Turn Off Ads?
Page 20 of 67 FirstFirst ... 1016171819202122232430 ... LastLast

Thread: Covid-19 Part XII

Re: Covid-19 Part XII

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Sheed View Post
    Of all the things that puzzle me about the far left, blind faith in government has always topped the list.

"No chance..."

He really thinks that too. Many others feel the same. Like I said, it reminds me of cult of personality Trumpers or evangelical Christians. Trust to the point of creepiness where there isn't even the desire to verify anything anymore.

"No chance" he says...
    There’s a chance I could get struck by lightning on a sunny day. Same chance here.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by BernieCarbo View Post
    I've never brought up anything about out in public, and I never suggested that the vaccine be required, although many institutions will eventually, just as they do for other vaccines.
    Once it's properly vetted, I'm good with requiring it in places like schools where other vetted vaccinations are required.

Bars and restaurants, etc trying to push things like covid passports can go pound sand though.
    "Lemonade requires a significant amount of sugar. Otherwise, you've just made lemon juice."

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    There’s a chance I could get struck by lightning on a sunny day. Same chance here.
    Imagine truly believing this...

And do your own research. It shouldn't even take you that long, and you may find it to be a wonderful alternative to blind faith.
    "Lemonade requires a significant amount of sugar. Otherwise, you've just made lemon juice."

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    Once I got my shot I care almost none what everyone else did. I didn't care much before i got the shot. But also, to each their own. When i asked, i was just curious. I don't really personally care if people want to exclude non-vaxxed folx from their personal gatherings. I obviously don't agree or I'd be doing the same (and won't), but I think it's (mostly) an interesting discussion anyway.
    I agree, and I didn't care then and I don't care now about myself. But it isn't all about me. My best friend is coming over tonight along with others, and he is 80 and in good health. His wife is 74 and has had respiratory ailments for years, and they have literally not left the house for a year except to see the doctor. They have now both been vaccinated, and are ecstatic to get out again (he is big in the music scene), but are still cautious. The last thing I need is some anti-vax nutjob lecturing them in my house.

Imagine truly believing this...

And do your own research. It shouldn't even take you that long, and you may find it to be a wonderful alternative to blind faith.
    I have done a tremendous amount of research Bob. I don’t have blind faith, I have a educated opinion. You have a contrarian both sides have a point view as usual.

Find me one example Bob. If you’re right it shouldn’t be that hard or take that long as you say. Find it and we will discuss.

I agree, and I didn't care then and I don't care now about myself. But it isn't all about me. My best friend is coming over tonight along with others, and he is 80 and in good health. His wife is 74 and has had respiratory ailments for years, and they have literally not left the house for a year except to see the doctor. They have now both been vaccinated, and are ecstatic to get out again (he is big in the music scene), but are still cautious. The last thing I need is some anti-vax nutjob lecturing them in my house.
    Again, Jenny Mccarthy does not equal skepticism of the covid vaccine getting process.

But in your house, your rules.

Once it's properly vetted, I'm good with requiring it in places like schools where other vetted vaccinations are required.

Bars and restaurants, etc trying to push things like covid passports can go pound sand though.
    Bars and restaurants are not pushing that, and there will not be covid passports required. It's a nonstarter. There will be enough places that don't require them that the whole idea would be abandoned.

Airlines? Sure, I can see that because they can do pretty much whatever they want anyway. But to show my medical records to buy a pizza? F that.

I have done a tremendous amount of research Bob. I don’t have blind faith, I have a educated opinion. You have a contrarian both sides have a point view as usual.

Find me one example Bob. If you’re right it shouldn’t be that hard or take that long as you say. Find it and we will discuss.
    One example of the government being dead wrong and the results being birth defects, death, etc?

Just one?

How about the blood clots in women from JandJ?

Did they see that coming?

No they did not.

It's so easy proving you wrong here, it almost feels like punching down.

Blind faith is no way to go through life. I'll leave it at that.

Again, Jenny Mccarthy does not equal skepticism of the covid vaccine getting process.
    It does when they use crazy ideas like that it changes their DNA.

11. Likes:

Bob Sheed (04-17-2021)

One example of the government being dead wrong and the results being birth defects, death, etc?

Just one?

How about the blood clots in women from JandJ?

Did they see that coming?

No they did not.

It's so easy proving you wrong here, it almost feels like punching down.

Blind faith is no way to go through life. I'll leave it at that.
    Yes you still haven’t provided an example.

I want you to give me any approved vaccines with widespread health impacts. There are side effects to every single drug, vaccines included. Widespread from an approved or EUA vaccine, that’s the question. Not from a trial or a messed up medical experiment on black people or anything like that. Went through the process and 2 or 5 or 10 years later we had a lot of health problems.

I’ve already addressed the JNJ thing in this thread.

You can’t answer me because I know what I’m talking about and you don’t. I’ll leave it at that.

Quote Originally Posted by SteelSD View Post
    No quote? No surprise there.

You're twisting pretty hard now. I too believe that everyone should be able to decide if they want to be vaccinated. Where we differ appears to be that you don't seem to believe that there should be consequences for not doing so. You did, after all, attempt to chastise Bernie for "stigmatizing" his anti-vaxxer neighbor. In doing so, you contradicted your "personal choice for all" theme pretty severely. A logically consistent response from you would have been either silence (preferable) or to support Bernie's decision without qualification.

As for your reasons to be vaccinated, I'd be more apt to believe you if you said "I got vaccinated because otherwise the shopping center wouldn't let me hawk ragweed pills to the mallwalkers." than I do "...best for everyone".

You constant mantra has been to only do what's best for you. Again, we get it. Still deplorable.
    My preference is that we don't stigmatize people based upon their choice of vaccination. You strongly disagree. That doesn't surprise me. That's why I wouldn't want to be you

I want you to give me any approved vaccines with widespread health impacts. There are side effects to every single drug, vaccines included. Widespread from an approved or EUA vaccine, that’s the question. Not from a trial or a messed up medical experiment on black people or anything like that. Went through the process and 2 or 5 or 10 years later we had a lot of health problems.

You can’t answer me because I know what I’m talking about and you don’t. I’ll leave it at that.
    First of all, these vaccines are not FDA approved. Nor have they been around long enough for any long term understanding of potential side effects. But you know that already.

I want to remind you that your premise here is you have a greater chance of being struck by lightning on a sunny day, than having any unintended problems from the vaccine. And JandJ just proved you wrong last week!

If you are moving the goal posts by sneaking in words like "widespread", I'm not playing that game. It's irrelevant anyway, because again, none of these vaccinations are FDA approved. They are "emergency approved and you can't sue us if something goes horribly wrong."

And again, I'm good with that in this particular circumstance, because a) I like the odds, and b) I still believe we're in this together and it's the fastest way to achieve herd immunity.

But your whole absolute "nothing could possibly go wrong" stance that you keep digging your heels into, sounds like a cliche line in a sci-fi-horror movie, right before something goes wrong. It's reminds me of Trumpers and Evangelical Christians. "Almost positive", is something I can agree on. But you are off the rails here...

I've never brought up anything about out in public, and I never suggested that the vaccine be required, although many institutions will eventually, just as they do for other vaccines.
    Going back to your post on your party...I disagree with everything your anti-vax acquaintance said except for one thing: You are discriminating against this person if indeed she'd otherwise been invited except for her vax stance. Like I said, nothing wrong with discrimination when it comes to picking your friends.

I personally know people who are "waiting" re: the vax. I will still invite them to my beer tastings because I think that's their personal decision. I'll also add that if I did (not invite them) , it'd cause a rift that would likely last long beyond C19. I don't know if you care about friendly relations with this gal but I hope that rift doesn't happen for both your sakes 'cause friends are hard to come by

I think a better way to approach this is to look at what the FDA said when they gave emergency approval of these vaccines.

They said that there may be some long term effects, but based on what they know about these vaccines, and the history of the elements and procedures used in them, any long term effects that may occur will not be worse than the effects of a person not getting the vaccine during the pandemic.

In other words, even if there are long term effects, they will less dangerous than not taking the vaccine. So the decision is an easy one. It would be illogical to not take the vaccine over fears of long term effects.

And they did not make this determination easily or lightly. It was why it took so long to get emergency approval. Remember when everyone was complaining that the approval process took too long? This is why.
    Hoping to change my username to 75769023

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    My preference is that we don't stigmatize people based upon their choice of vaccination. You strongly disagree. That doesn't surprise me. That's why I wouldn't want to be you
    Robert Kennedy was just banned from Instagram for his crazy antivax ideas. Luckily there are some sane people who don't believe everyone has a right to their own opinion and shouldn't be stigmatized.

Turn Off Ads?