Turn Off Ads?
Page 34 of 68 FirstFirst ... 2430313233343536373844 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021 Cincinnati Bengals Part II: The Chase is On?

Re: 2021 Cincinnati Bengals Part II: The Chase is On?

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    Shelvin is every bit of 350 lbs. How do you figure he's a smaller version of Geno Atkins?
    Yeah, Shelvin is more DJ Reader than Geno. He can be valuable, but he's unlikely to rack up sacks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by membengal View Post
    Breer MAQB:

One thing teams do get in rookie minicamp, and especially this year with no combine, or private workouts and visits, is perspective on the size of their class. And I can say in a year when the Bengals felt like they needed it, the coaches in Cincinnati really liked the way a crew of three offensive line and four defensive line rookies looked on the hoof out there. Second-round pick Jackson Carman moved around well and made a good first impression, but the raw length of defensive end Joseph Ossai and overall size of defensive tackle Tyler Shelvin really stood out.

How does this help the players not practicing and working on things on the field?

I’m not a fan of expanding the games at all also. Wish they would go to full 60 man rosters with everyone active so a TE does not end up playing T or a CB plays WR. You want safety but more games with the same amount of players active while continuing with the Thursday night BS games. No logic.

350? Sounds as if Shelvin has truly been on the Atkins Diet. Geno Atkins.

Looking good for Joe to be ready Week 1 - https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...lattrache-says

6. Likes:

Bob Sheed (05-18-2021)

That is as good as it gets. Just phenomenal news.

"We are very happy with his recovery to say the least," ElAttrache said. "Notwithstanding the nature of his injury and extent of his reconstruction, his knee is performing perfectly.

"We just had him tested out here with a high-tech video and biomechanical evaluation and he was ahead of where we anticipated and well into the return to performance phase of his recovery. With him already performing this way, it's 'all systems go' for the start of the season."
    Well, that's what those words mean. He was here. If they don't keep him, he will have been lost/subtracted. I headed out the door today with two shoes on my feet. If I don't return with them, I have lost them. If I do return with them, I haven't added them. ---M2

8. Likes:

Hillsdale87 (05-18-2021),RiverRat13 (05-19-2021)

6 million dollar man stuff right there. Shazam.

Only concern I would have is it’s going to be the second preseason in a row he’s going to miss.

Otherwise great news.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Who wants a mustache ride Ohayou's Avatar

Arise and walk, come through. A world beyond that door is calling out for you. Arise and walk, come through. It's calling out for you.

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    Only concern I would have is it’s going to be the second preseason in a row he’s going to miss.

Otherwise great news.
    He will be practicing in August. They just won't risk him in a pre-season game.
    Well, that's what those words mean. He was here. If they don't keep him, he will have been lost/subtracted. I headed out the door today with two shoes on my feet. If I don't return with them, I have lost them. If I do return with them, I haven't added them. ---M2

13. Likes:

RiverRat13 (05-19-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by membengal View Post
    He will be practicing in August. They just won't risk him in a pre-season game.
    The biggest issue is never the physical aspect of it.

15. Likes:

WVRed (05-19-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Gack View Post
    The biggest issue is never the physical aspect of it.
    Exactly.

From a development standpoint he’s being tasked to overcome a lot.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

I wouldn't fault anyone who came back a little jittery from what Burrow is recovering from. Still, I'd be surprised if he was. Dude is as cool under fire as you can get.

18. Likes:

Bob Sheed (05-19-2021)

There's probably a type of sports therapy for the mental and psycholgical aspects of recovery for something like this. Something similar to PTSD treatment perhaps.

And if there is, I'll bet Burrow powers through that as well. Dude's a winner, plain and simple.
    "Lemonade requires a significant amount of sugar. Otherwise, you've just made lemon juice."

20. Likes:

membengal (05-19-2021)

Episode header for tonight's Locked On say that Burrow was throwing to Chase and Uzomah today. I haven't listened yet but had not seen that mentioned anywhere else today...

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcas...=1000522438733

Who wants a mustache ride Ohayou's Avatar

RT Morgan Moses released by WFT.

GET ON IT!
    Arise and walk, come through. A world beyond that door is calling out for you. Arise and walk, come through. It's calling out for you.

23. Likes:

WrongVerb (05-20-2021)

Turn Off Ads?