Turn Off Ads?
Page 32 of 68 FirstFirst ... 2228293031323334353642 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021 Cincinnati Bengals Part II: The Chase is On?

Re: 2021 Cincinnati Bengals Part II: The Chase is On?

Quote Originally Posted by Ohayou View Post
    Would that qualify as two picks? Daniel Faalele, taken in the 1st and second round (lol)
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

2. Turn Off Ads?

If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

Tyler Dragon
    @TheTylerDragon
    ·
    7m
    #Bengals offseason workout schedule:

- Rookie Minicamp: May 14

- OTAs: May 25-27, June 1-3, June 7-10

- Mandatory Minicamp: June 15-17
    Well, that's what those words mean. He was here. If they don't keep him, he will have been lost/subtracted. I headed out the door today with two shoes on my feet. If I don't return with them, I have lost them. If I do return with them, I haven't added them. ---M2

I did not know you guys signed Pooka Williams. Do you think he has a chance to make the roster as a RB, or will you guys use him mostly as a return guy? He is very light, but I wanted the Bucs to grab him as a returner. The guy can fly in the open field.

“The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.”
    ― Marcus Aurelius

They also drafted Chris Evans RB, and I’ve seen praise for his potential, so these 2 might fight for 1 spot.

Brandon Wilson is a good kick returner, do I don’t know if Williams can win that spot.

They really like Perine as the 2nd RB, so this could be a close battle to see if they keep one of them over Trayvon Williams. I don’t see how they keep Evans and P. Williams

Quote Originally Posted by adkindo View Post
    I did not know you guys signed Pooka Williams. Do you think he has a chance to make the roster as a RB, or will you guys use him mostly as a return guy? He is very light, but I wanted the Bucs to grab him as a returner. The guy can fly in the open field.

7. Likes:

adkindo (05-06-2021)

Williams may have a better shot at sticking on the roster as the backup slot receiver.

Boyd gets to move back to the Slot, eliminating a need for a pass-catching TE, as Boyd should see, if they understand how valuable he is at his best position as a WR, 145 targets just from the Slot. Corners couldn't stop him. Linebackers certainly can't. They need to go 3-Wide 80% of the time. That pulls both Safeties out of the box as on must be deep for Higgins and Chase, while the other needs to be covering Boyd. It's likely they'll try to mix a LB on Boyd, but hopefully Burrow and Boyd spot that mistake and take advantage of that with the right read (and on the same page). That could be something in underneath, out underneath or 15 yards over the top depending on where the Safety tries to disguis his read and which LB they try to use against Boyd and where he's lined up. Boyd should lead the team in receptions with 90+, but not yards. That should be Higgins or Chase. All three should tally over 1000, with Mixon generating 500-550. We'll have a TE catch some passes, but hopefully he's spending most of his time blocking for Mixon first, and playing decoy to pull a secondary Defender away from Chase or Higgins. 400 yards sounds about right with 35 catches for our #1 TE.

Mixon should rush for 1350 yards for a total of 1850 to 1900 Total Yards. Burrow will pass for 4400 yards and 35 TD's.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

They already do go three wides more than 80% of the time. Boyd doesn’t need to go back to the slot, he never left. After all these months you’ve articulated why I was pushing for chase from the jump. They had a gaping hole at WR with Green ineffective and then moving on.
    Well, that's what those words mean. He was here. If they don't keep him, he will have been lost/subtracted. I headed out the door today with two shoes on my feet. If I don't return with them, I have lost them. If I do return with them, I haven't added them. ---M2

11. Likes:

RiverRat13 (05-08-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by membengal View Post
    They already do go three wides more than 80% of the time. Boyd doesn’t need to go back to the slot, he never left. After all these months you’ve articulated why I was pushing for chase from the jump. They had a gaping hole at WR with Green ineffective and then moving on.
    Agreed Boyd took 433 snaps out of the slot last season 4th most in the NFL...Higgins, Chase, Boyd is a nice set of triplets reminds me of Jones, Green and Sanu but more dangerous.
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

13. Likes:

membengal (05-08-2021)

I wear Elly colored glass WrongVerb's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KoryMac5 View Post
    Agreed Boyd took 433 snaps out of the slot last season 4th most in the NFL...Higgins, Chase, Boyd is a nice set of triplets reminds me of Jones, Green and Sanu but more dangerous.
    And they won't have Andy "the next time I lead a reciever will be the first time" Dalton throwing to them either.
    Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

Quote Originally Posted by membengal View Post
    You pay many fold times over more attention to the Bengals than I do, but my memory recalls Tee coming off the bench to begin the year, especially because there was no training camp. If they ran 3-Wide's to begin the year, it was with Boyd outside and Receivers other than Higgins on the field. It seems that he began seeing plays the 2nd game, a few more the 3rd, a few more the 4th and that he didn't get regular snaps until the 5th game. It was one of the bad things about Burrow's injury. He worked very little with Higgins on live plays. They were successful on the few they did, but I recall very few 3-wides the first four games. Higgins also replaced Green when Green missed time keeping Boyd outside. They used 11 personnel or 12 personnel about 50% of the time from what I recall, if for the only reason that they needed a TE to block.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

Quote Originally Posted by KoryMac5 View Post
    So Boyd took about 300 snaps from out wide then.

- - - Updated - - -

And I'm pretty certain that our TE's played at least 400 snaps.

Taylor ran 11-Personnel 77% of the time his first year here in 2019, most in the league, according to the Enquirer. Boyd played 100% of his snaps out wide that year. Green was hurt most of the year.

https://www.cincinnati.com/story/spo...se/5764431002/

And, I counted playmakers wrong forgetting that 11-personnel includes 3 WR's and a TE with 1 RB making 5 of them. We didn't even have a Fullback on the team the last two years, did we?

Of course, it was a disaster in 2019 as the entire roster on Offense other than Boyd that was healthy enough to play was crappy.

Bengals to open Week 1 at home against the Vikings.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

20. Likes:

Kingspoint (05-12-2021)

Turn Off Ads?