Turn Off Ads?
Page 6 of 68 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021 Cincinnati Bengals Part II: The Chase is On?

I wear Elly colored glass WrongVerb's Avatar

Re: 2021 Cincinnati Bengals Part II: The Chase is On?

Quote Originally Posted by membengal View Post
    It's like he was made in a lab for the AFC North.
    Ja'Maar Chase: 600/207
    Hines Ward: 600/205
    Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by WrongVerb View Post
    Ja'Maar Chase: 600/207
    Hines Ward: 600/205
    Nods. Only, upgraded speed, explosiveness, and burst.
    Well, that's what those words mean. He was here. If they don't keep him, he will have been lost/subtracted. I headed out the door today with two shoes on my feet. If I don't return with them, I have lost them. If I do return with them, I haven't added them. ---M2

4. Likes:

WrongVerb (04-13-2021)

I wear Elly colored glass WrongVerb's Avatar

Nods. Only, upgraded speed, explosiveness, and burst.
    I'm a big fan of taking OL or DL in the first round. But the idea of taking Chase is growing on me. Get Cosmi, Little, or Eichenberg in the second and everything else will be gravy.
    Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

Malik Wright (who seems pretty plugged in) says he's 95% sure the pick will be Chase.

The uniform reveal will be Monday.
    Well, that's what those words mean. He was here. If they don't keep him, he will have been lost/subtracted. I headed out the door today with two shoes on my feet. If I don't return with them, I have lost them. If I do return with them, I haven't added them. ---M2

Quote Originally Posted by KoryMac5 View Post
    Chase is shorter than the prototypical wide out but he is thicker and tougher to tackle...plus he is strong for a receiver as he benched 225 23 times at his pro day. I think he will be fine in the pros if that is the pick.
    Exactly. He’s heavier which works in his favor. It’s why most are shying away from DeVonta Smith and Jaylen Waddle as well. Same height as Chase but about 30 lb less.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    Exactly. He’s heavier which works in his favor. It’s why most are shying away from DeVonta Smith and Jaylen Waddle as well. Same height as Chase but about 30 lb less.
    Do you think Smith is going to be a good NFL player? He is the guy who I would stay away from in the first round.

As I've been saying. Glad to see it confirmed.

Ian Rapoport
    @RapSheet

Random draft quote from an experienced top evaluator: “This draft is unprecedented in its sheer number of really good slot WRs.” Last year’s WR class was deep, but more outside guys. This year, it’s top inside guys.

Quote Originally Posted by bucksfan2 View Post
    Do you think Smith is going to be a good NFL player? He is the guy who I would stay away from in the first round.
    I think he will be, but I'd be nervous about using a top 10 pick on him

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by bucksfan2 View Post
    Just depends on who drafts him and how he’s utilized.

I’d have less faith in him working out in Cincinnati than I would somewhere like the Giants where he would be opposite Kenny Golladay.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

I subscribe to Matt Miller's venture that he launched after he left Bleacher Report. He released his scouting summary on Chase today. He hasn't released one on Sewell yet that I have seen. I am pasting the summary of Chase here, and will do same for Sewell when/if he releases those notes. This captures the argument for Chase really well, IMO...

Strengths: Chase is the ideal combination of body control, strength, physicality, speed and overall athleticism. Despite not having elite height, he’s a monster in traffic because he’s strong enough to out-position defenders and has elite vertical jump skills. Against SEC defenders in 2019, before he opted out of the 2020 season, Chase showed the speed to separate over the top of defenses (see Florida and Alabama games) when facing man coverage. He’s a WR1 from Day 1 on an NFL team. In 2019, as a 19-year-old, Chase scored 20 touchdowns and won the Fred Biletnikoff Award as the nation’s best receiver. He is scheme-proof and can fit into any role playing outside and inside receiver.

Weaknesses: There isn’t much to write here. Chase isn’t amazing in terms of open-field quickness and elusiveness. That might be it.

What I Love: Few wide receiver prospects combine Chase’s physicality, aggressiveness and athleticism. He’s super-aggressive and competitive but also has the speed to blow past defenders. He’s rare.

I subscribe to Matt Miller's venture that he launched after he left Bleacher Report. He released his scouting summary on Chase today. He hasn't released one on Sewell yet that I have seen. I am pasting the summary of Chase here, and will do same for Sewell when/if he releases those notes. This captures the argument for Chase really well, IMO...
    Chase reminds me a bit of Devante Adams...nice combination of speed, and the ability to use his body to his advantage to make the catch.
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

15. Likes:

membengal (04-16-2021)

For those who don't dive deep into draft prep stuff, Brandon Thorn is one of the really good o-line eval guys to follow and read. Here's his top 100 list:

Top 20 OL, as ranked by
    @BrandonThornNFL
    :

4. Sewell
    8. Dickerson
    12. Jenkins
    13. AVT
    15. Slater
    18. Darrisaw
    25. Humphrey
    28. Eichenberg
    29. Forsythe
    34. Leatherwood
    37. Meinerz
    38. Davis
    47. Christensen
    49. Jaimes
    67. Cosmi
    69. Little
    70. Dalman
    71. Green
    80. Smith
    81. Hainsey

Not really into grade school football philosophy...the best player plays Quarterback, anyone else that's good goes out for a pass, and all the scrubs block.

Give me Sewell or pick up a pick or three, trade down a few spots and grab Slater.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    Not really into grade school football philosophy...the best player plays Quarterback, anyone else that's good goes out for a pass, and all the scrubs block.

Give me Sewell or pick up a pick or three, trade down a few spots and grab Slater.
    Trade back and still get Sewell...

If Sewell gets past the Falcons at 4 I could see him being available to the Bengals if they make a trade with Denver. It's something worth considering and the price goes up the closer you get to draft day.
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

Turn Off Ads?