Turn Off Ads?
Page 25 of 67 FirstFirst ... 1521222324252627282935 ... LastLast

Thread: Covid-19 Part XII

Re: Covid-19 Part XII

Quote Originally Posted by Redsfaithful View Post
    I don't know about that. I mean, I agree with you that we aren't there right now for sure (statewide at least), but I think we might be closer than you think to that kind of availability. I think we're there now in a lot of rural areas, for various reasons.
    Most rural areas the per capita vaccination rate is less than most urban areas right now.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/least-vac...140652992.html

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Kinsm View Post
    Most rural areas the per capita vaccination rate is less than most urban areas right now.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/least-vac...140652992.html
    Sure, but this is telling: "But in more rural — and more Republican — areas, health officials said that supply is far exceeding demand."

At this point, if someone isn't getting a vaccine, they aren't trying. At some point, we just have to say they are on their own.

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    i honestly don't know where you folks are getting this information. In addition to the Hamilton County walkin clinics that I linked earlier, there's a whole list of them here:

https://coronavirus.ohio.gov/wps/por...nation-clinics

Without even clicking on any of those links I see they have walkin clinics in Crawford County, Hardin County, Logan County, Marion County and Union County in addition to Cleveland and Dayton

Columbus seems to be slow to get its walk-in clinics going but if you look hard enough you can find it. Here's one:

http://franklinton.org/?event-item=f...vaccine-clinic

Folks we need people to know that there are walkin options all over the state. Please don't give the impression that we don't have them.
    And even without walk in clinics, there are Kroger and Walgreens everywhere that are taking appointments. We need to get this done now, no excuses

5. Likes:

Sea Ray (04-18-2021)

Jax' vaccine thread gives us daily updates on vaccine numbers. It looks like our 7 day avg peaked about 5 days ago. It's possible that fewer and fewer people are desiring to get the vaccine already and it's never been easier to get

Fauci says J&J vaccine will be back (probably with a restriction) sometime this week. I agree with him on that

https://www.newsmax.com/us/fauci-vac...18/id/1018046/

We'll see if anyone wants it

The J&J deal is probably pulling numbers down for now. I know some people who had appointments cancelled because of it.

i honestly don't know where you folks are getting this information.
    I haven't looked since the beginning of the month when I scheduled mine - it's great that you can walk-in many places now.

I'm ready to put this all behind us.
    Turning and turning in the widening gyre
    The falcon cannot hear the falconer;

I haven't looked since the beginning of the month when I scheduled mine - it's great that you can walk-in many places now.

Exactly. I'll add one more thing, more and more you don't even have to be a resident of the county to get vaccinated.

Me too.

Of course, that depends on people getting the vaccinations. And because of politics, many will choose not to, thereby delaying our ability to put this all behind us. Which will make those people even more obstinate.

It's a vicious circle of ignorance.

Most of us can put it 95% behind us once everyone who wants a vaccine can get one. I feel bad for people who are not medically able to get a vaccine, but society can't stop for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    Most of us can put it 95% behind us once everyone who wants a vaccine can get one. I feel bad for people who are not medically able to get a vaccine, but society can't stop for them.
    Is this like
    Baseball is 90% mental and the other half is physical.
    ?

I'm 95% over it already. In areas I can control I'm totally over it. I never liked hanging in places where people were w/i 6 ft of me anyway

I never liked hanging in places where people were w/i 6 ft of me anyway
    I wouldn't say never....but at my age that's generally true now. I'd like to go to a baseball or football game and sit 8 inches from a stranger, though.

Just read another tweet thread with people losing their minds about the idea of people NOT wearing masks outside. Do you guys regularly see people wearing masks when walking around outside where you live? I've maybe seen 10 people walking around outside with masks TOTAL during the entire pandemic (outside of my time in Vegas, which is pretty different than your average street). Again, I feel like I'm on a different planet than other people when I read the Tweeter sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    Just read another tweet thread with people losing their minds about the idea of people NOT wearing masks outside. Do you guys regularly see people wearing masks when walking around outside where you live? I've maybe seen 10 people walking around outside with masks TOTAL during the entire pandemic (outside of my time in Vegas, which is pretty different than your average street). Again, I feel like I'm on a different planet than other people when I read the Tweeter sometimes.
    When I’m downtown yes most people wear masks outside too, probably 80%. Otherwise not too much, although I do see older people wearing them on a walking trail I use sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    When I’m downtown yes most people wear masks outside too, probably 80%. Otherwise not too much, although I do see older people wearing them on a walking trail I use sometimes.
    Here in Lakewood I usually only see people wearing masks on the main streets and at playgrounds outside.
    What would you say.....ya do here?

Turn Off Ads?