Results 1,021 to 1,030 of 1030

Thread: 2021 MLB In-Season General Discussion

Re: 2021 MLB In-Season General Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Madden View Post
    obby Nightengale
    @nightengalejr
    ·
    5m
    #Reds roster move: Amir Garrett was activated from the paternity list. Alejo Lopez was optioned to Triple-A Louisville.
    See its like the Reds added a reliever at the deadline. And folks thought the Reds would be quiet this week.

2. Likes:

Chip R (07-26-2021),Griffey012 (07-26-2021),REDREAD (07-26-2021)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by HokieRed View Post
    Obviously I like what the Pirates did a lot better than most on here. Looks to me like they traded a year of Adam Frazier for a 21 year old who's already in the majors in a better organization than either the Reds or Pirates, a 22 year old AA outfielder (2.2 yrs younger than league average) with a .949 OPS, and a 21 year old reliever at A/A+ who averages nearly 2 k's per inning. Frankly I don't see the comparison at all to the Peraza trade. All the emphasis in the Pirates trade is on upside; the Reds trade was a much more conservative attempt to get near ready or already major leaguers whose upside pretty limited and calculable.
    The problem is that the Pirates keep doing this over and over and over again. They are basically the Marlins North. You may be right in that it is a decent haul for Frazier but it just has to be heartbreaking for Bucs fans to see this happen again and again without any progress. If they are trying to emulate Tampa, they aren't doing a very good job.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

5. Likes:

REDREAD (07-26-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by mth123 View Post
    I think they did OK, but i do think the IF they got sounds a lot like Peraza all the way to teh hit tool and iffy arm strength and the OF sounds like a younger Schebler. If they did well in this trade, it will because the OF becomes a solid player. Low minors relief prospects are guys who aren't good enough to start at the minor league level. That usually makes them a nothing at the big league level. I think the best case is the IF becomes what Frazier was. If they did more than tread water, the OF has to become a solid big leaguer.
    Not to belabor this, but three points. 1. If the infielder, Marcano, becomes Frazier, the Pirates are way ahead, as they have one year of Frazier remaining. 2. If Marcano is Jose Peraza with twice the walk rate, he could be a useful piece. Jose Peraza's biggest red flag from the beginning was his dismally low walk rate. 3. Usually I'd agree with you about the relief prospect, but Miliano puts up two K's per inning. That's way interesting enough to take a chance on IMO.

Will Sammon
    @WillSammon

Christian Yelich tested positive for COVID, David Stearns announced.
    He is on COVID IL. Yelich is fully vaccinated.
    Jace Peterson, after contact tracing, is also on COVID IL.

Pirates close to trading Tyler Anderson.

9. Likes:

Ron Madden (07-27-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by HammerTime View Post
    Close to a deal with the Phillies

The Athletic
    @TheAthletic

Ahead of the trade deadline, Trevor Story is in the middle of his worst offensive season.

And some baseball people are alarmed by his poor throwing,
    @Ken_Rosenthal reports.

"His throws look off and have all year."

Quote Originally Posted by HammerTime View Post
    The Pirates are finding takers for their dogmeat pitchers. Can a Chad Kuhl trade be far behind?
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

Jesse Dougherty @dougherty_jesse
    Trea Turner is out of the game in Philadelphia. Not sure of the reason yet.
    Edit:

Dan Kolko @masnKolko
    We’re looking at replays of Trea Turner after he went first-to-third in the top of the first. He slid into third and didn’t look super comfortable. Then went straight down the tunnel after scoring on Josh Bell’s homer. Didn’t go down the dugout and celebrate with everyone.
    Last edited by Coopdaddy67; 07-27-2021 at 07:34 PM.

#HugWatch2021

Turn Off Ads?