Turn Off Ads?
Page 15 of 68 FirstFirst ... 51112131415161718192565 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021 Cincinnati Bengals Part II: The Chase is On?

Re: 2021 Cincinnati Bengals Part II: The Chase is On?

Quote Originally Posted by RiverRat13 View Post
    Broncos trade for Bridgewater. Running out of trade partners. Someone like the Patriots or Bears would have to make a ridiculous offer at this point, and both could probably wait until 7, 8, or 9 now to do so.
    Wrong thread, but since it's here I'll respond.

DEN is only paying $3M of the $10 owed Bridgewater. CAR is paying the rest. They only gave up a 6th Rd pick, too.

Doesn't change the Broncos' plans at all. Nobody is willing to trade with them at a fair price to get a QB worthy of what they would have to give up to get him, so the plan is still to take Kyle Trask of Florida with the 40th pick and grab the best Defender with the 9th pick. Trask, Bridgewater and Lock will battle it out in camp. If Lock doesn't win it, he'll get traded for a conditional pick.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

2. Turn Off Ads?

I wear Elly colored glass WrongVerb's Avatar

NFL writer says Bengals could draft Ja’Marr Chase to ‘stick it’ to A.J. Green

One of those stories comes from Pro Football Network insider Tony Pauline, who put out an interesting rumor he heard as to why the Bengals may actually draft wide receiver Ja’Marr Chase over offensive tackle Penei Sewell.

Could the Cincinnati Bengals really pass up offensive tackle Penei Sewell in favor of receiver Ja’Marr Chase?

The answer is yes, but a source close to the team tells me it has little to do with the Burrow to Chase connection at LSU in 2019. “You have to understand the mentality of the Bengals’ front office,” my source told me. “They got a damn good receiver in Tee Higgins last year, and they must protect Burrow. But the way they see it is the team lost A.J. Green, and after what turned into a contentious relationship, the priority of many in the front office is to replace Green with another receiver and stick it to him.
    WTF???
    Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

Any word on what Lapham is hearing?
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    Any word on what Lapham is hearing?
    Lapham made his prediction on the latest Bengals Booth Podcast.

"I'm almost 50/50, I'll be honest with ya. I'm almost 50/50, but I am going to go Sewell," he said. "It's like 1 and 1a and I can almost reverse them [Chase and Sewell]. If you've got a chance to solidify your offensive line with a guy like him and if he starts out inside at guard so be it."
    https://www.si.com/nfl/bengals/gm-re...als-fifth-pick

A truly pathetic article that should be called out on. Hatchet job on the Bengal FO. Even with their many faults.

8. Likes:

Bob Sheed (04-29-2021),RiverRat13 (04-28-2021)

It literally makes no sense on any level. It's clearly made up. All of the folks that cover the team have collectively called bull**** on it.
    Well, that's what those words mean. He was here. If they don't keep him, he will have been lost/subtracted. I headed out the door today with two shoes on my feet. If I don't return with them, I have lost them. If I do return with them, I haven't added them. ---M2

Who wants a mustache ride Ohayou's Avatar

AJ Green, one month ago:

“Cincinnati will always be my first love,” said Green, via Bengals.com. “That city embraced me. My kids were both born when I was there. That’s all we know. Like any business, everything comes to an end at some point. I’m very grateful to the Brown family. They took a risk on the kid at a young age and changed my life forever.”

Despite the way things ended, Green still had nothing but nice things to say about the Bengals’ organization and team president Mike Brown.

“I love Mr. Brown. He’s the most misunderstood man ever. Unbelievable. Unbelievable dude,” Green said. “I don’t think he wanted to talk about me leaving.

“Because, I was very special to his heart and what I meant to the city. But I think he understood.”
    https://www.cincyjungle.com/2021/3/1...cardinals-news
    Arise and walk, come through. A world beyond that door is calling out for you. Arise and walk, come through. It's calling out for you.

11. Likes:

GAC (05-05-2021),Hillsdale87 (04-28-2021),WrongVerb (04-28-2021)

I wear Elly colored glass WrongVerb's Avatar

Glad to hear that's all B.S.
    Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

The whole world knows it's Chase.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

14. Likes:

Dom Heffner (04-29-2021)

Welcome to me three months ago.

- - - Updated - - -

As for tonight, matt miller’s seven round mock that is out this AM is a useful frame for tonight. In Matt Miller’s final seven round mock here were the o-line and WR after pick 37 still available:

O-line : Eichenberg, Cosmi, radunz, little, mayfield, leatherwood

WR: Marshall, Brown

So, as I sit here on draft day, I am comfortable with either way they go at 5. Still prefer chase plus o-line at 38, but if they go Sewell plus either brown or Marshall at 38 (would prefer brown as less medical flags), that’s fine by me too.
    Last edited by membengal; 04-29-2021 at 07:17 AM.
    Well, that's what those words mean. He was here. If they don't keep him, he will have been lost/subtracted. I headed out the door today with two shoes on my feet. If I don't return with them, I have lost them. If I do return with them, I haven't added them. ---M2

Weird that Daniel Jeremiah mocked Sewell to them yesterday
    What would you say.....ya do here?

Shrager get just went Sewell to them too. Matt miller’s that just dropped was chase. Brugler that just dropped was chase.

Could absolutely happen that way (Sewell). They genuinely can’t go wrong with the player if they go either Sewell or chase. I am content. Still want chase, will be equally as happy with Sewell.

If I was forced to bet my mortgage, I think they are going chase.
    Last edited by membengal; 04-29-2021 at 07:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by membengal View Post
    Shrager get just went Sewell to them too. Matt miller’s that just dropped was chase. Brugler that just dropped was chase.

Could absolutely happen that way (Sewell). They genuinely can’t go wrong with the player if they go either Sewell or chase. I am content. Still want chase, will be equally as happy with Sewell.

If I was forced to bet my mortgage, I think they are going chase.
    Schrager is covering his bases. He said he leaned Chase when he was talking to Bill Simmons on yesterday's podcast. I think he's just guessing, which is what all the mock draft guys are doing because the Bengals haven't given any hints. Either way, it's going to be exciting. No matter what the Bengals are going to get a guy who was the best at his position before he was even draft eligible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

McShay just went chase. Chase is still most logical guess based on how they have handled the off-season.

Turn Off Ads?