Turn Off Ads?
Page 17 of 67 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819202127 ... LastLast

Thread: Covid-19 Part XII

Re: Covid-19 Part XII

Quote Originally Posted by Bourgeois Zee View Post
    Of course you would think this. You don't want the Deplorables stigmatized because you are one. You support the overt politicization of vaccines for the gain of the conservative party.

If these people are stigmatized for anti-vaxxer illogic, you lose a rather sizeable base with which to *own the libs*.
    I don't consider anyone a Deplorable, even you.

Enjoy your weekend.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    I don't consider anyone a Deplorable, even you.

Enjoy your weekend.
    Well, I do.

If you don't, I suspect you're not paying attention.

Pedophiles, rapists, and racists are deplorable. So are Nazis.

People who use their office, money, or power to entice young women into having sex with them and supply them with drugs are pretty low on my list, particularly when they're old enough to be those girls fathers. So are those who would lie repeatedly or ignore truth about science that might help save lives just so they can wield their power. Guys who look the other way and allow molestation to occur? I'm fine with saying they're deplorable too.

It's funny, though. You see nothing wrong with those fine fellows, but your first inclination ("even you") is to insult me.

I think we need less "Deplorables" rhetoric and we ought to let everyone have the freedom to decide for themselves what to inject into their body. I will never litmus test my parties to see who's been vaccinated and who hasn't. Each individual can decide for themselves whether they want to attend
    I'm assuming you also believe that freedom extends to what women decide to do with their bodies and who people choose to sleep with and marry.
    "In our sundown perambulations of late, through the outer parts of Brooklyn, we have observed several parties of youngsters playing 'base', a certain game of ball. Let us go forth awhile, and get better air in our lungs. Let us leave our close rooms, the game of ball is glorious"
    -Walt Whitman

I am in no way responsible for my neighbor's health. I got my hands full taking care of my own health. This is where you're mistaken
    What a dumb thing to say.

Is a portion of your taxes used to help pay for school lunches to promote the health and well-being of your neighborhood's children?

Do you stop at stop signs?

Does your toilet drain into your town's septic system or do you just pump it into your neighbors yard?

All are examples of how you're responsible for your neighbors' health.

You don't care about others. We get it. It's been your running theme. 566,000 people dead from Covid and it's like you think that they all just infected themselves.
    "The problem with strikeouts isn't that they hurt your team, it's that they hurt your feelings..." --Rob Neyer

"The single most important thing for a hitter is to get a good pitch to hit. A good hitter can hit a pitch that’s over the plate three times better than a great hitter with a ball in a tough spot.”
    --Ted Williams

6. Likes:

Redsfaithful (04-17-2021)

I think we need less "Deplorables" rhetoric and we ought to let everyone have the freedom to decide for themselves what to inject into their body. I will never litmus test my parties to see who's been vaccinated and who hasn't. Each individual can decide for themselves whether they want to attend
    Where did I say they shouldn't decide for themselves? Where did I say that they should be vaccinated against their will? They can do absolutely whatever they want, I don't care. But when others look at them like weirdos and don't want to be around them, they have to accept that too.

And I never litmus tested anyone. They volunteered the information themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Reds Freak View Post
    I'm assuming you also believe that freedom extends to what women decide to do with their bodies and who people choose to sleep with and marry.
    You assume correct and that's a good analogy. Gov't should not be telling women what to do with their bodies. I agree with Barry Goldwater on that. How 'bout you? Are you consistent on those issues?

Putting people in the Jenny Mccarthy category because they are skeptical of the covid vaccine seems pretty silly to me.

So does all the blind faith in it. As if we've never been wrong about things like this. As if there have never been blind spots, or unforseen consequences.

Reminds me of Trumper blind faith, honestly.
    "Lemonade requires a significant amount of sugar. Otherwise, you've just made lemon juice."

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Sheed View Post
    Putting people in the Jenny Mccarthy category because they are skeptical of the covid vaccine seems pretty silly to me.

So does all the blind faith in it. As if we've never been wrong about things like this. As if there have never been blind spots, or unforseen consequences.

Reminds me of Trumper blind faith, honestly.
    I guess you missed the part about where I could at least understand them if they had a reasonable argument. But when they say the don't want it because it was never approved by the FDA or because it changes your DNA, I stop listening. They are right in there with the Jenny McCarthy mob.

I obviously am not one who's worried about long term side effects but yeah, lots of vaccines have had long term side effects. Here's an article written long before we ever heard about Covid-19:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1114674/
    That’s an article from an anti vax person.

The answer to my question is no.

Quote Originally Posted by SteelSD View Post
    What a dumb thing to say.

Is a portion of your taxes used to help pay for school lunches to promote the health and well-being of your neighborhood's children?

Do you stop at stop signs?

Does your toilet drain into your town's septic system or do you just pump it into your neighbors yard?

All are examples of how you're responsible for your neighbors' health.

You don't care about others. We get it. It's been your running theme. 566,000 people dead from Covid and it's like you think that they all just infected themselves.
    Those are pretty silly examples. Tax dollars do go to the general welfare of the country. I'm responsible for my own sewage. I have no right to infringe on my neighbor's property.

As for the vaccine, I am a big believer in it. That's why I was one of the first in line to get it.

Quote Originally Posted by BernieCarbo View Post
    I guess you missed the part about where I could at least understand them if they had a reasonable argument. But when they say the don't want it because it was never approved by the FDA or because it changes your DNA, I stop listening. They are right in there with the Jenny McCarthy mob.
    Well it isn''t approved by the FDA. When I got my 1st pfizer shot, the info packet they gave me was very clear about that, and the fact that they also had no liability if something went wrong.
    "Lemonade requires a significant amount of sugar. Otherwise, you've just made lemon juice."

You assume correct and that's a good analogy. Gov't should not be telling women what to do with their bodies. I agree with Barry Goldwater on that. How 'bout you? Are you consistent on those issues?
    Interesting, thanks for the response. I'm guessing you wouldn't have a ton of company in that consistency amongst your fellow conservatives.

I feel I'm consistent on this as well. I don't think the government should be mandating a vaccine, although I think it should be strongly encouraging folks to get them so we can get past our current state of affairs.
    "In our sundown perambulations of late, through the outer parts of Brooklyn, we have observed several parties of youngsters playing 'base', a certain game of ball. Let us go forth awhile, and get better air in our lungs. Let us leave our close rooms, the game of ball is glorious"
    -Walt Whitman

I wear Elly colored glass WrongVerb's Avatar

Worldwide COVID-19 death toll tops a staggering 3 million

The global death toll from the coronavirus topped a staggering 3 million people Saturday amid repeated setbacks in the worldwide vaccination campaign and a deepening crisis in places such as Brazil, India and France.

The number of lives lost, as compiled by Johns Hopkins University, is about equal to the population of Kyiv, Ukraine; Caracas, Venezuela; or metropolitan Lisbon, Portugal. It is bigger than Chicago (2.7 million) and equivalent to Philadelphia and Dallas combined.

And the true number is believed to be significantly higher because of possible government concealment and the many cases overlooked in the early stages of the outbreak that began in Wuhan, China, at the end of 2019.
    Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    That’s an article from an anti vax person.

The answer to my question is no.
    Anti-vax people are entitled to their opinions too

As for this vaccine, there is no history to compare it to. Never have we produced one so quickly...and it is not yet fully approved by the FDA. More homework for you:

https://www.cnn.com/2020/09/01/healt...ory/index.html

I'm a big advocate for this vaccine but even I don't share your confidence that there's no chance of future effects from it.

Quote Originally Posted by Reds Freak View Post
    Interesting, thanks for the response. I'm guessing you wouldn't have a ton of company in that consistency amongst your fellow conservatives.

I feel I'm consistent on this as well. I don't think the government should be mandating a vaccine, although I think it should be strongly encouraging folks to get them so we can get past our current state of affairs.
    You and I are on the same page

Turn Off Ads?