Turn Off Ads?
Page 46 of 68 FirstFirst ... 3642434445464748495056 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021 Cincinnati Bengals Part II: The Chase is On?

Re: 2021 Cincinnati Bengals Part II: The Chase is On?

Quote Originally Posted by KoryMac5 View Post
    D’ante Smith starting at LG at today’s 11 on 11 drills…Carmen still 3rd string.

Smith is an absolute steal…this could possibly be one of The Bengals best drafts in years with Ossai Sample, and Smith.
    This does not excuse the Carmen pick. I repeat, this does not excuse the Carmen pick. BUT... if they get one OL starter out of the draft, it is a win. That's why you take 3 cracks at it.

2. Turn Off Ads?

maybe relevant to the discussion you all are having on Carmen...

https://twitter.com/Dan_Hoard/status...914317315?s=20
    Well, that's what those words mean. He was here. If they don't keep him, he will have been lost/subtracted. I headed out the door today with two shoes on my feet. If I don't return with them, I have lost them. If I do return with them, I haven't added them. ---M2

I didn't watch any of the game Saturday, but based on photos those new uniforms are such a huge improvement. They look like an NFL team to be taken seriously now.
    "In our sundown perambulations of late, through the outer parts of Brooklyn, we have observed several parties of youngsters playing 'base', a certain game of ball. Let us go forth awhile, and get better air in our lungs. Let us leave our close rooms, the game of ball is glorious"
    -Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by RiverRat13 View Post
    This does not excuse the Carmen pick. I repeat, this does not excuse the Carmen pick. BUT... if they get one OL starter out of the draft, it is a win. That's why you take 3 cracks at it.
    I don’t think he’s a with barely a training can done. The back injury though is an issue. Who knows how well that holds up.

I also think the Center they got will be good too.

Quote Originally Posted by membengal View Post
    maybe relevant to the discussion you all are having on Carmen...

https://twitter.com/Dan_Hoard/status...914317315?s=20
    He SHOULD be doing this. Any rookie SHOULD be putting in as much time as they can. Especially one who came to camp already behind. I don't find this noteworthy at all.

If a new guy shows up 10 minutes early for work, is that something that we applaud or something that we say is standard practice?

Quote Originally Posted by bucksfan2 View Post
    He SHOULD be doing this. Any rookie SHOULD be putting in as much time as they can. Especially one who came to camp already behind. I don't find this noteworthy at all.

If a new guy shows up 10 minutes early for work, is that something that we applaud or something that we say is standard practice?
    ok.
    Last edited by membengal; 08-17-2021 at 10:00 AM.
    Well, that's what those words mean. He was here. If they don't keep him, he will have been lost/subtracted. I headed out the door today with two shoes on my feet. If I don't return with them, I have lost them. If I do return with them, I haven't added them. ---M2

Quote Originally Posted by bucksfan2 View Post

No, it just shows your narrative about him being lazy is off base. You say young guys should do this, but it isn't common practice, which is why it is newsworthy. You having zero reason to believe he is lazy only thinking so because you have a feeling and dismissing evidence showing he is not in fact lazy is showing your bias.

Rookie Joseph Ossai earned an exceptional 89.6 grade vs the Bucs over the weekend...

Darius Hodge was also up there in or around 80...looking forward to Hodge.
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

Quote Originally Posted by Thisyear View Post
    No, it just shows your narrative about him being lazy is off base. You say young guys should do this, but it isn't common practice, which is why it is newsworthy. You having zero reason to believe he is lazy only thinking so because you have a feeling and dismissing evidence showing he is not in fact lazy is showing your bias.
    I don't really have a narrative about him. I was disappointed with the pick, and had concerns about him. Good for him working after practice, it doesn't alleviate my concerns about him.

Training camp stories for the most part are fluff stories about player X who looks good in practice. Or player X did this in the off season. There was a story earlier this year about Michael Jordan and his off season workouts. Good for him, doesn't change the fact that he has a disappointing start to his career.

If Carmen is starting this season good for him.

I wonder if the Jamal Adams deal will help speed things us with Bates now that the market has been set

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Hillsdale87 View Post
    I wonder if the Jamal Adams deal will help speed things us with Bates now that the market has been set

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Probably not as the Bengals suck when it comes to managing the cap and their views on guaranteed $$$...

I think they desperately want him here but not sure how much they are willing to give on how they have structured contracts in the past.

13. Likes:

RiverRat13 (08-17-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by KoryMac5 View Post
    Probably not as the Bengals suck when it comes to managing the cap and their views on guaranteed $$$...

I think they desperately want him here but not sure how much they are willing to give on how they have structured contracts in the past.
    Adams "only" got $38MM guaranteed. Bengals may not go that high, but they make keeping their own players a priority. AJ Green got almost $33MM back in 2015.

I am sure you all will see this article referenced today on various outlets but Kevin Clark from the Ringer was in town on his tour of camps and his piece is on Burrow and it is a cracking good read (lot of quotes and insight from Burrow):

https://www.theringer.com/nfl/2021/8...njury-recovery
    Last edited by membengal; 08-18-2021 at 07:29 AM.

16. Likes:

forfreelin04 (08-18-2021),Hillsdale87 (08-18-2021),RiverRat13 (08-18-2021)

Burrow is just built different...

The rest of his offseason was not particularly packed with fun. Part of that was by design; part of that wasn’t. It has been nine months since he tore his ACL and MCL, ending his Bengals rookie season. He brought his trainer with him on vacation. He was deeply serious. “Every workout to me was life or death,” Burrow said. “Go in there, no matter what you’re feeling. Knee hurts, body hurts, mind not up to it—you’ve got to get the work done. If you don’t get the work done, it’s not going to show up on the field. And I want it to show up on the field.”

Burrow, who 19 months ago completed the coolest and most efficient season in the history of college football at LSU, spent the past nine months
    rebuilding himself. His injury occurred last November, in the midst of a miserable Bengals season that was buoyed only by the optimism around the
    team’s rookie quarterback. But then the Bengals lost Burrow, and Burrow lost football. “I kind of had to figure out who I was without football for a
    little bit,” Burrow told me last week. “Lying in bed, not being able to move without coming to pick my leg up and go to the bathroom. It wasn’t very fun. But I think it’ll make me a better person and player.”

Burrow’s rebuilding continued in practice on a recent hot day in downtown Cincinnati. It has not been a flawless process. He trusts his knee and trusts the work he’s put in, he said, to know whether it’s stable. But some problems extended beyond his own recovery. Cincinnati’s offense was slow to develop early in training camp, something Burrow and Bengals coaches were open about but certainly not panicking over in early August.

“It was more so just getting the feeling back in the pocket. I’ve always been pretty good at feeling the space in the pocket and going where I need to and feeling where the defenders are. And at the beginning of camp, it was kind of just a wall of people,” Burrow said. “I couldn’t really feel who was who, where the pressure was coming from. Then, at the end of last week, it just kind of clicked for me. And now I’m playing well again, back to my old self.”

Dehner spoke about the O line in the Athletic...

LG is heating up...D'ante Smith and Spain
    RG Michael Jordan was discussed in regards to the improvements he made to his technique and overall physique.

Fred Johnson plans to play at 335 this season versus the 354 he usually is at...

He also discussed Issiah Prince who played a ton in the 1st season game and gave up one pressure.

Turn Off Ads?