Turn Off Ads?
Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Cincinnati Reds Minor League Transactions

Re: 2021 Cincinnati Reds Minor League Transactions

Riley O'Brien was DFA'd to make room for Lodolo.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Reds sign 36-year-old Ross Detwiler to a minor league contract.

Quote Originally Posted by Bourgeois Zee View Post
    Reds sign 36-year-old Ross Detwiler to a minor league contract.
    I was interested in him as a back-end LH starter 10 years ago. Now he's just another retread off the dung pile.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

Quote Originally Posted by camisadelgolf View Post
    Riley O'Brien was DFA'd to make room for Lodolo.
    Looks like O'Brien went to Seattle on Saturday for a PTBNL or cash. Ordinarily you'd expect this to turn to cash, but since we ought to be pretty familiar with the Seattle system, at the moment, I wonder if we will actually get a player.
    Last edited by HokieRed; 04-19-2022 at 10:55 AM.

6. Likes:

camisadelgolf (04-19-2022)

Hadn't seen this posted anywhere yet, but Robby "Byrd" Tenerwitz(sp) has been promoted to Louisville....Go Byrd.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuff Nut View Post
    Hadn't seen this posted anywhere yet, but Robby "Byrd" Tenerwitz(sp) has been promoted to Louisville....Go Byrd.
    Robbie Tenerowicz played in Chattanooga last year, too. Over 93 games, he had 27 walks while striking out 89 times. This year, over 45 games, he has 27 walks while striking out only 39 times. That's a huge improvement in terms of plate discipline.

9. Likes:

HokieRed (06-09-2022),RED VAN HOT (06-08-2022),Tuff Nut (06-08-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by camisadelgolf View Post
    Robbie Tenerowicz played in Chattanooga last year, too. Over 93 games, he had 27 walks while striking out 89 times. This year, over 45 games, he has 27 walks while striking out only 39 times. That's a huge improvement in terms of plate discipline.
    Certainly more interesting than Taylor Motter, even though they have the same hair. Don't need to see him again in Cincinnati.
    "In our sundown perambulations of late, through the outer parts of Brooklyn, we have observed several parties of youngsters playing 'base', a certain game of ball. Let us go forth awhile, and get better air in our lungs. Let us leave our close rooms, the game of ball is glorious"
    -Walt Whitman

Reds claimed old friend Stuart Fairchild who re-joins organization. DFA’d James Marinan.

Oops, wrong thread?

Quote Originally Posted by Kc61 View Post
    Reds claimed old friend Stuart Fairchild who re-joins organization. DFA’d James Marinan.
    He has played on five different teams so far in 2022.

13. Likes:

Gallen5862 (06-12-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    He has played on five different teams so far in 2022.
    I see that Fairchild does have options. Wonder why teams are waiving him rather than just sending him down. In any event, Reds optioned him to AAA.
    Last edited by Kc61; 06-11-2022 at 03:45 PM.

15. Likes:

Gallen5862 (06-12-2022)

Don't like the fact SF waived him after 8 AB's. Not a good sign.

Quote Originally Posted by HokieRed View Post
    Don't like the fact SF waived him after 8 AB's. Not a good sign.
    He got caught in (several) roster crunch.

18. Likes:

Old school 1983 (06-14-2022)

Pedro Payano (Louisville) is on the suspended list. Allen Cordoba (Louisville) is also being suspended.

Ruben Ibarra is being bumped up to Dayton to take, ostensibly, Alex McGarry's spot. Dayton buffets will soon be crushed. Ibarra is every bit the 6'5", 290 that he is listed as being.

Matt Pidich is being sent to Louisville from Extended Spring Training. For the life of me, I have no idea why.
    Last edited by texasdave; 06-14-2022 at 05:12 PM.

20. Likes:

mth123 (06-14-2022),Tuff Nut (06-15-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    Pedro Payano (Louisville) is on the suspended list. Allen Cordoba (Louisville) is also being suspended.

Ruben Ibarra is being bumped up to Dayton to take, ostensibly, Alex McGarry's spot. Dayton buffets will soon be crushed. Ibarra is every bit the 6'5", 290 that he is listed as being.

Matt Pidich is being sent to Louisville from Extended Spring Training. For the life of me, I have no idea why.
    I like the Ibarra move. He hit well last season in a SSS, and ws slow to get going this year...IIRC he was injured...now seems to be getting his groove. Good College bat, and needs to be challenged.

Robbie Tenerowicz, who had a solid few months for the Lookouts and was recently promoted to Louisville, sounds like he has quit the Reds organization and is looking for another place to play. Weird situation, wonder what happened.

https://twitter.com/ByrdHotTakes/sta...WCXhVd6CQ&s=19
    "In our sundown perambulations of late, through the outer parts of Brooklyn, we have observed several parties of youngsters playing 'base', a certain game of ball. Let us go forth awhile, and get better air in our lungs. Let us leave our close rooms, the game of ball is glorious"
    -Walt Whitman

Turn Off Ads?