Turn Off Ads?
Page 63 of 67 FirstFirst ... 1353596061626364656667 LastLast

Thread: Covid-19 Part XII

Re: Covid-19 Part XII

Not enforced.

A better one from the home opener.

Last edited by Boston Red; 05-12-2021 at 04:26 PM.

2. Turn Off Ads?

When I was there for the World Series, they were all over you to keep that mask up. No longer.

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    I took it because I didn't want to roll the dice of how sick I might get from C19. I think I likely would have fought it off fine but I did not even want to lose my sense of smell and taste. I also wanted to go back to bars and eat at restaurants w/o having to assess it for C19 safety.
    What would you say to someone who had similar leanings to you, but didn't want to get vaccinated, to get them vaccinated? I feel like you have been far more skeptical of C19 through this entire pandemic than me, but I know there are a lot of people out there like you.

How do we convince people who don't want the vaccine that it's in the best interest of society to get it? How do we convince them that the quicker we can get people vaccinated, the quicker things can open up. Its not a stretch to say that we could have gotten all the eligible population in Ohio at least one shot.

Fwiw, I was watching a Cubs game last week and at most maybe 10% were wearing masks in the stands.

Quote Originally Posted by bucksfan2 View Post
    What would you say to someone who had similar leanings to you, but didn't want to get vaccinated, to get them vaccinated? I feel like you have been far more skeptical of C19 through this entire pandemic than me, but I know there are a lot of people out there like you.

How do we convince people who don't want the vaccine that it's in the best interest of society to get it? How do we convince them that the quicker we can get people vaccinated, the quicker things can open up. Its not a stretch to say that we could have gotten all the eligible population in Ohio at least one shot.
    I wish I knew the answer. I have personally talked about 10 people into getting the vaccine, but they were low hanging fruit that were more or less just insecure about it or had gotten bad information about it. There are far too many more that are digging in their heels that we just can’t reach.

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    It was 141 a week ago. It’s tough to take a straight line from the dashboard cases to the 50 metric. But the trend is such that if it keeps up the next 3 weeks like the last 3 weeks we will be done in 3 or 4 weeks.
    We will be there by Flag Day.

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    DeWine is going to speak again about C19 tonight at 5:30pm. He rarely says anything profound at these things but I'm sure he's looking for ways to wiggle out of his ridiculous metric of 50 cases/100K over 2 weeks in order to drop all mandates. He's talked about possibly a vaccine metric but we probably won't hit that either. He knows full well that the state legislature will cancel all his regs June 23rd if they have to but he will not want it to happen that way. At this point I'd settle for allowing fans to sit at their seats unmasked at Reds games but that may be an MLB rule. I don't know. Regardless, let's see what he says. Our numbers have plateaued again but hospitalizations have continued to plummet, so that's a good thing
    You were in the ballpark. All Ohio health orders to end on June 2. Except for nursing homes.
    Last edited by RiverRat13; 05-12-2021 at 05:50 PM.

It's like DeWine reads this thread for ideas!

By the way, we're apparently done with vaccinations here in Kansas. There were just less than 400 doses yesterday. Yikes.
    Last edited by Boston Red; 05-12-2021 at 06:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by NeilHamburger View Post
    I’m gonna sneak in a third dose.

12. Likes:

redhawkfish (05-12-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by BernieCarbo View Post
    Fwiw, I was watching a Cubs game last week and at most maybe 10% were wearing masks in the stands.
    Well it was a Cubs game. They probably wore them below their noses inside.

14. Likes:

mole44 (05-13-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by bucksfan2 View Post

I would start by saying that if you get the vaccine you no longer need the mask. That'd be a nice incentive. I'd also add that we'll have less variants if more people got vaccinated. Finally I'd say "you're on your own if you get really sick from this. Don't expect me to feel sorry for your suffering."

Quote Originally Posted by RiverRat13 View Post
    You were in the ballpark. All Ohio health orders to end on June 2. Except for nursing homes.
    He did say something significant. I was wrong about that but I was right that he'd didn't wait for his goals to be met because he knew darn well they would not be met by June 22nd when the legislature could override him and he didn't want that. I'm glad he's lifting them. It's a little late but I'm glad nevertheless

17. Likes:

goreds2 (05-12-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    If it IS an MLB rule, the Texas Rangers have gone rogue.
    Well we have our answer. They went rogue. I hope our Reds quit enforcing it too by next weekend. I'll be there on May 22

This is NOT how you convince people to get vaccinated:

Two weeks from tonight on May 26th, we will announce a winner of a separate drawing for adults who have received at least their first dose of the vaccine. This announcement will occur each Wednesday for five weeks, and the winner each Wednesday will receive one million dollars.
    On Wednesday, May 26th, we will announce the winner of a drawing of all those 17 years old and under who have been vaccinated, and the winner will receive a full, four-year scholarship to our State of Ohio universities. This will include tuition, room and board, and books.
    https://twitter.com/GovMikeDeWine/st...5Es1_&ref_url=

Vaccine lottery? C'mon Governor...

Turn Off Ads?