Turn Off Ads?
Page 40 of 67 FirstFirst ... 3036373839404142434450 ... LastLast

Thread: Covid-19 Part XII

Re: Covid-19 Part XII

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    No
    Five people at one of my customers tested positive and they were all wearing masks. They caught it because they were in the same room, which wasn't even that small.

2. Turn Off Ads?

More evidence that C19 started in a lab in China:

https://sharylattkisson.com/2021/04/...id-19s-origin/

Jamie Metzl who served under Sen Joe Biden and Pres Bill Clinton among others:

Metzl: “Many of these people are afraid to step forward. They've called it career suicide, because there are so many contentious issues, because the stakes are so high. Because the Chinese government, in collaboration, or conjunction, or maybe not even association, but with some very high-level and prominent scientists have put forward this story that I think is wrong.”

Two scientists with knowledge of the matter told me the U.S. government conducted genome sequencing almost immediately in the pandemic. Among other things, they say Covid-19 shows clear hallmarks of man’s intervention
    This is a long article and it's well sourced. Why don't we have the smoking gun? Because China wasn't giving it up:

Genetic analysis alone isn’t 100% conclusive, because results must be compared to viruses from the Wuhan lab. And sources confirm: “We never got the sample from China.”

But scientists who spoke with me say genome sequencing, coupled with what’s known about research conducted by a U.S.-Chinese partnership, leaves them with little doubt that Covid-19 is a product of experiments.

The scientists I talked to don’t want to be quoted by name for fear of repercussions in today’s politically-charged environment. They're highly critical that a U.S. research collaboration was allowed with China— a communist nation that has an active bioweapons program and, is arguably, our biggest world competitor and foe.

Potential Lunch Winner Dom Heffner's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    More evidence that C19 started in a lab in China:

https://sharylattkisson.com/2021/04/...id-19s-origin/

Jamie Metzl who served under Sen Joe Biden and Pres Bill Clinton among others:

This is a long article and it's well sourced. Why don't we have the smoking gun? Because China wasn't giving it up:
    This is not evidence it came from a lab. There is zero evidence of this.

Most scientists say it's pretty unlikely. Im open minded but this doesn't move the needle.

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    The false things the gov't has told us about this virus from the get go is too numerous to list. Remember when the beaches were closed? There's nothing safer than hanging out on a beach where the UV light is shining, people are taking in Vit D and the breeze is blowing. That was insanity. The beach was exactly where people should be.

We have study after study telling us how amazingly effective these vaccines are and how people are NOt transmitting the virus yet our gov't still isn't saying that vaccinated people can go to Frisch's yet. At a Reds game where every 4 seats are blocked off, there's no reason whatsoever to wear a mask while seated.

When it comes to global warming, the gov't lovers scream follow the science. Well why aren't they also telling the CDC to follow the science? The science hasn't supported all sorts of things they're telling us to do. Aside from causing people to tune them out, another consequence of this is that people are not encouraged to get vaccinated. If their only benefits are to hug your loved ones and hang outside with a small number of friends, people say, what's the point?

There is very little if any reason for vaccinated people to wear a mask anywhere
    I personally believe that being outdoors is safe, and have been operating on that belief since last May. Now I do believe certain precautions still need to be taken, I am not going to get up on someone's face, I am not going to go to an very crowded outdoor event. But for the most part the data backed up that outdoors was safe, and the CDC is finally moving.

You like to bring up a bunch of stuff that happened at the start of the pandemic as evidence that somehow the government failed. The beaches that were closed happened very early on in the pandemic where only minimal information was available. We "thought" a lot of things were ok, but we were basing that off of other seasonal illnesses. Its tough making decisions based upon real time data, and these public officials should skew towards the conservative.

Personally I don't think vaccinated people need to wear a mask around other people. So far the limited data says that vaccinated people aren't carrying the disease and spreading it. I am fine wearing a mask indoors in public until more data becomes available. I have felt for a while now that the country would really open up on Memorial Day and then come Labor Day we will see something that looks more like 2019.

Future Fame of Holler WildcatFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BernieCarbo View Post
    Because they whiffed early and had to walk back a bunch of stuff. And now I've been just told that we cant listen to non-government scientists because their conclusions are "proprietary". Even if that were true, I can't find a single government study that shows the risk of walking down a sidewalk without wearing a mask. Please, I want to see that data.

But, I thought they had top scientists that knew the risks through research? They don't? There was some local research done on the recent dora opening in cincy that Dewine freaked out about, and there was no evidence that anyone was infected. Oh, wait, because the feds didn't do the research, we have to settle for that its safe to sit outside with my family without a mask if we are fully vaccinated.

Fwiw, I've never whined about a mask, but they are not 100% effective. The scientists that did the evaluation at my customer recommended that all cubicles be closed and to move desks to the open areas because a fair amount of the virus just goes through the mask, as another customer of mine found out. And I don't know what kind of work you do or if you work at home, but tell workers in a 100 degree plant that they have another summer of wearing masks because a bunch of slack jawed hillbillies won't get a shot. It isn't so easy for a lot of us to get used to them.

Plus, masks are optional anyway. Kroger doesn't care anymore, and maybe two out of twenty people at the local Speedway was wearing one today.

And we are at a point now where everyone who wants a vaccine can get one right now, but half the population is saying no.
    FWIW I agree with most of this.

Except "slack jawed hillbillies." That phrase sucks and is gross.
    "I never argue with people who say baseball is boring, because baseball is boring. And then, suddenly, it isn't. And that's what makes it great." - Joe Posnanski

Potential Lunch Winner Dom Heffner's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BernieCarbo View Post
    Five people at one of my customers tested positive and they were all wearing masks. They caught it because they were in the same room, which wasn't even that small.
    We'll learn so much more over the years. This is going to be a fluid thing-

A year ago Sea Ray was saying due to his work he knew about contagious diseases and that staying 6 feet apart was important.

Now it's "theater."

The thing is- we will get a better grasp as this goes on, Im sure we all have thought incorrect things based on the countless
    opinions being tossed at us nonstop.

I like this simple rule I read somewhere. Pick two right now: mask, outdoors, social distancing.
    "In our sundown perambulations of late, through the outer parts of Brooklyn, we have observed several parties of youngsters playing 'base', a certain game of ball. Let us go forth awhile, and get better air in our lungs. Let us leave our close rooms, the game of ball is glorious"
    -Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by WildcatFan View Post
    FWIW I agree with most of this.

Except "slack jawed hillbillies." That phrase sucks and is gross.
    Well, that's who you see at Kroger walking around who claim that Covid never even existed. It's almost always the same type.

Quote Originally Posted by Reds Freak View Post
    I like this simple rule I read somewhere. Pick two right now: mask, outdoors, social distancing.
    If you add vaccine to the list, i think it works.

Crazy how much better I feel today. A little sore but way better. Can’t wait to go to Reds/Indians in Cleveland 2 week from now!
    What would you say.....ya do here?

12. Likes:

BuckeyeRed27 (04-28-2021),Dom Heffner (04-28-2021),redhawkfish (04-28-2021),WildcatFan (04-28-2021)

The CDC hasn’t been wrong or sketchy, they’ve just been extra cautious, which has always been the case.

I explained a few times now my experience with doctors, that they always give me advice that is extra cautious, mostly because they assume that I won’t follow it exactly, and be a bit more careless. They always assume that people won’t follow their advice rigorously. If I need to stop using my right arm for 3-5 days, they tell me a week to 10 days.

I am guessing that this is what the CDC has been doing all along. They assume that we, as part of normal human behavior, will not follow their recommendations perfectly, so they make them as cautious as possible. That explains basically all of the decisions that people here say they “whiffed” on.

This is frustrating to those who do follow recommendations and rules perfectly, so I understand the frustration. But none of what the CDC has recommended has been wrong, just extra cautious, so following it strictly shouldn’t cause any harm to you. It’s not like they are telling us that we should wear masks, and wearing masks is actually more dangerous than not wearing masks.
    Hoping to change my username to 75769024

14. Likes:

WrongVerb (04-28-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by Dom Heffner View Post
    We'll learn so much more over the years. This is going to be a fluid thing-

A year ago Sea Ray was saying due to his work he knew about contagious diseases and that staying 6 feet apart was important.

Now it's "theater."

The thing is- we will get a better grasp as this goes on, Im sure we all have thought incorrect things based on the countless
    opinions being tossed at us nonstop.
    Sure, I agree with all of that. The experts my customer hired to allow them to get back to work said that distancing was more important than anything, that surfaces in places like break rooms should get attention but large common areas not so much, and that masks in conference rooms during meetings were necessary. The masks in large common areas were technically not necessary, but enforcing it everywhere encouraged good practices. As a result, they have had zero cases despite 2000 people going in and out of the plant every day.

My sole point before was that the CDC is not the be all end all because they can only provide a very high level recommendation that covers everything from a crowded theater to walking a trail in Yosemite. It was kind of insulting to even suggest that the numerous scientists who stepped in to help businesses survive are just internet bloggers that have an agenda.

Quote Originally Posted by 757690 View Post
    The CDC hasn’t been wrong or sketchy, they’ve just been extra cautious, which has always been the case.

I explained a few times now my experience with doctors, that they always give me advice that is extra cautious, mostly because they assume that I won’t follow it exactly, and be a bit more careless. They always assume that people won’t follow their advice rigorously. If I need to stop using my right arm for 3-5 days, they tell me a week to 10 days.

I am guessing that this is what the CDC has been doing all along. They assume that we, as part of normal human behavior, will not follow their recommendations perfectly, so they make them as cautious as possible. That explains basically all of the decisions that people here say they “whiffed” on.

This is frustrating to those who do follow recommendations and rules perfectly, so I understand the frustration. But none of what the CDC has recommended has been wrong, just extra cautious, so following it strictly shouldn’t cause any harm to you. It’s not like they are telling us that we should wear masks, and wearing masks is actually more dangerous than not wearing masks.
    Following that approach tends to make the CDC irrelevant. It's incredibly unhelpful.

Following that approach tends to make the CDC irrelevant. It's incredibly unhelpful.
    Its why experts on the outside are important as well. Off the record Fauci will probably tell a complete different story than on the record.

But I am with 757690 on this one. They HAVE to be more cautious than less. If you are more cautious and its overkill, fine. If you are less cautious and its wrong, people will die.

The CDC is making recommendations for the the entire country. And remember these are just recommendations. They are incredibly helpful to doctors, hospitals, local officials, political leaders, who then must make decisions that best fit their patients and constituents. That is who they are aimed at.

If you pay attention to the CDC, the first and last thing they always say is to check with your personal doctors for their advice to you and to follow that.

I agree that we shouldn’t take the CDC recommendations as dogma, but they have never meant to be that.
    Hoping to change my username to 75769024

Turn Off Ads?