Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Masters

The Masters

I'm embarrassed that it took one of us this long to start this thread! Spring has now officially arrived.

2. Likes:

GAC (04-11-2021),Kingspoint (04-08-2021)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Re: The Masters

Who is golf's biggest personality these days? Not its best player.

DeChambeau?

That's whom I thought of as well. Bryson DeChambeau.

IMO, there is no compelling reason to tune in, even with it being the Masters.
    Last edited by texasdave; 04-08-2021 at 04:04 PM.

If you're feeling bad about your golf game, go on over to Masters.com and check out Jason Kokrak's tee shot on the par 5 13th.

Justin Rose is flat wearing everyone else out on day one.

9. Likes:

Kingspoint (04-08-2021),Stray (04-08-2021)

Anyone watch the Tiger documentary on HBO that came out recently? I highly, highly recommend it.
    Turning and turning in the widening gyre
    The falcon cannot hear the falconer;

11. Likes:

GAC (04-11-2021)

Spieth got greedy on #9, then played the rest of his shots after hitting the tree and going sideways with lackadaisical shots. That's not the mindset of a Master's Champion...not this year. There's a reason he hadn't won in years until last week.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    Justin Rose is flat wearing everyone else out on day one.
    Considering the way the course was playing today, I'm not sure I've ever watched a better stretch of play than what he did from 8-18 today. It was like he was playing a totally different golf course.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    Spieth got greedy on #9, then played the rest of his shots after hitting the tree and going sideways with lackadaisical shots. That's not the mindset of a Master's Champion...not this year. There's a reason he hadn't won in years until last week.
    Not to mention his eagle on 15 was on its way into the pond if it doesn't hit the flagstick. He played well today but fortunate to not have had another big number there.

Quote Originally Posted by Stray View Post
    Considering the way the course was playing today, I'm not sure I've ever watched a better stretch of play than what he did from 8-18 today. It was like he was playing a totally different golf course.
    I'm surprised anyone was able to birdie a hole the way the greens were.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

16. Likes:

GAC (04-11-2021)

If you have SiriusXM in your car or at work....

Masters week on SiriusXM programming is available to subscribers nationwide on SiriusXM radios (Sirius channel 208, XM channel 92) and on the SiriusXM app

After announcing its new agreement as the exclusive audio broadcaster of the Masters earlier this year, SiriusXM will be producing and presenting live play-by-play broadcasts of all four rounds of the tournament for the first time. SiriusXM’s live Tournament coverage will air each day – Thursday through Sunday – starting at 2:00 pm ET and running through the completion of play. Additionally, each day before the broadcast begins at 2:00 pm, SiriusXM will provide live look-ins during its programming in the morning and early afternoon. This will be the first time that listeners will be getting live audio play-by-play coverage of featured morning groups.

https://blog.siriusxm.com/hear-2021-...y-on-siriusxm/
    * Attended the 1990 and 2010 Reds Division clinchers *

Go 76ers, Go Steelers and Go Bucks

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    If you're feeling bad about your golf game, go on over to Masters.com and check out Jason Kokrak's tee shot on the par 5 13th.
    Jason is +3 and in 46th place. Nothing special, but pretty solid considering he's hit two of the worst shots I've ever seen from a professional golfer. The tee shot on 13 I mentioned in this post yesterday, and a bunker shot just now on #12 (his second shot). You can watch them at Masters.com if you click on his name in the leaderboard. It's actually pretty amazing in that you can watch every shot from every single player in the field on their webpage.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    I'm surprised anyone was able to birdie a hole the way the greens were.
    I know Dustin mentioned. After such a hard rain, speed adjustment can be troublesome. It was affecting others too, but as Dustin said - others made adjustment far better then I, and that's it.

So he's gone, as well as my man Rory. LOL
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Hideki played great, particularly after the delay yesterday, but he was gettable today. Shocked none of those guys at -7 went low. And Zalatoris missed so many putts this weekend and missed the playoff by one, super impressed with that guy's game. But very happy for Hideki. Lot has been expected of this man and I'm happy he delivered for his fans.

21. Likes:

Chip R (04-12-2021),GAC (04-12-2021)

Turn Off Ads?