Turn Off Ads?
Page 7 of 68 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021 Cincinnati Bengals Part II: The Chase is On?

Who wants a mustache ride Ohayou's Avatar

Re: 2021 Cincinnati Bengals Part II: The Chase is On?

Quote Originally Posted by membengal View Post
    For those who don't dive deep into draft prep stuff, Brandon Thorn is one of the really good o-line eval guys to follow and read. Here's his top 100 list:
    Who is James? Hudson?

Yeah, his Top 100 is kind of out there. Landon Dickerson being the 6th best overall prospect is just outright crazy, IMO - his injury history might push him to round 3. Bateman over Chase. Rashad Weaver (who I like) as his #2 edge. Then again, this is a difficult class to evaluate.
    Arise and walk, come through. A world beyond that door is calling out for you. Arise and walk, come through. It's calling out for you.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Ohayou View Post
    Who is James? Hudson?

Yeah, his Top 100 is kind of out there. Landon Dickerson being the 6th best overall prospect is just outright crazy, IMO - his injury history might push him to round 3. Bateman over Chase. Rashad Weaver (who I like) as his #2 edge. Then again, this is a difficult class to evaluate.
    A lot of draft experts have him (Dickerson) high Brugler has a 1st or 2nd round grade on him however 2 blown knees and ankle problems will have him going 2nd or 3rd round...Brugler in his 7 round mock has him to the Bengals at pick 38.
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

Who is James? Hudson?

James Hudson is UC T who may project to G in the pros. He's got top 100 grades from most evaluators.
    Well, that's what those words mean. He was here. If they don't keep him, he will have been lost/subtracted. I headed out the door today with two shoes on my feet. If I don't return with them, I have lost them. If I do return with them, I haven't added them. ---M2

Quote Originally Posted by KoryMac5 View Post
    A lot of draft experts have him (Dickerson) high Brugler has a 1st or 2nd round grade on him however 2 blown knees and ankle problems will have him going 2nd or 3rd round...Brugler in his 7 round mock has him to the Bengals at pick 38.
    Even healthy, I wouldn't put a center at #6. I don't think many Bengals fans would like that pick at 38 either.

James Hudson is UC T who may project to G in the pros. He's got top 100 grades from most evaluators.
    I know who he is, but everyone is listed there by last name, and I don't know of any O-lineman with the last name James, so I assumed he meant Hudson.
    Arise and walk, come through. A world beyond that door is calling out for you. Arise and walk, come through. It's calling out for you.

Even healthy, I wouldn't put a center at #6. I don't think many Bengals fans would like that pick at 38 either.

I know who he is, but everyone is listed there by last name, and I don't know of any O-lineman with the last name James, so I assumed he meant Hudson.
    I think he is more than a center though he can play guard too...336 lbs leading the way at RG would look really good on many teams. Most of the experts don't have the medicals that the teams have so I think he may go in round 3.
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

Oh - Jamies- the T from Nebraska.

- - - Updated - - -

Dickerson absolutely can play G- would be a monster at RG.
    Well, that's what those words mean. He was here. If they don't keep him, he will have been lost/subtracted. I headed out the door today with two shoes on my feet. If I don't return with them, I have lost them. If I do return with them, I haven't added them. ---M2

I could live with it if they do go Chase in round 1 and OL is wiped clean by the time it gets to 38 and Dickerson is the best available.

I posted a link earlier in this thread with OL who might be available when the Bengals pick in the second round. Any ideas where they go then? Anyone have anybody they’d like to see at 38? I’m hoping Teven Jenkins slips. Reiff isn’t a long term answer and Jenkins could take over the year after.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

The only reason I'm arguing why some fans wouldn't like Dickerson at 38 is because of his medical history. If they draft an O-lineman at 38, Bengals fans will want someone they know who can be penciled in right away as a day 1 starter.

Jenkins will probably be gone by 38, IMO. Washington, Chicago, and Indy all draft one after another, and all three I think are considering OT. After that, maybe the Jets or Chiefs. The Dolphins may also draft an O-lineman at 18 or 36. I'm hoping Leatherwood or Cosmi are there at 38. I wouldn't mind Radunz, either. Maybe trade down, snag Meinerz or Smith (medical flag).

10. Likes:

RiverRat13 (04-19-2021)

Big fan of the new uniforms! Cleaner and a lot less cartoonish.

https://twitter.com/Bengals/status/1...818459148?s=19
    "In our sundown perambulations of late, through the outer parts of Brooklyn, we have observed several parties of youngsters playing 'base', a certain game of ball. Let us go forth awhile, and get better air in our lungs. Let us leave our close rooms, the game of ball is glorious"
    -Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by Reds Freak View Post

Best part is they didn’t allow Nike to Nike it up.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

I was never a uniform zealot - thought the last ones were fine.

Turns out, I didn't like the last ones, in hindsight. These new ones are so much better. So clean. Big improvement.

14. Likes:

Tony Cloninger (04-19-2021)

I was never a uniform zealot - thought the last ones were fine.

Turns out, I didn't like the last ones, in hindsight. These new ones are so much better. So clean. Big improvement.
    I'm in the same boat. I usually fall on the side of the simpler the better. I didn't hate the old ones but looking back on them, they had so many different color panels, it strikes me as very Arena Football-esque.
    "In our sundown perambulations of late, through the outer parts of Brooklyn, we have observed several parties of youngsters playing 'base', a certain game of ball. Let us go forth awhile, and get better air in our lungs. Let us leave our close rooms, the game of ball is glorious"
    -Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by Reds Freak View Post

IMO, the Bengals are one of the teams that nothing really matters that much outside their helmets. As long as they do not change the helmet and anything absurd with the uniform, they will be solid.
    “The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.”
    ― Marcus Aurelius

The only reason I'm arguing why some fans wouldn't like Dickerson at 38 is because of his medical history. If they draft an O-lineman at 38, Bengals fans will want someone they know who can be penciled in right away as a day 1 starter.

Jenkins will probably be gone by 38, IMO. Washington, Chicago, and Indy all draft one after another, and all three I think are considering OT. After that, maybe the Jets or Chiefs. The Dolphins may also draft an O-lineman at 18 or 36. I'm hoping Leatherwood or Cosmi are there at 38. I wouldn't mind Radunz, either. Maybe trade down, snag Meinerz or Smith (medical flag).
    I would be very surprised if Dickerson is there at #38. There is a strong faction of fans that want Dickerson @ #32 for the Bucs. If not for the injuries, he is being mentioned as a Top 20 pick. I am not sure if he plays Center or Guard long term in the NFL, but if he remains healthy he is the kind of guy that is almost a full proof option to be a 7-10 year starter in the NFL. He is technically sound, absolutely loves the game and is just all kinds of nasty. If I was the team that drafted him, I would not start him next season....allow him to be a versatile backup on the interior line and get playing time, but make sure he has another full year without a full workload of stress on that recent ACL injury.
    “The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.”
    ― Marcus Aurelius

Anyone have an opinion if Giovani Bernard will have an impact with the Bucs as a 3rd down back? Does he have more in the tank? I have to assume Arians promised him a role or he would not have signed with TB, but that backfield is crowded and Fournette views himself as a 3rd down option.
    ― Marcus Aurelius

Turn Off Ads?