Thread: 2021 MLB In-Season General Discussion

rest in power, king Wonderful Monds's Avatar

Re: 2021 MLB In-Season General Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    The 60 HRs is the headline there
    The whole thing is the headline

2. Turn Off Ads?

Here's an article to my inbox from MLB.com and it has a 2nd half prediction for each team.

https://www.mlb.com/news/second-half...=1626437645687

I think you all will like their Reds prediction:

Reds: They’re winning the division
    It sure looks like it’s starting to set up for them, doesn’t it? The rotation is getting healthier, the bullpen is rounding into form and the lineup is still hitting. A shortstop would come in handy, though. There are some out there to be had.

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    Yankees Red Sox game postponed tonight due to positive Covid tests.
    Covid is a beast but it sure seems odd that the Yankees have been ravished by incidents twice now, and they are supposedly 85% vaccinated…

Quote Originally Posted by kaldaniels View Post
    Covid is a beast but it sure seems odd that the Yankees have been ravished by incidents twice now, and they are supposedly 85% vaccinated…
    I read yesterday that you can still get it even if you're vaccinated. What the vaccine does is mitigate they symptoms.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

6. Likes:

Hubba (07-17-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by kaldaniels View Post
    Most teams got the J&J vaccine, right? Maybe its not as effective at stopping infections. I know it's generally worse on severe effects. At least one of the people wasn't vaccinated. I wonder if they were the infection starter.

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    Yankees Red Sox game postponed tonight due to positive Covid tests.
    We had tix to the game. Came down from Boston. Didn’t know it was cancelled til we got there. Frustrating for sure, but was nice to see the stadium outside at least.

Also frustrated that stubhub basically says ‘hey, if you can’t make the rescheduled game, you can resell the tix. Bummer for ya!’

9. Likes:

Chip R (07-16-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by Big Klu View Post
    The Braves are buying because they have a big hole in their OF that they didn't anticipate having a week ago.
    The Braves have 3 gaping holes in their outfield that they didn’t anticipate in April.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    The Braves have 3 gaping holes in their outfield that they didn’t anticipate in April.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    The Braves are playing Orlando Arcia in LF right now. He's a back-up SS (but probably an upgrade here). Shogo and cash to even the salary for Arcia.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

Quote Originally Posted by mth123 View Post
    The Braves are playing Orlando Arcia in LF right now. He's a back-up SS (but probably an upgrade here). Shogo and cash to even the salary for Arcia.
    Arcia would be quite the interesting target, I was somewhat in on him coming into this season as it looked like he had turned a corner at the plate last season into a serviceable bat.

The one hold up I imagine is that there would be some bad blood if the Braves turn around and traded him to the Brewers division rival in a playoff race.

Aquino might be a feasible trade piece for Arcia as well.
    "Today was the byproduct of us thinking we can come back from anything." - Joey Votto after blowing a 10-1 lead and holding on for the 12-11 win on 8/25/2010.

Quote Originally Posted by Griffey012 View Post
    Arcia would be quite the interesting target, I was somewhat in on him coming into this season as it looked like he had turned a corner at the plate last season into a serviceable bat.

The one hold up I imagine is that there would be some bad blood if the Braves turn around and traded him to the Brewers division rival in a playoff race.

Aquino might be a feasible trade piece for Arcia as well.
    Yeah. I'm thinking part of the value for the Reds is clearing Shogo for next year. Braves are in enough of a bind that they may take that one or at least part of it. Say the Reds could clear half of that $7 Million, that would be great IMO. Shogo is an OK dude but his contract is a write-off. I'm not sure I'd deal Aquino for the difference between Farmer and Arcia. I'd want something else too.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

Elias Sports Bureau
    @EliasSports
    The #MLB batting average this season is .240, the second-lowest ever at the All-Star Break.

The only season it was lower was in 1968. That year the BA was .233 at the break; the mound was lowered after that season to help increase offense.

Stop me if you have heard this before. Starlin Castro has been placed on administrative leave.

https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/...strative-leave
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

I wear Elly colored glass WrongVerb's Avatar

Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

Who wants a mustache ride Ohayou's Avatar

Is Mike Leake planning on pitching this year? I remember reading that he was going to sit out the start of the season, but here we are and it's mid July.
    Arise and walk, come through. A world beyond that door is calling out for you. Arise and walk, come through. It's calling out for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Ohayou View Post
    Is Mike Leake planning on pitching this year? I remember reading that he was going to sit out the start of the season, but here we are and it's mid July.
    If I had to guess, I would say that Mike Leake's career is over.
    Eric Stratton, Rush Chairman. Damn glad to meet ya.

19. Likes:

NebraskaRed (07-17-2021),Sea Ray (07-19-2021),westofyou (07-17-2021)

Turn Off Ads?