Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: I second that emotion

Re: I second that emotion

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    Kal Daniels, getting animated
    Kalvoski probably pulled a hamstring doing that.

2. Likes:

Roy Tucker (04-05-2021)

3. Turn Off Ads?
    They call me "chef"

I'm hoping Jonathan India having long hair gets the Reds on mainstream MLB's radar because I think the team has the talent & personality to hold on to the attention. With the media narrative on their side, Castellanos doesn't get ejected and suspected next time he is purposefully hit by a pitch and, who knows, maybe it gives the Reds that extra momentum to score at least 1 run in the playoffs.

5. Likes:

Quote Originally Posted by membengal View Post
    I could not agree more M2.

I still get chills and a "bleep yeah" reaction in my head from the 1990 season when Norm Charlton plowed over Mike Scioscia - the moment when I realized that Reds team was not going to be pushed around anymore in the NL West.

I had the same kinda feeling yesterday. Was glad to see them draw an early line in the sand. And then back it up again today.
    I get that emotion. However they were two different plays. The Scioscia play was a straight baseball play. A relief pitcher knocked over a guy who was known for blocking the plate in that situation. The Castellanos thing was a reaction to a play. But the emotion on both ends was great. It helped the 90 Reds. Let's see what it does for the 21 Reds.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

7. Likes:

GAC (04-06-2021)

Noticed yesterday De Leon was amped up after striking out the side to get out of a 2 runner 0 out situation after Suarez error. He was pretty pumped every strikeout after that. Keep that intensity coming fellas.
    "Today was the byproduct of us thinking we can come back from anything." - Joey Votto after blowing a 10-1 lead and holding on for the 12-11 win on 8/25/2010.

Cionel was super-amped with each strikeout as well. These are guys that were basically given away by their old teams. The intensity they are bringing to this team is palpable. Love it.

10. Likes:

Old school 1983 (04-06-2021)

I would love it if someone made a Reds poster with Charlton trucking Scioscia, Garrett throwing hands with the Pirates, Puig taking on all the Pirates, and Castellanos flexing on the Cardinals. THAT would be awesome
    Go BLUE!!!

I wear Elly colored glass WrongVerb's Avatar

Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

13. Likes:

757690 (04-06-2021),M2 (04-06-2021),membengal (04-06-2021),Mitri (04-06-2021),sdwagers (04-06-2021)

Amir knows.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

15. Likes:

membengal (04-06-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by Mitri View Post
    Cionel was super-amped with each strikeout as well. These are guys that were basically given away by their old teams. The intensity they are bringing to this team is palpable. Love it.
    I feeling really good about this pen... they can't be the Nasty Boys ... but will need a name if this persists.
    Quote Originally Posted by Will M View Post
    sdwagers for Reds GM!

Quote Originally Posted by WrongVerb View Post
    I like the Rick Flair flavor thrown into that quote! Wooooooo!

18. Likes:

Old school 1983 (04-06-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by jwdoc77 View Post
    I like the Rick Flair flavor thrown into that quote! Wooooooo!
    starts at 1:49 with kiss stealing.... etc but love his quote on Buddy Landell and spilt liquor.

Last edited by sdwagers; 04-06-2021 at 04:10 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Will M View Post
    sdwagers for Reds GM!

20. Likes:

Big Klu (04-06-2021),jwdoc77 (04-06-2021),UKFlounder (04-06-2021)

Maybe someone else has already said this, but I really loved the way Moose congratulated DeLeon yesterday when DeLeon got pulled out of the game. Great to see Moose get so fired up and congratulate the kid (who has struggled most of his career), and then to start applauding to get the crowd to applaud. I agree, Cast and Moose are good leaders.
    [Phil ] Castellini celebrated the team's farm system and noted the team had promising prospects who would one day be great Reds -- and then joke then they'd be ex-Reds, saying "of course we're going to lose them". #SellTheTeamBob

Nov. 13, 2007: One of the greatest days in Reds history: John Allen gets the boot!

22. Likes:

757690 (04-06-2021),ochoa30 (04-06-2021),Old school 1983 (04-06-2021),sdwagers (04-06-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by sdwagers View Post
    starts at 1:49 with kiss stealing.... etc but love his quote on Buddy Landell and spilt liquor.

Tony Schiavone immediately recognized that he was in the presence of greatness at that moment.
    Eric Stratton, Rush Chairman. Damn glad to meet ya.

24. Likes:

sdwagers (04-06-2021)

I’m here for it!

One of my favorite things about Winker is the passion, the waving at opposing fans in their ballpark. All about that life!

Love watching this team play right now, and it goes unsaid, but I think Bell helps cultivate that, especially when his fire when he first became manager, not backing down or anything.

Be fun and fiery Reds, all day long...

Quote Originally Posted by WrongVerb View Post
    This is tough for me. I'm old school.'

If I had the choice between cheering for Reds World Champions who either:

1. Stoicism. Act like you've been there before. When you lose say nothing, when you win, say even less. Communicate through your dominance on the field, etc.
    or
    2. Jump up and down, super excited, bat flips, slow trots to home, back flips after strikeouts, etc

I'm picking option number 1.

What I would really like is option #3 where they limit their celebrations to walk off HRs, clinching the playoffs, etc. But I know that isn't the world we live in. Have to have one extreme or the other. So yeah, I'd pick #1.
    "Lemonade requires a significant amount of sugar. Otherwise, you've just made lemon juice."

27. Likes:

Big Klu (04-06-2021),mth123 (04-06-2021)

Turn Off Ads?