Turn Off Ads?
Page 37 of 68 FirstFirst ... 2733343536373839404147 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021 Cincinnati Bengals Part II: The Chase is On?

Re: 2021 Cincinnati Bengals Part II: The Chase is On?

Locked up for next 3 years:

Burrow
    Mixon
    Higgins
    Boyd
    Chase

It's a nice nucleus that should grow together and could potentially become a monster.

Just gotta have faith (They've done it before with the best OL in the league) that the rest of the pieces can come together.

2. Turn Off Ads?

They will get Bates and Hubbard done in August.

After seeing Falcons fans pissed over not getting a first round pick for Julio Jones, I can’t say I blame them.

Then I remember the Bengals had a similar player from the same draft they could have moved at the trade deadline two years ago and got a similar haul.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

"Lemonade requires a significant amount of sugar. Otherwise, you've just made lemon juice."

For you Bengals fans: Zac Taylor on The Ringer NFL Show podcast.

https://www.theringer.com/2021/6/9/2...ing-with-mcvay
    "I can make all the stadiums rock."
    -Air Supply

Mandatory mini-camp starts today for 3 days. Although, since the team has been 100% participation for the voluntaries, it will look much the same. You should see a LOT of pics and obs since reporters are allowed to be at all three days of camp.
    Well, that's what those words mean. He was here. If they don't keep him, he will have been lost/subtracted. I headed out the door today with two shoes on my feet. If I don't return with them, I have lost them. If I do return with them, I haven't added them. ---M2

Notes of interest from twitter obs from the reporters:

---Burrow in everything but 11 v. 11s (that was always planned) - was perfect in 7 on 7s. Hit four in a row to Chase at one point
    ---Burrow vid shows him rolling out etc. Moving well on the knee
    ---Burrow says his knee is still about 85% - expects it to be at 100% by start of camps with another months' rehab and strengthening ahead of him between now and late July.
    ---Burrow said he is on pace to take first snaps in 11s in camp and will be ready for week 1 barring any sort of unexpected setback
    ---Reader was doing rehab with Wren but later on did some limited team work
    ---Awuzie was lining up at RCB
    ---Higgins still looking noticeably bigger and faster. Burrow noted difference in his presser.
    Well, that's what those words mean. He was here. If they don't keep him, he will have been lost/subtracted. I headed out the door today with two shoes on my feet. If I don't return with them, I have lost them. If I do return with them, I haven't added them. ---M2

I don’t always reply, but I appreciate the updates you post here. I follow some of Bengals Twitter but often get info here first, usually from you

Quote Originally Posted by membengal View Post
    Notes of interest from twitter obs from the reporters:

---Burrow in everything but 11 v. 11s (that was always planned) - was perfect in 7 on 7s. Hit four in a row to Chase at one point
    ---Burrow vid shows him rolling out etc. Moving well on the knee
    ---Burrow says his knee is still about 85% - expects it to be at 100% by start of camps with another months' rehab and strengthening ahead of him between now and late July.
    ---Burrow said he is on pace to take first snaps in 11s in camp and will be ready for week 1 barring any sort of unexpected setback
    ---Reader was doing rehab with Wren but later on did some limited team work
    ---Awuzie was lining up at RCB
    ---Higgins still looking noticeably bigger and faster. Burrow noted difference in his presser.

10. Likes:

Bob Sheed (06-16-2021),Boss-Hog (06-15-2021),membengal (06-15-2021),texasdave (06-15-2021)

---After full attendance at last 10 days of voluntaries and today's mandatory, ZT has let them off for the last two days. They will be back again on July 27, for start of camp.
    ---One notable injury in last few weeks disclosed today- H. Adeniji has had surgery for torn pec. That should cost him the season. They could use a vet back-up T in my opinion.
    ---Team is apparently really close to 85% vaccinated. Bates says that one carrot for getting last two days off was getting them over the 85% threshold. Bates expects them to be over it so that in-person meetings will be able to happen at camp in July.

A few thoughts rattling around my head with the off-season done and the six week wait until training camp here:

---I want them to sign a vet T now w/ Adeniji hurt. Probably won't get my way. Rick Wagner would make a ton of sense if Okung and Moses don't want a back-up/swing tackle role. But they really could use another vet at T in my opinion.
    ---The team being able to have in-person meetings in July at the start of camp and carrying forward, and move about the facility as normal because they hit vax thresholds is potentially a really excellent competitive advantage.
    ---Them having 100% attendance for three weeks of voluntaries and the one practice this week is simply fantastic news - clearly a buy-in - and apparently the only team in the NFL to do so. Excellent.
    ---Still giddy about the situation in the WR room. Feels like a powder-keg of potential.
    ---Apparently, per Dehner in his weekly segment w/ Mo Egger yesterday, after being goaded to talk about it, said McPherson was 4 of 4 during the session - making from 33 to 53 yards. Seibert 3 of 4 (he missed from 53). Happy that this coaching staff won't be repeating the Marvin mistake from four years ago and that they will roll with McPherson come September.
    ---The thing at camp I am quietly curious about? Reports on Chris Evans when the pads come on. I am low-key fired up about his potential in this offense as a change-of-pace back what with his skills catching passes out of the backfield.
    ---I still can't believe that Burrow made it back to participate as much as he did for OTAs. Absolutely awesome development for him and the team on so many levels. He's just such an obvious leader, having him there was probably catalyst for the 100% attendance. That he got to get throws in with Chase, Higgins, Boyd et al over three weeks is potentially huge.
    ---This is as excited as I have been for a season in awhile. Weird, since they are 6-25-1 in their last two years, but, nothing seems impossible to me anymore with Burrow in place and the offensive weapons at his disposal. I don't know at all what the season might hold, but I have no reason to put any limits on what might unfold. Allowing some optimism into my Bengals rooting life feels okay, for a change.

In addition to needing a swing OT, I still can't believe they haven't addressed a 3 tech DT behind Larry O. It sounds Iike the plan is to kick DEs inside on passing downs, which maybe I could get behind with a proven defensive coordinator. But I don't know what Lou has shown in his two seasons to think he can mix and match guys rather than going a more traditional route.

14. Likes:

Tony Cloninger (07-09-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by RiverRat13 View Post
    In addition to needing a swing OT, I still can't believe they haven't addressed a 3 tech DT behind Larry O. It sounds Iike the plan is to kick DEs inside on passing downs, which maybe I could get behind with a proven defensive coordinator. But I don't know what Lou has shown in his two seasons to think he can mix and match guys rather than going a more traditional route.
    I suspect that Tupou and Wren are the plan. Tupou was really damn good in 2019. Plus on passing downs, Hubbard and/or Hendrickson probably kick into rush from that spot too.

This is suuuuuper pretty - follow the link:

https://twitter.com/Dan_Hoard/status...654409731?s=20

17. Likes:

podgejeff_ (06-18-2021),RedEye (06-18-2021),RiverRat13 (06-17-2021)

I wear Elly colored glass WrongVerb's Avatar

What's this craziness with a quarterback leading his receiver? From years watching Dalton, I didn't think that was possible.
    Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

10 days of much needed R & R in my rear view - slow news in the NFL/Bengals right now - but with July 4 come and gone - just three weeks from players reporting to camp. Close now.

Turn Off Ads?