Turn Off Ads?
Page 13 of 69 FirstFirst ... 3910111213141516172363 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021 MLB In-Season General Discussion

Re: 2021 MLB In-Season General Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by KronoRed View Post
    Seems pretty clear the umpires are intentionally sabotaging replay in an effort to get rid of it.
    I hadn't thought of that, but it seems highly plausible. Though it's just umps screwing it up even with the benefit of replay. Umps thinking that exposing their incompetence to a higher degree because they're mad we didn't take their word for it in the first place strikes me as peak umpiring.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

2. Likes:

REDREAD (04-12-2021),Revering4Blue (04-15-2021),Rojo Rijo (04-13-2021)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Seems pretty clear the umpires are intentionally sabotaging replay in an effort to get rid of it.
    By not overturning any calls? Definitely plausible but the Reds have been on the good end on some reversals so far. If they were trying to sabotage replay, wouldn't they just uphold every call?
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

Aren't the reviews done centrally, in NYC or some such place? Wouldn't that person or people then be out of a job if they did away with the replays?

Quote Originally Posted by klw View Post
    Aren't the reviews done centrally, in NYC or some such place? Wouldn't that person or people then be out of a job if they did away with the replays?
    They are the same umps who work games. They rotate who is at the game and who works the replay.
    Hoping to change my username to 75769023

7. Likes:

klw (04-13-2021),REDREAD (04-14-2021)

They should be a totally separate group, a 'good ole boy' system sucks.
    Go Gators!

9. Likes:

757690 (04-14-2021),DocRed (04-15-2021),REDREAD (04-14-2021),Revering4Blue (04-15-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by klw View Post
    https://nypost.com/2020/07/24/mlb-fi...w-replay-digs/

https://apnews.com/article/0fce0b88d...31fada8308d414

https://www.amapc.com/Projects/New-Y...IONS-CENTER-NY

https://www.mlb.com/news/instant-rep...faq/c-70189582

https://www.mlb.com/news/major-leagu...ter/c-70188846

last link is to the old center, but still relevant to the discussion at hand.

Happy 80th Birthday Pete Rose!

I wouldn’t be surprised to learn that Pete lost a bet that he wouldn’t make to 80

From Twitter:

The Astros announce they've placed Yordan Alvarez, Alex Bregman, Jose Altuve, Martin Maldonado and Robel Garcia on the injured list for unspecified reasons.
    I’ll give you three guesses what the reason is, and the first two don’t count.

It seems like it would have been a great idea for MLB to have procured enough doses of the vaccine for every player and coach during spring training.

However, I guess you can't require them to get the vaccine, so maybe that wouldn't have mattered.

"Roberto Perez should have charged Rondon for targeting him with that HBP last night. Perez clearly not playing the right way by not taking steps to defend the unwritten rules"- Fake Cardinal quote
    Last edited by klw; 04-15-2021 at 11:02 AM.

I wear Elly colored glass WrongVerb's Avatar

So the last two no hitters were both one HBP away from being perfect games. Has there ever been even ONE game like that before? (I think Pedro once had a perfect game against the Reds until he hit Reggie Sanders on purpose -- but that no-no bid got broken up later.)
    Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

I have criticized Winker in the past, but I have to give him credit.
    He really has gotten faster. I'm always kind of skeptical of "Best shape of my life" news in spring training, but
    he definitely looks a lot faster. I am impressed that he scored from first recently. So props to Winker, I am sure
    he worked hard to do that.
    [Phil ] Castellini celebrated the team's farm system and noted the team had promising prospects who would one day be great Reds -- and then joke then they'd be ex-Reds, saying "of course we're going to lose them". #SellTheTeamBob

Nov. 13, 2007: One of the greatest days in Reds history: John Allen gets the boot!

17. Likes:

wally post (04-15-2021)

Ryan Weathers, son of David, making his first MLB start tonight for SD against the Dodgers. I thought Vlad and Fernando Jr made me feel old but this is a whole new level.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

19. Likes:

Chip R (04-19-2021),cumberlandreds (04-17-2021)

Cubs are in last place, Brewers lose so Reds are back in sole possession of first place.

The Padres/Dodgers game has the energy of a playoff game.

21. Likes:

Ron Madden (04-16-2021)

National Baseball Hall of Fame and Museum President Tim Mead will be resigning in mid-May. He made the announcement Friday morning.
    “I have been extremely blessed as a life-long fan of the game to spend four decades serving the organization I grew up admiring, and then have the distinct honor and privilege of assuming the role of president of the National Baseball Hall of Fame and Museum,” Mead said. “The driving force behind my career in baseball has always been love of the game.”

For nearly two years, 62-year-old Mead says its been a struggle to keep up with the duties of leading the Hall of Fame.

“I made the recent leap with every intention of following in the footsteps of my predecessors, in continuing their efforts in maintaining the Hall of Fame as a critical component of the game,” Mead continued. “Try as I might, even with the unwavering support of my family, these last 22 months have been challenging in maintaining my responsibilities to them."
    No word yet on who will take over for Mead in May.

https://www.wktv.com/content/news/Pr...574220501.html

Turn Off Ads?