Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Firing Employees who have premarital sex

AlienTruckStopSexWorker cincinnati chili's Avatar

Re: Firing Employees who have premarital sex

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    Who's it discrimatory against? Non-virgins? Not a protected class.
    . Your religion or lack thereof is a protected class under federal law and presumably Tennessee state law. The policy has a disparate impact on non-fundamentalist Christians and most non-Christians, and is therefore unlawful.

https://www.justice.gov/crt/fcs/t6manual7

Not to mention, if the plaintiffs prove their case that the policy isn’t enforced equitably between the sexes, then it’s sex discrimination too.

Not to mention, if the plaintiffs prove that it’s a ruse to circumvent protections for pregnant women, then it’s unlawful once again
    Stick to your guns.

2. Likes:

Chip R (04-21-2021),Dom Heffner (04-21-2021),RFS62 (04-22-2021)

3. Turn Off Ads?
    Potential Lunch Winner Dom Heffner's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cincinnati chili View Post
    . Your religion or lack thereof is a protected class under federal law and presumably Tennessee state law. The policy has a disparate impact on non-fundamentalist Christians and most non-Christians, and is therefore unlawful.

Not to mention, if the plaintiffs prove their case that the policy isn’t enforced equitably between the sexes, then it’s sex discrimination too.

Not to mention, if the plaintiffs prove that it’s a ruse to circumvent protections for pregnant women, then it’s unlawful once again
    This is spot on.

Quote Originally Posted by cincinnati chili View Post

You have made a lot of assumptions with facts that are not in evidence.

I wear Elly colored glass WrongVerb's Avatar

You have made a lot of assumptions with facts that are not in evidence.
    He used "if" a lot, so I think his assumptions aren't exactly hidden.
    Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

Quote Originally Posted by WrongVerb View Post
    He used "if" a lot, so I think his assumptions aren't exactly hidden.
    Agree. But he quoted me and then added a bunch of assumptions to "contradict" what I said.

Agree. But he quoted me and then added a bunch of assumptions to "contradict" what I said.
    Fair enough with respect to my 2nd and 3rd paragraph. But I made relatively few assumptions in the first paragraph on disparate impact. Disparate impact analysis has nothing to do with the employer’s intentions. The fact based analysis goes primarily to the nature of the employer, its mission, and whether less discriminatory alternatives exist. For example, it wouldn’t be unlawful for a Catholic Church to fire a priest for having sex.
    Stick to your guns.

I'm not sure Christians have less premarital sex than atheists or any other religious group. I doubt there is any actual difference in impact based on religious beliefs (again, assuming the employer actually played it straight up and enforced it uniformly).

I'm not sure Christians have less premarital sex than atheists or any other religious group. I doubt there is any actual difference in impact based on religious beliefs (again, assuming the employer actually played it straight up and enforced it uniformly).
    There's no reason why they should have less. It's fun for everyone.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

It is hilarious how jarring the phrase "premarital sex" even sounds at this point. A quick google says that an estimated 95% of Americans have sex before marriage. I think 95% of Americans call premarital sex just sex.

If Dave Ramsey wants to pull his workforce from 5% of the population, good luck to him. Sounds like a fun place to work.
    There is no such thing as a pitching prospect.

12. Likes:

RFS62 (04-26-2021),SunDeck (05-02-2021),westofyou (04-26-2021)

It's pretty obviously a terrible policy.

What if one never gets married?
    Go Gators!

Quote Originally Posted by vaticanplum View Post
    It is hilarious how jarring the phrase "premarital sex" even sounds at this point. A quick google says that an estimated 95% of Americans have sex before marriage. I think 95% of Americans call premarital sex just sex.

If Dave Ramsey wants to pull his workforce from 5% of the population, good luck to him. Sounds like a fun place to work.
    I wonder if a Google search will tell you what percentage of married people are actually having sex 14 months into a pandemic. I’m guessing that the percentage resembles Eugenio Suarez’s current batting average. Maybe this guy Ramsey is secretly anti-procreation. Maybe he runs a clandestine organization of Shakers.
    Stick to your guns.

16. Likes:

vaticanplum (04-28-2021)

Turn Off Ads?