Turn Off Ads?

Thread: 2021 Cincinnati Bengals Part II: The Chase is On?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: 2021 Cincinnati Bengals Part II: The Chase is On?

Quote Originally Posted by membengal View Post
    IF they take Sewell and Marshall and Bateman are both long gone (like I expect) by their pick in the second round, I would rather they take another o-lineman at 38 than select a WR who profiles to the slot or otherwise reach for a WR who plays the outside but who should go a round or two later.

The depth of this draft at 38 and 69 is at o-line and d-line. IF they go Sewell, they need to lean into that depth and hope to get some project WRs in 4th - 7th rounds.

It is not my preferred course of action, but what they should do if they go Sewell in 1.

As always, no reaching.
    The reason I am Team Sewell, is I think OT is a bigger need. I don't think they "need" WR, they can use an outside "WR", but I don't think its as pressing.

If you go OL in the first, the entire board is open up for the rest of the draft. If you go WR in the first, you kinda pigeonhole yourself into a OL with the 2nd.

2. Likes:

Todd Gack (04-08-2021)

Turn Off Ads?