Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 69 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021 MLB In-Season General Discussion

I wear Elly colored glass WrongVerb's Avatar

Re: 2021 MLB In-Season General Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by NeilHamburger View Post
    Wanna feel old? By the end of the season Mike Trout will almost be exactly as old as Griffey Jr when he was traded to the Reds in Feb. 2000 (it's within a month).
    Whenever I want to feel old, I try getting out of bed.
    Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

2. Likes:

dfs (04-05-2021)

3. Turn Off Ads?

This seems important...

Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

5. Likes:

NebraskaRed (04-02-2021),wally post (04-02-2021)

It's going to be amusing when MLB tries to move it and realizes that a strong majority of states have the same basic laws.

The Washington Post did a solid job debunking some of the original claims of things in the bill, which were actually left out in the final draft.

7. Likes:

Billy_Bearcat (04-02-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Gack View Post
    I'll never understand why MLB insists on having an "OFF" day the day after Opening Day.
    Really simple answer, weather.

9. Likes:

Ron Madden (04-03-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by Coopdaddy67 View Post
    It's going to be amusing when MLB tries to move it and realizes that a strong majority of states have the same basic laws.

The Washington Post did a solid job debunking some of the original claims of things in the bill, which were actually left out in the final draft.
    MLB clearly read the bill and found problems with at least one part of it. There are plenty of stadiums in states that do not have laws that have such problems. MLB should have no problem finding a replacement city.
    Hoping to change my username to 75769023

11. Likes:

REDREAD (04-02-2021)

This actually won’t effect the people of Atlanta. They moved from the city of Atlanta to a white flight burb.
    What would you say.....ya do here?

13. Likes:

Chip R (04-07-2021),KronoRed (04-02-2021)

Does anyone actually believe that the oligarchy running the MLB cares a rat's about democratic values? Maybe the MLB should stick to baseball. Many of us watch baseball to get away from this type of empty posturing.

15. Likes:

Sea Ray (04-02-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by LeDoux View Post
    Does anyone actually believe that the oligarchy running the MLB cares a rat's about democratic values? Maybe the MLB should stick to baseball. Many of us watch baseball to get away from this type of empty posturing.
    They care about the bottom dollar, and can see where the country is going to mostly support them.

Quote Originally Posted by LeDoux View Post
    MLB plays the national anthem before every game.
    They have weekends dedicated to fighting cancer.
    They desegregated the game with Jackie Robinson...

They have never stuck to “just baseball”

18. Likes:

Chip R (04-07-2021),M2 (04-02-2021),wally post (04-02-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by 757690 View Post
    MLB plays the national anthem before every game.
    They have weekends dedicated to fighting cancer.
    They desegregated the game with Jackie Robinson...

They have never stuck to “just baseball”
    I see nothing political about playing the national anthem, honoring the first African American to play ML baseball, or standing up to cancer. The Georgia voting act is clearly a political issue that will undoubtedly result in a law suit that will divide Democrats and Republicans and ultimately be decided in the courts. Further, neither the Atlanta Braves nor the city of Atlanta had anything to do with this law. I believe MLB should have left the issue alone.

20. Likes:

Sea Ray (04-02-2021)

Apparently John Means will be winning the AL Cy Young this season.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

22. Likes:

herbdizzle (04-02-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by RED VAN HOT View Post
    I see nothing political about playing the national anthem, honoring the first African American to play ML baseball, or standing up to cancer. The Georgia voting act is clearly a political issue that will undoubtedly result in a law suit that will divide Democrats and Republicans and ultimately be decided in the courts. Further, neither the Atlanta Braves nor the city of Atlanta had anything to do with this law. I believe MLB should have left the issue alone.
    https://www.mlb.com/voting-resources

Quote Originally Posted by 757690 View Post
    That's not political either. Supporting voter registration is not political. Political is taking a side on a political issue.

Quote Originally Posted by RED VAN HOT View Post
    That's not political either. Supporting voter registration is not political. Political is taking a side on a political issue.
    I’ve never mentioned politics. I’m just pointing out the many times that MLB didn’t stick to “just baseball.”

MLB is likely not sincere in this effort. They see this move as a convenient way to avoid potentially winding up in the crosshairs of the Twitter mob.

As was said above, the people of Atlanta, the businesses in and around the stadium, and the Braves themselves have zero to do with the state law in question, regardless of whatever any individual might think of said law. Punishing those entities for daring to reside in the state of Georgia makes very little sense to me.

27. Likes:

LeDoux (04-03-2021),Old school 1983 (04-02-2021)

Turn Off Ads?