Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Scoreboard Watching!

The pride is back. Assembly Hall's Avatar

Re: Scoreboard Watching!

Quote Originally Posted by CaiGuy View Post
    Cubs get to face DeGrom in Queens today.
    deGrom with a scoreless streak going. I do believe it is 22 innings?

2. Turn Off Ads?

After 3 straight losses in San Diego, the Reds are still in third place and are 3 games out of first place.

4. Likes:

*BaseClogger* (06-20-2021),Bob Sheed (06-20-2021),Joeyjection19 (06-21-2021),Red Raindog (06-23-2021),SomeCallMeTim (06-20-2021),Tom Servo (06-20-2021)

Cards drop a two game series in Detroit. Michael Fulmer could be a good relief target, incidentally.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

6. Likes:

CaiGuy (06-23-2021),goreds2 (06-24-2021),Griffey012 (06-23-2021),Moose Herd (06-23-2021),mth123 (06-23-2021),Ron Madden (06-23-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    Cards drop a two game series in Detroit. Michael Fulmer could be a good relief target, incidentally.
    He's seems like he could be one of those names we bring up for years, and the Reds actually DO acquire...like a year or two after they stop being good.

Marlon Bird is an example that comes to mind.

He has another year of club control too, hopefully they'll look into that.

I think he would be the ideal guy for us to target, and the Tigers would like to get some young talent back. Fulmer is signed for 3.1 this year arb. eligible next year with FA status in 2023. So if I'm the GM I would offer this:

Tigers trade: Michael Fulmer(SP/RP) and Jose Cisnero(RHRP) and Zach Hess (A+ RHRP) #22prospect.

Reds trade: Aristedes Aquino, Tony Santillan(AAA/MLB) , Christian Roa (#10), and Case Williams(#21) prospects

Reds- get better overall pitching depth, and can get rid of underperformers, and still be able to keep them both in 2022, the Tigers get 2 guys that can stay on their roster now in Aquino/Santillian and still acquire 2 young pitchers from the 2020 draft.
    Last edited by schroomytunes; 06-23-2021 at 04:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CaiGuy View Post
    He's seems like he could be one of those names we bring up for years, and the Reds actually DO acquire...like a year or two after they stop being good.

Marlon Bird is an example that comes to mind.
    It was actually Mathew Boyd that I was thinking of as someone that has been tossed around here, though I would be cool with him as well.

Quote Originally Posted by schroomytunes View Post
    I think he would be the ideal guy for us to target, and the Tigers would like to get some young talent back. Fulmer is signed for 3.1 this year arb. eligible next year with FA status in 2023. So if I'm the GM I would offer this:

Tigers trade: Michael Fulmer(SP/RP) and Jose Cisnero(RHRP) and Zach Hess (A+ RHRP) #22prospect.

Reds trade: Aristedes Aquino, Tony Santillan(AAA/MLB) , Christian Roa (#10), and Case Williams(#21) prospects

Reds- get better overall pitching depth, and can get rid of underperformers, and still be able to keep them both in 2022, the Tigers get 2 guys that can stay on their roster now in Aquino/Santillian and still acquire 2 young pitchers from the 2020 draft.
    I think this would be an ideal use for Alejo Lopez. Tigers need young position players for the IF (2B in particular). Lopez, Alf Rod and Riley O'Brien for Fulmer and Niko Goodrum. DFA Payton to make 40 man space (They can have him too if they want). Goodrum (switch hitter) to SS, Fulmer to the Bullpen. Farmer to the bench. FReeman to AAA. Pick a name to remove from the pen. I'd probably DFA Doolittle, but Hembree or Hendrix back to AAA works for me as well. I'm not attached to Warren, Osich or even Garrett, but I'd try to see if Garrett can become useable in a reduced role and give Osish and Warren more time to fail.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

Cubs start the first of four at the LA Dodgers tonight. Here’s hoping the Dodgers have a broom in the closet.
    * Attended the 1990 and 2010 Reds Division clinchers *

Go 76ers, Go Steelers and Go Bucks

Cardinals lose 8-2 to the Pirates, drop to 3 games below .500.

14. Likes:

HammerTime (06-25-2021),Ron Madden (06-25-2021),Tom Servo (06-24-2021)

Thanks a lot, Bowie Kuhn Revering4Blue's Avatar

The Cubs have nothing going on (a combined no-hitter) at Dodger Stadium as we go to the bottom of the ninth.
    Whatever you do, do your best to not allow the struggles of life to interfere with the pleasures of living.

16. Likes:

Ron Madden (06-25-2021)

Chicago starter Zach Davies set the tone with six spotless innings, followed by Ryan Tepera, Andrew Chafin and Craig Kimbrel for the Cubs’ first combined no-hitter in franchise history.

The effort marked MLB's seventh no-hitter of 2021, which ties the Modern Era (since 1900) mark also set in 1990, 1991, 2012 and 2015. It was the 17th no-hitter in Cubs history, the most recent one coming from Alec Mills last season against the Brewers.
    https://www.mlb.com

Not that we didn't already know but boy the Rockies are terrible. Had leads both yesterday and today late in Milwaukee, they gave up 6 runs today in the 8th to lose a game they were winning 4-3 after 6.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

Turn Off Ads?