Turn Off Ads?
Page 46 of 67 FirstFirst ... 3642434445464748495056 ... LastLast

Thread: Covid-19 Part XII

Re: Covid-19 Part XII

Quote Originally Posted by WrongVerb View Post
    EVIDENCE FOR BIOLOGICAL AGE ACCELERATION AND TELOMERE SHORTENING IN COVID19 SURVIVORS

TL;DR: Contracting and surviving covid could shave 5 years off your life.
    But why would a healthy, young person worry about getting a cough?
    Hoping to change my username to 75769024

2. Turn Off Ads?

EVIDENCE FOR BIOLOGICAL AGE ACCELERATION AND TELOMERE SHORTENING IN COVID19 SURVIVORS

"Lemonade requires a significant amount of sugar. Otherwise, you've just made lemon juice."

Looking forward to Jax's 7 day average updates tonight. They're going to be very nice.

rest in power, king Wonderful Monds's Avatar

It’s referring to people who have long covid which isn’t that common, it’s not as if that’s happening to every single person who was infected with covid

6. Likes:

Sea Ray (05-04-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    Looking forward to Jax's 7 day average updates tonight. They're going to be very nice.
    Posted. We are on the verge of breaking thru the 50,000 a day barrier (average). Yesterday's number was the lowest since September. But vaccinations are off almost a million a day from their high.
    Bud Selig: "I'm the worst commissioner ever"
    Rob Manfred: "Hold my beer"

https://redsintelligence.com/smforum/index.php

Hopefully, the FDA will approve the Phizer today for 12-15 year olds, which will increase the number of vaccinations given. Clearly, vaccinations are the way out of the pandemic.

9. Likes:

757690 (05-04-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by JaxRed View Post
    Posted. We are on the verge of breaking thru the 50,000 a day barrier (average). Yesterday's number was the lowest since September. But vaccinations are off almost a million a day from their high.
    Gets tougher now. We have to beat 52,046 on a Tuesday.

So from what I have read, and please correct me if I am wrong, vaccinated people cannot spread the virus. Most recent health journals seem to be saying this. The older ones aren't sure. But this does seem to be the general consensus now at least as far as I have read. Again, I would welcome additional information.

Who should we be catering to at this point? Kids, of course. We need to keep them safe until a vaccine can be vetted for them too.

But what about events where no kids are present. Bars after 10 for example. Who can spread it there? Unvaccinated people. At this point, at least in Cincinnati, if you want a vaccine you can get one. You don't even need an appointment. Come right in. I realize not everyone can make it to a vaccination center. But if you can make it to a bar or someplace similar, you can make it to a vaccination center.

So in my late night bar example, who can spread it at this point, and who can they spread it to? Unvaccinated adults that choose not to get vaccinated.

Why are we still catering to these people? At this point, shouldn't it be, if adults only, then the masks come off and no need for social distancing?
    Last edited by Bob Sheed; 05-04-2021 at 01:13 PM.
    "Lemonade requires a significant amount of sugar. Otherwise, you've just made lemon juice."

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Sheed View Post
    So from what I have read, and please correct me if I am wrong, vaccinated people cannot spread the virus. Most recent health journals seem to be saying this. The older ones aren't sure. But this does seem to be the general consensus now at least as far as I have read. Again, I would welcome additional information.

Who should we be catering to at this point? Kids, of course. We need to keep them safe until a vaccine can be vetted for them too.

But what about events where no kids are present. Bars after 10 for example. Who can spread it there? Unvaccinated people. At this point, at least in Cincinnati, if you want a vaccine you can get one. You don't even need an appointment. Come right in. I realize not everyone can make it to a vaccination center. But if you can make it to a bar or someplace similar, you can make it to a vaccination center.

So in my late night bar example, who can spread it at this point, and who can they spread it to? Unvaccinated adults that choose not to get vaccinated.

Why are we still catering to these people? At this point, shouldn't it be, if adults only, then the masks come off and no need for social distancing?
    You are correct on all points. "Further research is needed" but to this point studies have shown that vaccinated people very, very rarely spread the virus. It's time to open back up. Enough with the masks. Let's get back 100% to normal and let people decide for themselves what chances they choose to take. DeWine has been waay too slow to knock down these barriers. He knows as well as anyone that he'll lose his power to do so come June 22nd so they're coming down by then at the latest. I have opinions on DeWine but you'll have to go to the Political section to read them.

I wear Elly colored glass WrongVerb's Avatar

FDA to authorize Pfizer's Covid-19 vaccine for 12-to-15-year-olds by early next week, official says

The US Food and Drug Administration is poised to authorize Pfizer/BioNTech's coronavirus vaccine in children and teens ages 12 to 15 by early next week, a federal government official tells CNN.

Pfizer has applied for emergency use authorization for its coronavirus vaccine for teens and children ages 12 to 15. The FDA will have to amend the emergency use authorization for the vaccine, but the process should be straightforward, said the official, who was not authorized to speak about the process publicly and requested anonymity.

The FDA is currently reviewing data submitted by Pfizer to support the extended use. Pfizer said at the end of March that a clinical trial involving 2,260 12-to-15-year-olds showed its efficacy is 100% and it is well tolerated. The vaccine is currently authorized in the US for emergency use in people 16 and older.
    Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    You are correct on all points. "Further research is needed" but to this point studies have shown that vaccinated people very, very rarely spread the virus. It's time to open back up. Enough with the masks. Let's get back 100% to normal and let people decide for themselves what chances they choose to take. DeWine has been waay too slow to knock down these barriers. He knows as well as anyone that he'll lose his power to do so come June 22nd so they're coming down by then at the latest. I have opinions on DeWine but you'll have to go to the Political section to read them.
    What % of Americans are 2 weeks out from their 2nd shot right now? I know I’m not and I registered for the vaccine literally seconds after it opened up for my age group.
    What would you say.....ya do here?

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    What % of Americans are 2 weeks out from their 2nd shot right now? I know I’m not and I registered for the vaccine literally seconds after it opened up for my age group.
    I don't know that number but why does it matter? If you don't feel that you're protected then maybe you should wait before going to a restaurant/bar or a Reds game. I did. I waited until I was fully vaccinated before going to a craft beer bar. But don't hold back the rest of us

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    I don't know that number but why does it matter? If you don't feel that you're protected then maybe you should wait before going to a restaurant/bar or a Reds game. I did. I waited until I was fully vaccinated before going to a craft beer bar. But don't hold back the rest of us
    Ah, so basically it just comes down to your personal sense of entitlement. I simply asked a question. You could have just said “I don’t know.” I am simply pointing out that even though anyone can get a vaccine that wants one now, that doesn’t mean everyone who wants one is fully vaccinated yet.
    What would you say.....ya do here?

Los Angeles County is down to 3.2 cases per 100,000 with a test positivity rate of 0.8%. This with "only" 47.8% of the population with one dose.

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    Ah, so basically it just comes down to your personal sense of entitlement. I simply asked a question. You could have just said “I don’t know.” I am simply pointing out that even though anyone can get a vaccine that wants one now, that doesn’t mean everyone who wants one is fully vaccinated yet.
    It's not about a sense of entitlement. It's about personal responsibility. You do what's right for your health and I'll do what's right for mine but let's keep gov't out of it. States like FL and TX have kept gov't out of it and they're doing just fine

Turn Off Ads?