Turn Off Ads?
Page 27 of 43 FirstFirst ... 1723242526272829303137 ... LastLast

Thread: Are the Reds for real?

Re: Are the Reds for real?

I am so flattered that Tom, the dean of redszone liked my first round picks of flotsam, I did forget Pat Pacillo Scott Scudder, and Kurt Stillwell so he can enjoy these also

after all maybe their picks this year will be good again or maybe they will be another in a series of endless jabronis

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Mitri View Post
    I am also curious how long the Reds plan on keeping Hoffman in the rotation. He is barely getting it done, and even that has been smoke and mirrors. I am not a huge fan of the advanced estimator stats but I went to look at Hoffman's SIERA anyway and he is 2nd to last among SP in all of MLB. Much like our friend JDL, dude walks too much, gives up frequent meatballs and can have really inefficient outings despite having quite a bit of luck go his way.

Not sure what the answer is, I know Antone has been discussed but I can't imaging the Reds changing his role as the best bullpen piece by far. Just hoping that the Reds have plan for his eventual implosion as a starter.
    My guess is their plan A is to end the season with either Lodolo or Greene in the rotation. I kind of assume Hoffman's job is to tread water until the All-Star break and they'll adjust accordingly if he can't. The upside with his is so far he's been pretty on his first pass through the lineup (.519 OPSa). It's when hitters get a second look at him that he goes kerplooey (.914 OPSa). So he could settle into long relief in the bullpen if someone comes along to claim that rotation slot.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

4. Likes:

Old school 1983 (04-28-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by klw View Post
    Counterpoint: Reds will win tonight and will win 2 of 3 to take the Series. Why? Because baseball.
    Dear Reds
    Sorry if I jinxed you or you played down to my expectations yesterday in not completing the sweep.
    Sincerely
    Me

Quote Originally Posted by klw View Post
    The Reds failure to get the 3 points vs Newcastle really hurt them but they still have a realistic shot of passing Chelsea for the last Champions League slot but it is an uphill battle now and they need help.
    Honestly, how can you not beat Newcastle at home?
    Eric Stratton, Rush Chairman. Damn glad to meet ya.

because newcastle pitched tim pugh

Real is still TBD, but this team has been a good watch so far. I'm enjoying the watching experience this season. Lots of drama. Maybe even too much drama, but I'm fine with that.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

9. Likes:

*BaseClogger* (05-08-2021),757690 (05-08-2021),pedro (05-08-2021),Ron Madden (05-08-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    Real is still TBD, but this team has been a good watch so far. I'm enjoying the watching experience this season. Lots of drama. Maybe even too much drama, but I'm fine with that.
    After the last 5 season, I will take maybe not good but fun to watch, over definitely terrible and boring to watch.
    Hoping to change my username to 75769024

11. Likes:

M2 (05-09-2021),REDREAD (05-09-2021)

If they can get Castillo back to where he was the last few seasons it will really help. If that happens Castillo, Gray, Mahle and Miley are a damn good top 4. I think you might see Greene and Lodolo come up as bullpen help later in the season assuming they perform well. Those could be two huge arms to add.

25.7% of the Reds runs this season have come in 4 games against the Pirates.

14. Likes:

cumberlandreds (05-12-2021),NebraskaRed (05-11-2021),REDREAD (05-13-2021),Roy Tucker (05-11-2021),Thisyear (05-11-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    Good thing we have a lot of games with them left!

16. Likes:

Old school 1983 (05-11-2021)

You mean there’s more to winning baseball than Pythag. Never knew.

Quote Originally Posted by Old school 1983 View Post
    You mean there’s more to winning baseball than Pythag. Never knew.
    Nah not at all what I'm implying, the game is made up of many moments and right now the Reds are stuffing their coffers with the Pirates. They also have been shut out five times, take those five add them to the four vs the Pirates and they are averaging 4.33 runs per game, the league average is 4.36 so they are an average team scoring runs. If you take all the rest of their games aside from that prior set they are 127/124 RS/RA allowed.

Again, average at best.

19. Likes:

*BaseClogger* (05-11-2021),REDREAD (05-13-2021)

Nah not at all what I'm implying, the game is made up of many moments and right now the Reds are stuffing their coffers with the Pirates. They also have been shut out five times, take those five add them to the four vs the Pirates and they are averaging 4.33 runs per game, the league average is 4.36 so they are an average team scoring runs. If you take all the rest of their games aside from that prior set they are 127/124 RS/RA allowed.

Again, average at best.
    Well their record is pretty average so makes sense.

21. Likes:

REDREAD (05-13-2021)

No. That series unmasked them. Start figuring out whom to trade.

Reds: Win 2 out of 3 in Pittsburgh

FCB: That seals the deal. I am no longer an Reds fan. I’ve been a fan since 1982 and a season ticket holder since 1996. I officially will not be renewing my plan next season nor will I watch on tv ever again. Krall is officially the worst gm in history.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

24. Likes:

Edd Roush (05-12-2021),M2 (05-13-2021),NebraskaRed (05-12-2021),RedTeamGo! (05-12-2021),Ron Madden (05-12-2021),SirFelixCat (05-13-2021),The Operator (05-12-2021),WildcatFan (05-12-2021)

Turn Off Ads?