Turn Off Ads?
Page 58 of 67 FirstFirst ... 848545556575859606162 ... LastLast

Thread: Covid-19 Part XII

Re: Covid-19 Part XII

Quote Originally Posted by WrongVerb View Post
    I didn't call anyone a jerk. I expect everyone here has their good and bad aspects to their personalities. It's just I find it dismaying when people have attached themselves to the very bad ideas (like masks don't prevent the virus from spreading) that are victimizing them.
    And who has that particular idea on this thread?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by 757690 View Post
    I mean, if CNN is not a top source, I am not sure what is.
    Dude.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    Dude.
    Point to where CNN has provided incorrect information on this pandemic.
    Hoping to change my username to 75769023

I wear Elly colored glass WrongVerb's Avatar

Should have used zerohedge or newsmax instead. Those are MUCH more reliable.
    Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

Here's the bottom line on all of this: I honestly did not know it was even controversial to say that Fauci was intentionally misleading people about the need to wear masks early on. It's a pretty mainstream view. Whether or not he ACTUALLY intended to mislead anyone or not, the perception out there is generally that he did. Some think it was okay that he did it because he had good reason to. Others think he's evil and never to be trusted because he lied early on and will now never listen to a word he says. But either way, the general perception is that there was some sleight of hand on masks because he didn't want people to take up the supply of masks that were needed by healthcare professionals.

The only complaints I've ever had with Fauci/the CDC are their messaging to the public. There's absolutely a perception problem there whether some here want to belive it or not. Some are never going to trust him because of the way the mask issue unfolded. Sometimes they're clearly super conservative in a way that ensures they'll be ignored by a large segment of the population. Other times the guidance has not been particularly clear. 757690 had a good point earlier that the public really shouldn't be listening to the CDC as the general public is not the target audience. Based on how this pandemic is gone, I fully agree.

And who has that particular idea on this thread?
    I was using that as an example of the bad ideas anti-mask folks are perpetuating. I believe SR was trying to push that idea for awhile, but no idea if he still adheres to it or not.
    Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

There were the hours of on air tickle fights between the Cuomos. Nothing untoward there.

I was using that as an example of the bad ideas anti-mask folks are perpetuating. I believe SR was trying to push that idea for awhile, but no idea if he still adheres to it or not.
    Then why even bring it up now? Don't we already have enough on our plate to discuss in the here and now?

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    Then why even bring it up now? Don't we already have enough on our plate to discuss in the here and now?
    Why so defensive? Is it because you don't want to acknowledge how wrong you really were?

There were the hours of on air tickle fights between the Cuomos. Nothing untoward there.
    Christopher Charles Cuomo is an American television journalist, best known as the presenter of Cuomo Prime Time, a weeknight news analysis show on CNN.
    Man, I wish we could find a way to separate fact-based journalism from infotainment known as "news analysis."

Why so defensive? Is it because you don't want to acknowledge how wrong you really were?
    When are you going to answer my question Dan?

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    When are you going to answer my question Dan?
    I'm not. There's no reason to. You think you can defend a position by stringing a bunch of irrelevant questions together, and I'm not going to allow you to use me for that.

Assuming California didn't go crazy,we're going to get another good number today nationally. Certainly good enough to keep the 7 day average on the decline.

I'm not. There's no reason to. You think you can defend a position by stringing a bunch of irrelevant questions together, and I'm not going to allow you to use me for that.
    Fair enough, then I won't waste my time answering your questions either. Now you know why

Not sure what this means, but I don’t watch any of those CNN evening programs, Copper, Cuomo or Lemon.

Anyway, judging from your posts, it does seem clear that you are conflating the CDC being wrong about masks early on, and them lying about masks. Lying requires intent and you claim you don’t know if there was any intent.

I think everyone agrees that the CDC got masks wearing wrong at first, but as soon as they realized they were wrong, they admitted it, and corrected themselves.

I do agree that they have been poor in regards to messaging, and that likely is the main motivation for people doubting them.
    Hoping to change my username to 75769023

16. Likes:

Boston Red (05-11-2021),WrongVerb (05-11-2021)

I don't understand this reasoning. Why is it ok for Fauci to be wrong about wearing masks early on, but the average joe on a message board should know? He was wrong, right? He caused people too die. It is a fact, no matter the reasoning. People on here are too caught up between right and wrong. Fauci gets paid to do a job and he was part of the massive fail, Sea Ray as far as I know holds no such position.

Turn Off Ads?