Turn Off Ads?
Page 34 of 34 FirstFirst ... 243031323334

Thread: 4-5-21 Reds vs Pirates 6:40pm

Re: 4-5-21 Reds vs Pirates 6:40pm

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    31 of his career 57 strikeouts have come looking. Not ideal for a guy who primarily pinch hits, at least go down swinging. Maybe Stanford Baseball preached too much patience.
    He's still waiting for his pitch! LOL
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

2. Likes:

Tom Servo (04-06-2021)

3. Turn Off Ads?
    I wear Elly colored glass WrongVerb's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wonderful Monds View Post
    It’s been hard to recall how many winning streaks this team has had since Bell’s been at the helm, even just 3 game ones. Pretty good way to start the season after tripping up on opening day.
    2019 3-games-or-more winning streaks: 8
    2020 3-games-or-more winning streaks: 3
    Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

Moose on Castellanos - 'He has been carrying us"

https://www.cincinnati.com/story/spo..._article_thumb
    Bud Selig: "I'm the worst commissioner ever"
    Rob Manfred: "Hold my beer"

https://redsintelligence.com/smforum/index.php

6. Likes:

Ron Madden (04-06-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by JaxRed View Post

Jamie Ramsey
    @Jamieblog
    Moose gives much-deserved credit to Senzel for his hustle on the bases tonight. Happy to see Nick get that recognition on what might get overlooked.

Plus, that's the kind of leader, Moose is - paying attention to the small stuff, and making sure his teammate gets recognized.

I think Moose is the Veteran leader of this team. Votto doesn't really seem to want the job and Moose has won before. I think the move back to 3B is going to ,make him a much better all around player.

I know people don't like Suarez at SS, and the fact that it was necessary is a huge failure for this organization, but the move to 3B for Moose and India taking second are major improvements for this line-up and I think the defense. Those are two fairly strong defensive positions in the infield that had no strong defensive positions before the move. Suarez has had some bad moments, but I think given some reps, he's probably the best defensive choice for SS compared to the other guys on the roster. Only Garcia and Alf are clrearly better defenders IMO and neither are big league players at this point. All things considered, this move has really strengthened the team compared to what we thought it would be at the beginning of Spring Training. Moose being back at 3B is a huge part of that IMO.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

Quote Originally Posted by mhs95_06 View Post
    But not the command or levelheadedness.
    I bet you are wrong. Every closer starts somewhere, and there is a learning curve. I like his chances to be successful.
    Well, that's what those words mean. He was here. If they don't keep him, he will have been lost/subtracted. I headed out the door today with two shoes on my feet. If I don't return with them, I have lost them. If I do return with them, I haven't added them. ---M2

Quote Originally Posted by membengal View Post
    I bet you are wrong. Every closer starts somewhere, and there is a learning curve. I like his chances to be successful.
    I also think you need some level of delusion about your own skill to be uber successful at that position.

Quote Originally Posted by JaxRed View Post

Happens with best of them. IMO - we have enough talent, young and veteran, where someone else will (can) go on a hot tear and carry the team if, or whenever, Castellanos may cool off. And if he doesn't, and a couple others heat up, then watch out I'd say!
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Quote Originally Posted by HammerTime View Post
    I also think you need some level of delusion about your own skill to be uber successful at that position.
    For damn sure.
    Well, that's what those words mean. He was here. If they don't keep him, he will have been lost/subtracted. I headed out the door today with two shoes on my feet. If I don't return with them, I have lost them. If I do return with them, I haven't added them. ---M2

Turn Off Ads?