Turn Off Ads?
Page 38 of 68 FirstFirst ... 2834353637383940414248 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021 Cincinnati Bengals Part II: The Chase is On?

Re: 2021 Cincinnati Bengals Part II: The Chase is On?

Since they are coming my way in the pre-season, will be taking my family to the Bengals/WFT pre-season game on Aug. 20. I will make sure JoeB is in bubble wrap and safely on the sideline.
    Well, that's what those words mean. He was here. If they don't keep him, he will have been lost/subtracted. I headed out the door today with two shoes on my feet. If I don't return with them, I have lost them. If I do return with them, I haven't added them. ---M2

2. Likes:

forfreelin04 (07-22-2021)

3. Turn Off Ads?

@Ben_Baby
    ·
    11m
    Bengals vets will report for training camp on July 27, the league announced. Rookies to arrive this Saturday.
    Well, that's what those words mean. He was here. If they don't keep him, he will have been lost/subtracted. I headed out the door today with two shoes on my feet. If I don't return with them, I have lost them. If I do return with them, I haven't added them. ---M2

Ken Anderson and Ken Riley rightfully join the Ring of Honor

6. Likes:

Revering4Blue (07-22-2021)

Good deal from the season ticket holders - they got it right.

Quote Originally Posted by UKFlounder View Post
    Ken Anderson and Ken Riley rightfully join the Ring of Honor
    I know I'm preaching to the choir with Bengals fans and this is just one measure, but Pro Football Reference has Anderson as the 21st best QB in history. He's ranked ahead of HOFers Stabler, Namath, Jurgensen, Griese, Moon, Dawson, Aikman, and Kelly.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/hof/hofm_QB.htm

In fact, of the top 30 ranked QBs, Anderson and Boomer Esiason are the only HOF-eligible ones who haven't been inducted.
    "I can make all the stadiums rock."
    -Air Supply

9. Likes:

Revering4Blue (07-22-2021)

Hubbard extension is reportedly close. He's a guy I'm afraid they will overpay.

Hubbard has earned money - not gonna stress over how much.

Also, we figured this , but Burrow a go:

https://twitter.com/rapsheet/status/...351071239?s=21

The Sam Hubbard extension is done - looks reasonable too:

https://twitter.com/adamschefter/sta...795364869?s=21

13. Likes:

Sea Ray (07-25-2021)

That's a perfect contract for Hubbard.

A lot of money for a pretty good but not great player, but maybe that’s just the salary structure now.

I know he’s a good run defender but I hope he can start getting some pressure on QBs
    Last edited by UKFlounder; 07-25-2021 at 03:17 PM.

It's not a lot of money, actually. And he's a great run defender. That stuff matters too. It's a 4-year extension, and he was only due 2.4 this year - so it is $8.4 per for the five total years.

Some Hobs notes of note:

https://www.bengals.com/news/reports...or-camp-opener

---Hopkins not on PUP list so he also may be readier earlier than people were thinking after the Reiter visit was announced and the signing of that ex-Cadinals C surfaced;

---Reader also not on the initial PUP list means he is ready to practice right away as well

---notes that rookie d-lineman Cam Sample (on the NFI list) is "believed to be back soon" but apparently more up in the air on Hubert and rookie punter (bummed on Hubert)
    Last edited by membengal; 07-25-2021 at 08:56 PM.

also from that Hobson article - this Hubbard quote on Burrow:

"I've seen him in the gym every day this offseason. Nobody is working harder," Hubbard said of his close friend from their Ohio State days. "It doesn't surprise me that he's ready to go. He's been amazing and it's been because of how much discipline he has and how much work he puts in."

What exactly is the Cam Sample injury and when did he get injured?

They have not said what landed any of the NFI guys on that list. Could be something simple. Or not.

Turn Off Ads?