Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: MLB City Connect Uniforms

MLB City Connect Uniforms

Well these just hit the newsfeed. I get the concept and understand what they are trying to do.... just not sure coping the NBA is a right move.

https://news.sportslogos.net/2021/04...pSNoGmeepRR1wU
    Quote Originally Posted by Will M View Post
    sdwagers for Reds GM!

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: MLB City Connect Uniforms

I assumed this was an April 1st article.......
    Bud Selig: "I'm the worst commissioner ever"
    Rob Manfred: "Hold my beer"

https://redsintelligence.com/smforum/index.php

Quote Originally Posted by JaxRed View Post
    I assumed this was an April 1st article.......
    Dated April 6. I thought the same as well.
    sdwagers for Reds GM!

on MLB as well. Legit.

https://www.mlb.com/news/red-sox-rel...nnect-uniforms

from the link

Six more teams will wear them this year with the Marlins, White Sox, Cubs, D-backs, Giants and Dodgers joining in later this summer. These uniforms will be worn for multiple seasons and the collection will eventually grow to encapsulate the entire league.
    sdwagers for Reds GM!

Quote Originally Posted by sdwagers View Post
    Well these just hit the newsfeed. I get the concept and understand what they are trying to do.... just not sure coping the NBA is a right move.

https://news.sportslogos.net/2021/04...pSNoGmeepRR1wU
    I think the new uniform trend is great. I don't particularly enjoy watching my favorite sports teams roll out new uniforms every week, but some people do!

I actually think most of the alternative uniforms look dumb, but it gets people talking and for those interested a new shirt or hat to buy. It's just another element of fandom.

Not blaming you specifically, sdwagers, but all the, "Humbug, just wear the traditional uniforms!" kvetching is tired.

Some people love this stuff. Some of the uniforms look cool. Some have really cool meaning to them.

If this gets some people jazzed, I'll mind my business when they trot out the next garish tribute to Eppa Rixey and the 1922 Reds.

Hot take prediction: The Reds will be the last team to have a city edition uniform.

8. Likes:

bm1475 (04-06-2021),DatRedsFan (04-07-2021),sdwagers (04-06-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by reds77 View Post
    Hot take prediction: The Reds will be the last team to have a city edition uniform.
    Fine with me. However, the Reds could use a uniform makeover. Seems more glaring after the various throwbacks used in 2019. Really though, in Cincinnati, opening day is akin to Patriots day in Boston. A huge local event for the city to come together over...so the Reds city connect uniform will be for....the reds? Lol

To quote the kids: those unis are fire.
    What would you say.....ya do here?

11. Likes:

757690 (04-06-2021),Mitri (04-06-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by Old school 1983 View Post
    Fine with me. However, the Reds could use a uniform makeover. Seems more glaring after the various throwbacks used in 2019. Really though, in Cincinnati, opening day is akin to Patriots day in Boston. A huge local event for the city to come together over...so the Reds city connect uniform will be for....the reds? Lol
    Totally agree. For years I was very much against having black in the uniform. I’m over that now. My main complaint is the dropshadows and the font. If they could just ditch those two things and stick to a design that has the C-Reds on one side and the number on the other I’ll take anything they come up with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13. Likes:

Chip R (04-07-2021),Old school 1983 (04-06-2021)

rest in power, king Wonderful Monds's Avatar

Jesus Christ those are awful. Just a completely arbitrary, ugly ass color scheme.

The ones in the NBA are the worst jerseys I’ve ever seen in any sport, period. Nike sucks so bad.

"Either come up with another way to sell merch, or you're outta here and you can go find a real job!"

Sir! I think I have something!
    "Lemonade requires a significant amount of sugar. Otherwise, you've just made lemon juice."

16. Likes:

Griffey012 (04-06-2021)

As an "older guy".....

I can see the appeal in some of the NBA's alt uniforms, while other are just wayyyy out there.

And for the most part, NFL Color Rush unis are solid (my Saints with the best of the bunch)

But based on this first one, dont see anything special about this MLB take on the concept.

Other than outside the box colors, that Red Sox thing was as blah of a uniform as it gets. (Please Cincinnati, hard pass)

Makes you almost pine for the "futuristic" uniforms MLB wheeled out in the 90's.

Not really though.

I don't really have a strong opinion on these alternate jerseys but is the average Red Sox fan anxious to run out and buy a random yellow and baby blue jersey and hat?

It makes me afraid of what they will come up with for Cincinnati:

- Lederhosen to celebrate the largest Oktoberfest celebration in the US?
    - Skyline colors and fonts?

Quote Originally Posted by BillDoran View Post
    I think the new uniform trend is great. I don't particularly enjoy watching my favorite sports teams roll out new uniforms every week, but some people do!

I actually think most of the alternative uniforms look dumb, but it gets people talking and for those interested a new shirt or hat to buy. It's just another element of fandom.

Not blaming you specifically, sdwagers, but all the, "Humbug, just wear the traditional uniforms!" kvetching is tired.

Some people love this stuff. Some of the uniforms look cool. Some have really cool meaning to them.

If this gets some people jazzed, I'll mind my business when they trot out the next garish tribute to Eppa Rixey and the 1922 Reds.
    Some new Unis I love. The Boston one is polarizing for sure with a complete palette shift. I don't mind the idea of special uniforms - and its for sure a money maker for teams and MLB.

Here's a potential Reds City version from reddit.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Reds/commen...iform_concept/

Paul Lucas covered this a year ago on Uniwatch FWIW. Images are broken now. https://uni-watch.com/2020/03/22/cre...ms-nl-edition/
    sdwagers for Reds GM!

20. Likes:

BillDoran (04-06-2021),MoneyInTheBank (04-06-2021)

I hate em, I wouldn't buy em, I wouldn't wear em.

But that's me

Turn Off Ads?