Turn Off Ads?
Page 68 of 68 FirstFirst ... 18586465666768
Results 1,006 to 1,016 of 1016

Thread: 2021 Cincinnati Bengals Part II: The Chase is On?

Re: 2021 Cincinnati Bengals Part II: The Chase is On?

Quote Originally Posted by Hillsdale87 View Post
    Bengals and Steelers, who were expected to be mediocre to bad, with wins against good teams. The AFC North could be abeast

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Ben looked terrible today...their Defense won the game for them Watt is a beast.
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    I wear Elly colored glass WrongVerb's Avatar

The Bengals looked gassed in the 4th quarter. Glad they pulled it out, but conditioning needs to improve.
    Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

I am quite happy.
    Well, that's what those words mean. He was here. If they don't keep him, he will have been lost/subtracted. I headed out the door today with two shoes on my feet. If I don't return with them, I have lost them. If I do return with them, I haven't added them. ---M2

2021 Cincinnati Bengals Part II: The Chase is On?

Quote Originally Posted by WrongVerb View Post
    That winning kick was a line drive. Kid's got a Howitzer attached to his right hip.
    The 53 yarder looked like it would have been good from 70. Was way up the net

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My thoughts---

---a good reminder that if Burrow can stay uninjured, he is THAT guy

---The line did fine protecting him - the worst hits came on questionable protection schemes (Sample/Perine on Hunter was no bueno - CJ missing an assignment and allowing a free blizter up the middle)

---Enjoyed seeing them try and assert some dominance with Mixon - baby steps

---I too hated ZT going for it - but in hindsight will amend that to...I hated the play call. At least ZT isn't scared

---Hated the play call on 3rd and 4 on first play out of two minute warning too - a 1st down there and game is over and instead a run. Thought maybe ZT got in his own head after the 3rd quarter going for it when awry

---The d-line were beasts. Especially interior. We can do some business as year goes on if that is the case.

---They also did a nice job on Cook all things considered

--I guess after Apple's disastrous series he was 'aight but man I hope Wayans can get back.

---What a play from Pratt to force the fumble. Replay of Hill fumbling against Stealers - similar close call too. I would have lost my cool if they had overturned the call on the field since Hill's fumble stood in the playoff disaster

---Glad to see Chase bury the narrative right away. He and Higgins and Boyd are going to be such a matchup advantage.

---God Mixon looked good.

---Having McPherson is...well...it's so damn nice.

---Glad to see some breaks come our way - feels like we just need a little oxygen to feed the spark here. Burrow can lead this team to great places.
    Well, that's what those words mean. He was here. If they don't keep him, he will have been lost/subtracted. I headed out the door today with two shoes on my feet. If I don't return with them, I have lost them. If I do return with them, I haven't added them. ---M2

7. Likes:

Bob Sheed (09-12-2021),forfreelin04 (09-13-2021),Hypnotoad (09-12-2021),Thisyear (09-13-2021),UKFlounder (09-12-2021)

You pretty much never go for on 4th down on your own 30 up by a couple scores. Even if you get it, you're not in scoring position.

You almost never convert a 3rd and 4 by running it in the NFL. You have Joe Burrow for a reason. Use him

Wonderful to be 1-0. We'll take it

Quote Originally Posted by membengal View Post
    My thoughts---

---a good reminder that if Burrow can stay uninjured, he is THAT guy

---The line did fine protecting him - the worst hits came on questionable protection schemes (Sample/Perine on Hunter was no bueno - CJ missing an assignment and allowing a free blizter up the middle)

---Enjoyed seeing them try and assert some dominance with Mixon - baby steps

---I too hated ZT going for it - but in hindsight will amend that to...I hated the play call. At least ZT isn't scared

---Hated the play call on 3rd and 4 on first play out of two minute warning too - a 1st down there and game is over and instead a run. Thought maybe ZT got in his own head after the 3rd quarter going for it when awry

---The d-line were beasts. Especially interior. We can do some business as year goes on if that is the case.

---They also did a nice job on Cook all things considered

--I guess after Apple's disastrous series he was 'aight but man I hope Wayans can get back.

---What a play from Pratt to force the fumble. Replay of Hill fumbling against Stealers - similar close call too. I would have lost my cool if they had overturned the call on the field since Hill's fumble stood in the playoff disaster

---Glad to see Chase bury the narrative right away. He and Higgins and Boyd are going to be such a matchup advantage.

---God Mixon looked good.

---Having McPherson is...well...it's so damn nice.

---Glad to see some breaks come our way - feels like we just need a little oxygen to feed the spark here. Burrow can lead this team to great places.
    Agree with this all except the line pass blocking. Great win but they need to put the foot on the opponents throats.

People who were worried about Chase in preseason and call him a second rounder looks even more asinine than original. These people either didn't watch him at LSU or didn't agree with the pick in the first place so they were just looking to complain. My last thing I hope they eventually open the offense more. I think it will at least be a fun season.

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.esp...3fplatform=amp

I didn’t know Chase can’t catch the ball…my brother just texted me. Wowzer.
    Idk man, those words from the coaching staff, yikes, they sound scared.

When you draft a WR in the top 5/1st WR off the board that player needs to be a day 1 star. Turnkey type player.

It sounds to me like Chase is an elite athlete that is a project. That’s a end of first round/day 2 type WR.

Sewell was right there. Wow.
    I just read an article about that. One sack but had a decent PPF grade in his first start in the NFL.

If Chase can’t catch he can’t play.
    Lol another one of your great hot takes. Good stuff from you and bucksfan. Making these type of comments from two preseason games is the highest order of hilarity. Who dey.

Quote Originally Posted by Thisyear View Post
    Agree with this all except the line pass blocking. Great win but they need to put the foot on the opponents throats.

People who were worried about Chase in preseason and call him a second rounder looks even more asinine than original. These people either didn't watch him at LSU or didn't agree with the pick in the first place so they were just looking to complain. My last thing I hope they eventually open the offense more. I think it will at least be a fun season.
    That actual guys on the line other than the guy just returning from an ACL tear had a really good day pass blocking. The pressures were through the backs (especially perine and TEs along w/ Hopkins).

12. Likes:

Thisyear (09-13-2021)

More PFF grades on D

Ricardo Allen leading the defense with a PFF grade of 85.4 on 21 snaps.

A. Davis-Gaither - 75.4
    G. Pratt - 75.1
    L. Ogunjobi - 70.1
    L. Wilson - 70.0
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

Us Bengal fans lament the lack of immediate contribution from our draft picks. Well, without the contributions of Case and McPherson, they don't win that game. No QB pressures from either T position. That means after one game, the contributions of Chase>Penei Sewell

Turn Off Ads?