocRed (05-19-2021)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Re: 2021 Cincinnati Reds Minor League Transactions

Last week the Reds purchased the contract of right-handed pitcher Sam Hellinger, from the INDY American Associations' Winnipeg Goldeyes, he had signed with them as a free agent just a couple of weeks prior.

Hellinger was drafted by the Mariners in the 39th round of the 2013 draft out of HS, but failed to sign. He then went to Gonzaga University where he went undrafted. He later signed as a NDFA with the Rangers in 2019 and played in their system for one season prior to being released.

The Seattle native turns 27 years old this September.

Hellinger previously pitched in the Texas Rangers’ organization, combining for a 3.57 ERA and 48 strikeouts in 35.1 innings across three levels in 2019.

He's been assigned to the Reds Low A Daytona Affiliate's reserve roster for the time being.

https://www.baseball-reference.com/r...d=hellin000sam
    Last edited by Kinsm; 03-31-2021 at 12:00 AM.

5. Likes:

Gallen5862 (03-31-2021),REDREAD (03-31-2021)

Saw in the transactions tab that the Prodigal Son himself, Nick Howard, has returned to the organization.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

7. Likes:

Edd Roush (04-04-2021),Gallen5862 (04-04-2021)

The Reds have released Relief Pitcher Moises Nova, the Reds signed the soon to be 26 year old out of the Dominican in March 2015, he played in low A Dayton in 2019.

https://www.baseball-reference.com/r...d=nova--000moi

Earlier this month the Reds released LHRP'er Zamil Castillo and 1B/OF Isaias Silverio. Both, now 21 years of age, signed out of the Dominican Republic in late 2016 and 2017, neither player advanced past short season ball.

Reiver SanMartin promoted to AAA, will start for Bats on Friday.

11. Likes:

cumberlandreds (05-27-2021),JaxRed (05-26-2021),texasdave (05-26-2021),Tom Servo (05-26-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by batsfan View Post
    Reiver SanMartin promoted to AAA, will start for Bats on Friday.
    Interesting that it was him and not either Greene or Lodolo. Hopefully they don't view it as a one time start and if/when Gutierrez returns to AAA he goes back to AA. The AAA rotation has three good players (Santillan, Gutierrez, O'Brien) one decent arm (Takahashi) and a rotating set of fill ins. Let him assume the 5th spot.
    Bud Selig: "I'm the worst commissioner ever"
    Rob Manfred: "Hold my beer"

https://redsintelligence.com/smforum/index.php

He is 25. So that may have played into it a bit. He might be a bit of a late bloomer ala Antone. That'd be nice.
    Dubito Ergo Cogito Ergo Sum.

Quote Originally Posted by JaxRed View Post
    Interesting that it was him and not either Greene or Lodolo. Hopefully they don't view it as a one time start and if/when Gutierrez returns to AAA he goes back to AA. The AAA rotation has three good players (Santillan, Gutierrez, O'Brien) one decent arm (Takahashi) and a rotating set of fill ins. Let him assume the 5th spot.
    I am guessing Vlad is up to stay, he will likely get at least a few shots as a starter. The Hoffman debacle could be coming to an end, though I suppose he might be fine as an inning eater in the bullpen.

Quote Originally Posted by TRF View Post
    He is 25. So that may have played into it a bit. He might be a bit of a late bloomer ala Antone. That'd be nice.
    Reiver Sanmartin has had surprisingly good stats all along the line. He's also a bit old for his level. Flip a coin on his final outcome. If he makes it, I'd say it's as a bullpen lefty.

Last week, the Reds released right-handed relief pitchers Andry Cuevas and Ariel Mojica; this will end their nearly 5 year tenure with the organization. Both players are 22 years of age and have yet to make it out of the AZL. Ironically, both players signed on the same day with the Reds, the 15th of October 2016.

17. Likes:

texasdave (05-30-2021)

Cincinnati released Minor League infielders Cheslor Cuthbert and Nicky Delmonico on Monday (june 1). The club also promoted fellow infielder Michael De Leon to Louisville following Sunday's four-hit performance, including a home run, for Double-A Chattanooga

Jax Note - I wonder if those were mandatory releases in players contracts?
    Last edited by JaxRed; 05-31-2021 at 05:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JaxRed View Post
    Cincinnati released Minor League infielders Cheslor Cuthbert and Nicky Delmonico on Monday (june 1). The club also promoted fellow infielder Michael De Leon to Louisville following Sunday's four-hit performance, including a home run, for Double-A Chattanooga

Jax Note - I wonder if those were mandatory releases in players contracts?
    No real losses.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

Player movement notes from Dragons -

May 26: Pitcher Ricky Salinas promoted to Chattanooga. Pitcher Carson Spiers promoted to Dayton from Daytona.
    May 27: Pitcher Eddy Demurias promoted to Chattanooga. Pitchers Johnnie Schneider and Karsen Lindell transferred to extended spring training.
    Pitcher Pedro Garcia promoted to Dayton from Daytona. Pitchers Andy Fisher and Matt Gill promoted to Dayton from extended spring training.

#Reds have signed RHP Hayden Shenefield to a minor league contract.
    Here is a Twitter quote from Hayden:
    I have dreams about perfectly cooked steaks and right on right changeups
    Here is a fun article on Hayden: Here is a snippet. Shenefield enrolled at San Diego State as a freshman. He tried out for the baseball team four straight years, yet never made the team. That is persistence.

He seems to be pretty well into analytics.

In 2020, he played for the New Jersey Jackals: 21.0 IP, 13 H, 4 R, 4 ER, 2 BB, 33 K.

Another article on Hayden: https://sundial.csun.edu/117576/spor...-he-belongs-2/ A tidbit from that article: “I have a decent fastball, but I operate more on movement,” Shenefield said.
    Last edited by texasdave; 05-31-2021 at 06:41 PM.

22. Likes:

HokieRed (06-01-2021),RED VAN HOT (05-31-2021)

Turn Off Ads?