Turn Off Ads?
Page 51 of 69 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253545561 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021 MLB In-Season General Discussion

I wear Elly colored glass WrongVerb's Avatar

Re: 2021 MLB In-Season General Discussion

Hal Steinbrenner throws his players under the bus...

Lindsey Adler
    @lindseyadler

Asked Hal Steinbrenner today how he apportions the blame for the underperformance of Yankees players this season.

10:34am · 1 Jul 2021
    Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Griffey012 View Post
    I'd be fine with Cimber in the mix in the mid to lower part of the pen, just don't think he moves the needle a lot. And the Reds would probably say hey we fixed the pen after acquiring him. Shoot for bigger target or don't shoot at all.
    Cimber wouldn't fix the pen all by himself, I agree, but he would have been a nice incremental improvement.. Pushes Perez, Dollittle or another piece of chaff off.. Reds should have done that deal. Dickerson is a better bench bat than what we have too, if we were forced to take him on. For an approximate extra 1.3 million? Yea, that's a deal.
    [Phil ] Castellini celebrated the team's farm system and noted the team had promising prospects who would one day be great Reds -- and then joke then they'd be ex-Reds, saying "of course we're going to lose them". #SellTheTeamBob

Nov. 13, 2007: One of the greatest days in Reds history: John Allen gets the boot!

As a graduation gift, good friends gave my daughter a pair of sweet tix to last night's NYM @ ATL game. She took one of her buddies and sat about 15 rows behind the Mets dugout while I bought a cheap seat in right field bleachers.

After Mets jumped on Fried for a 2-0 lead in the top of the 1st (monster HR by Alonso), Braves bats responded with 20 straight runs. 20.

NYM pitching was like watching bad Cincinnati Eric Milton on the mound for 8 innings.

5. Likes:

Coopdaddy67 (07-02-2021),Revering4Blue (07-02-2021),Tom Servo (07-01-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by 15fan View Post
    After Mets jumped on Fried for a 2-0 lead in the top of the 1st (monster HR by Alonso), Braves bats responded with 20 straight runs. 20.
    I just checked and 18 of those runs were earned. Credit to them, they only gave up double the amount of earned runs deGrom has this season.

Quote Originally Posted by WrongVerb View Post
    Hal Steinbrenner throws his players under the bus...
    I honestly see nothing wrong with this. The owner opens up the pocketbook every year, they have a loaded roster, at that point who is to blame but the players?
    What would you say.....ya do here?

8. Likes:

757690 (07-03-2021),dreghorntwo (07-04-2021),Tom Servo (07-02-2021),Tony Cloninger (07-02-2021),Wonderful Monds (07-02-2021)

rest in power, king Wonderful Monds's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    I honestly see nothing wrong with this. The owner opens up the pocketbook every year, they have a loaded roster, at that point who is to blame but the players?
    It’s kinda one of those things where he’s not wrong for sure, but you wonder if he should say it out loud

At the same time, hey maybe it lights a fire under their ass and gives them a common enemy to rally together against and prove wrong, who knows

10. Likes:

RedTeamGo! (07-03-2021),Tom Servo (07-02-2021)

The Yankees at least attempt to win. I'm nearly positive they'll trade for Trevor Story to supplant Gleyeber Torres' 79 OPS+ this season.

Put on Braves-Marlins after the Reds win and immediately saw the third base ump blow a call at third base that was right in front of him. Replay rule kinda sucks but man these guys sure do get a lot wrong with their eyes.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

13. Likes:

RedsBaron (07-03-2021),Sea Ray (07-06-2021)

Ohtani with #30

15. Likes:

Tom Servo (07-02-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by Ironman92 View Post
    Ohtani with #30
    He'd have a shot at the record if he gave up that pitching stuff.
    Go Gators!

Quote Originally Posted by KronoRed View Post
    He'd have a shot at the record if he gave up that pitching stuff.
    Pitching guys about the game wonder what he’d do on the mound if he did what all the other starters do to prep during their days off

Old friend Tony Cingrani has been signed by the Cubs on a minor league deal.

SD lost again tonight and we are now 5.5 games back in the WC race. They have lost 3 in row and we've gained 3 games in 3 days on them. Winning that last game against them was big.

Quote Originally Posted by NebraskaRed View Post
    Old friend Tony Cingrani has been signed by the Cubs on a minor league deal.
    They have taken Tony's dad's shoestrings away from him.
    Eric Stratton, Rush Chairman. Damn glad to meet ya.

Baseball means warmth Joeyjection19's Avatar

Chapman's meltdown continues. Gave up a HR to tie the game in the 7th (first game of a double header.)

Turn Off Ads?